[RP] Play-By-Post Pathfinder

(26)

1 Like

Drakor nodded, then retrieved a silver link from his belt pouch. “Do you have parchment that I could use?”

(Listed time being a truncation of when the madam told me it happened)

“Well, I sure didn’t see anyone!”


“That would’ve been around Agneta’s channel, right? So everyone there should be clear.”


“If I were you I’d check the area near the window, see if they left any signs.”

“…you could just do that, if you wanted to.”

“Well, it seems like these nice young people have it under control, doesn’t it?”


“Sure, I saw plenty of people around sundown. Isn’t that normal? You’ve got everyone coming in from their fields, right? Do you want me to name them all?”


“You know, I was telling Agneta she ought to keep the bushes near the temple trimmed. If people just listened to me, this never would have happened.”


“I don’t know, this whole ‘rock’ story sounds pretty fishy to me. Have you even seen the rock?”


(you’re pretty sure that if anyone had directly witnessed the rock-thrower throwing the rock or sneaking around by the temple, you’d have heard from them by now)

“Two links for a sheet.”

ooc

me: “let me just quickly check how much parchment costs again”
me:
me:
me: wow! ok!

this is really expensive for our reference period (though not for some earlier periods that the setting sometimes feels like being based on), but trying to create an internally consistent economy is kind of a ‘there lies madness’ sort of deal :joy_cat:

2 Likes

Drakor winced, but handed over the three links.

letter

Fourth of Gozran, 4704.

Shir,

I hope you are well. I’m currently in Granitehill. A visiting magistrate was murdered yesterday night (the third of Gozran). Reportedly he was investigating the Baron; I suspect that this murder may be connected to the attack.

My efforts to track the one-eyed man have proven unfruitful. As such, I believe finding this murderer is my best path forward.

Unfortunately, our case has stalled. We found footprints in the forest near the scene of the crime, but I lost the trail. There is a slight possibility the culprit used alchemy to enhance their strength, but that connection is tenuous at best.

If you have any suggestions, please advise. I’m aware that you’re guarding home in my absence, so please do not leave to find me. Any correspondence may be forwarded to the Granitehill general store.

-Draks

2 Likes

She removes a small box from behind the counter, unlocks it, places the letter back inside, relocks it, and returns the box to its original position. “Can I help you with anything else today?”

2 Likes

“I wish to browse, but nothing in particular.”

(Is there a list of items in the shop?)

(And/or are there any magical weapons?)

(I don’t have a comprehensive one to hand, but I can try to come up with one if you’d like)

(no magic weapons though)

1 Like

(any magic items at all?)

1 Like

(she has some healing potions (brought up from Hazel Ford) in a locked chest, and some flasks of holy water (technically nonmagical), but nothing non-consumable)

2 Likes

(Any weapons?)

(And does this feel cramped?)

(Yes! Since Sten the Younger and his family don’t personally forge weapons, weapons in the town are mostly brought up from Hazel Ford. The majority of the ‘weapons’ for sale are cooking knives, but there are also more conventional/martially useful weapons – though, like the potions, they’re kept locked in chests (though the shopkeeper can bring them out on request))

(…Maybe? Objectively speaking, it’s not a small room, but basically all the shelf space is filled with goods, and quite a bit of the floor space is taken up by barrels and crates)

2 Likes

“Might I see your weapons?” Drakor asked.

“My apologies, Sten. The situation in each family differs case by case, and I didn’t know yours trust each other this much,” Arius says as he profusely sweats –probably from the heat from the forge while wearing scale mail.

“Still, I believe it’s better to take the extra steps to inform you rather than leave you confused in the event that (1) we return late and (2) you were searching for the handle.”

Bugibugi sees Drakor entering the store. He enthusiastically hurries to enter it too and talk to his acquitance.

“DRAKOR. BUGIBUGI. FRIEND?”

2 Likes

Drakor turned to face the fighter. “Uh. Hello.”

He blinked. “You are asking if you would like to be friends?”

1 Like

“DON’T YOU REMEMBER ME? WE MET BEFORE. YOU FORGOT???” Bugibugi looks like he’s about to cry

2 Likes