She wordlessly agrees.
“Huh… Well, okay,” Arius says, still whispering.
(I’m not sure what the store has to do with anything, so I’m going to ignore that part.)
(Dude ive been rolling under a 10 for my tracking roll)
(I kinda need the help tbh)
(she misunderstood your comment as “has he been kneeling down to follow tracks since I last saw him?” instead of “when he follows tracks”, I understood)
Arius looks at the three sets of footprints and looks at the other two party members. “This may sound stupid, but there are three tracks to follow and three of us.”
“Though, if we truly wish to centralize our attention, then I believe it is best to continue following the footprints that you have already identified prior.”
Her eyes narrow, but she doesn’t argue on either point.
“I don’t like splitting up,” Drakor said. “Not when we might have to enter the woods, and certainly not when a known killer is loose.”
((Okay, but in what way? By Aid Another or by having me roll a separate Survival/Perception check?))
((OOC: Now Zone is confused.))
((…it is probably best to leave this matter behind, as I doubt it will be relevant in the overall story.))
“Very well. Lead the way.”
((Looking back, I will assume you meant the former. Rolling for +0 Survival, Aid Another.))
@discobot roll 1d20
7
(Okay, but in what way? By Aid Another or by having me roll a separate Survival/Perception check?))
(I think a +8 (or +10 if canary helps too) should be good for even the most obscene rolls)
(Versus we could get unlucky twice)
Another is on the smaller side, consistent with the print you saw by the river (though not certain to be from the same feet).
Drakor began following the smaller footprints towards the hill.
(@Arete lmk when I need to roll)
(@Amelia we’re probably moving slow enough that lionel could follow if he wanted to)
(Canary uses Aid Another on Drakor.)
(you don’t need to roll to follow the tracks you already found back to the hill)
Canary looks lost in thought.
you’re able to pick up on three pairs of less recent tracks (as well as your own fresh prints from today). One is quite large, notably bigger than your own feet, with leather soles that turn slightly inwards. Another is on the smaller side, consistent with the print you saw by the river (though not certain to be from the same feet). The final pair has a more middling size, with toes coming to a point.
((Questions: (1) Do these footprints lead to the same direction? (2) Do any of these footprints lead anywhere besides the hill to the east?))
(Canary uses Aid Another on Drakor.)
You can also roll to Aid Another […], and if you hit a DC 10, you give a boost to the person making the main check.
((Atlas, you roll a d20 for Aid Another.))
You follow the smallest tracks back towards the hill. Whoever left the tracks seems to have taken a slightly indirect route — at various points, they stopped to detour past a tree or a fence or a patch of brambles. The tracks wind their way to the base of the hill — you didn’t spot them before, but now that you’re looking for them specifically, you can see them winding their way over to the spot where you found signs of someone having fallen. Interestingly, the tracks leading up to the scuffle left a roughly even impression of the full foot, rather than deeper impressions near the ball of the foot or the toes; from your experience tracking, you’d guess that they were walking, not running.
(1) Do these footprints lead to the same direction?
roughly the same direction, but not treading the exact same paths
(2) Do any of these footprints lead anywhere besides the hill to the east?
it doesn’t look like it
She temporarily rises from her stupor. "The… victim didn’t happen to have obscenely large feet, right?
7