[RP] Play-By-Post Pathfinder

“Are there people who stay up late?” Drakor ask. “Any nightwatch? We could see if they heard or saw anyone up last night.”

“This isn’t a really… heavily guarded town…”

She goes silent.

“We could… uhm… the militia. If there would be anyone fitting that context, it’d be them. I guess.”

2 Likes

@discobot roll 2d6

Channel twice

1 Like

:game_die: 3, 4

(7 hp back. No I can’t help you with ability damage sorry)

1 Like

“Right. A militia.” Drakor nodded.

He was silent for a while.

“So who’s on it?”

“…Uhm.”

“Don’t give me that look!” Drakor said. “My village didn’t have one.”

2 Likes

{That’s… telling.}

“I’m… sorry. I don’t really know anyone who we both didn’t see. At the creek. Where the body was.”

1 Like

Drakor grunted. “Fair. I would suppose they would have already provided such information if they had it.”

He frowned. “You were out late last night, right? Did you see anyone besides the Wanderer?”

“I saw… the… terrifying guy who… keeps saying his name…”
“…That I forgot the name of.”

“The one that barged in after you in the shop.”

3 Likes

“Ah! Bugibugi?” Drakor asked. “He’s alright. Somewhat aggressive and loud, but he bought me a drink after I got kicked out of a tavern.”

3 Likes

((Since each trip is effectively ~30mins, then the job should be done in ~90mins. In other words… I guess my story is frozen until Arete comes back. …'cuz like, there’s nothing special happening besides the transportation of chopped wood.))

1 Like

She looks plainly forward, and like she might have figured to do a hundred times, asks when there is clearly a story. “What happened?”

1 Like

(Hang on this is gonns be long ill write it during lunch)

(In like an hour)

2 Likes

Bugibugi feels rejuvenated. He sincerely thanks Wanderer

2 Likes

Bugibugi goes to sleep in his room in the tavern, hoping to rest and recover ((full day of downtime bed rest))

((I’m not sure if I have a room, do I? Also, can the NPC at the chapel cure my ability damage?))

1 Like

(Sorry took a while)

Drakor looked out into the distance, into the past. “It was around early Pharast, I think? I had been asking around a tavern, just trying to track down… well, you know.”

He chuckled. “In an attempt to glean more information, I challenged the local swindler to a simple card game. If I won, he’d answer my questions. If he won, I’d pay him the entire contents of my coin purse.”

“I lost, of course. I handed over my coin purse s, having discreetly removed most of my money before entering. Pretending to be drunk, I challenged him again, except this time offering my sword in exchange for my questions and my money.”

He gestured to the short sword hanging on his belt. “The elf couldn’t resist. We played again, with my opponent far more confident now that he sensed an easy mark.”

Drakor lowered his mask and smiled. It was a predatory smile, twin fangs protruding slightly from his mouth. “I’d lost the first game on purpose, of course, in order to ascertain how my opponent would cheat. Now that I knew, I easily beat my opponent the second time around. I smiled in his shocked face and politely asked my questions.”

He put his mask back up. “To which the man’s friends threw me out onto the street. Bugibugi was nearby and he helped me up. Once I told him the story, he stormed inside, got back my coin purse and bought me a drink at a different bar.”

Drakor looked back at Canary. “So there’s the story. Never did get my questions answered, though.”

2 Likes

Another pattern of practised speech. “I see. That must’ve been hard on you.”

Drakor chuckled. “Hah! It stung a little, but no bruises or broken bones. And it makes a good story.”

He looked at her. “Have you any stories you would like to share?”