[RP] Trials of Madness - Completed - Apprentice, Magnus, Squirrel, and Windward emerge Victorious

Third time’s the charm, right?

A small candlelight slowly flickers away, as the sounds of an amusement park slowly shutting down in the distance rings through your ears. You’re trapped in a strange room, with a strange man, reading off a strange paper.

This is an Roleplay game, with focus on RPG-like mechanics. Players will walk through and discover different rooms, finding clues, exploring different levels, and well… Murder eachother. There will be a larger focus on death this game compared to its predecessors, as I (personally) believe, less players means less work, less stress, etc etc.

Anything in this interest check is subseptible to changing.

There will be No Randed Turncoat/Saboteur. To compensate for this change, Evil players will generally have wincons more around murder, there will be more Evil players, and most players will be Neutral rather than Good

There is no ability to access a PA system or text, and the main thread will generally remain closed. (although, there may be reasons this will change) and I will sometimes allow communication (through whispers and the thread) when I am currently not processing.
Death is permanent. There is no binding, and no room creation to save your soul. If you get struck down during your Swan Song, you’re dead.

Alignments

There will be three different alignments. Neutral, Good, and Evil. The majority of players will be Neutral, rather than Good, and there will be a larger amount of Evil players.

Neutral players will have 130 ability points
Good players will have 140 ability points
Evil players will have 150 ability points
Good players, however, will be given a few small bonuses to balance it out.

Ability examples

Speedster - Years of running from the law has given you a stronger will, and grit. You are more elegant while performing actions (Such as parkouring, climbing, etc.) compared to the average person (35 weight)
What do you see? - You spawn with a pair of shades, which completely cover your eyes. For 15 mana, you may stare into a player, dealing the damage of your magicks stat, as well as lowering their agility by -8. (40 weight)
Right behind you - For 3 seconds, you may choose to be completely invisible, for a cost of 35 mana. During this time, you cannot interact with any item, leave the room, or interact with objects,except which that are placed within your inventory. You cannot attack anyone during this phase, and you still may be damaged, but you may swing when coming out of it. (55 weight), with character discount

You may be able to change some parts of your abilities when you level up, and you will gain some additional ability points down the line. Themed characters, characters with a backstory, and characters with constant effort being put into them Will gain bonuses, such as your character being good at things they logically would be, your character being able to more masterfully use their abilities, etc. Entertaining me will help the game a lot, and as such you will get rewarded for doing so. Please act in character, it gives the game life that it wouldn’t have without it and it’ll be a lot of fun if you just try.
There will be ability limiters in place, and overly stupid abilities will just… not.
If your backstory is vaguely related to The Princess Bride, you will automatically explode. No exceptions.
If you have any questions, I would kindly recommend you ask the host. The host. Do not trust others. Do not trust others. Do not trust others.

Each player has 5 hidden inventory slots (for now). However, reasonability caps for items will be… more reasonable. If you have a butter knife, it’ll take up around half a slot, for example. Bigger items may take up two slots, or more.

There is no starting item.

Swan Song

You’ve been beaten, bashed and bruised. This is your only hope.
Your Swan Song is activated when you are brought down to 0 HP. All fire, poison, and any other lasting effects are temporarily halted, for four turns. This person gets priorities in most rolls, and is granted advantage on rolls, including attacks.
After each fight, you will automatically regen to one health.
Swan Song is regenerated if the player either is healed to full health, or when a combat encounter ends.

Character’s

Each character requires the following

Identity

Name:
Weight:
Eye Color:
Glasses or Contacts:
Clothing (and accessories):
Hair Color and Style:
Other Noteworthy Information:
Backstory:

Miscellaneous Character Descriptions:

Motivation: You came to this place with a purpose. Why?

[Character Name] - Level 1
Alignment -
Health -
Mana -
Strength -
Agility -
Magicks -
Intelligence -

You choose your own Alignment, although I may have to forcerand you if the alignment is too full

Stats

There will (likely) be the following stats

1. Strength
  2. Agility
  3. Magicks
  4. Intelligence

The other stats were kinda :moyai:
Strength: How much you deal by socking the bad guys in the nose, how much you can take from the bad guys socking you in the nose
Agility: How much you deal with ranged weaponary (there may or may not be guns), bottles, etc. How likely you are to dodge
Magicks: How much damage you deal, magickal abilites, etc. This is more important than you think.
Intelligence: How likely you are to see things, small combat buffs (knowing how to use weaponary you’re using helps, shockingly), adds to accuracy

Stat Points
Neutral players will start with 40
Good and Evil players will start with 45
For each level-up, each player will gain 5 Stat Points. In addition, at the start of the game each player will select one non-main stat to gain two stat points per each level up, adding up to seven.

Stat Numbers
HP = 60 + 1.5(STR)
Mana = 10 + 1.5(MAG) + 0.5(INT)
Accuracy = [25% + A(1/3 Int)] + (1/4 AGI) OR (1/4 Magicks) - [D(3/4 AGI)]
Crit Chance = [1/2(Int)] + 1/8(STR Or Agi) Or (1/4 Magicks)
Physical = 3/4A(Str) + (Weapon Bonus) - D(Armor)
Ranged = 3/4A(Agi) + (Weapon Bonus) - D(3/4 Armor)
Magicks = 3/4A(Mag) + (Spell Bonus/Subtraction) - D(3/4 Armor)
[] just mean that no matter what, thats part of the equation for statements which have possible OR variables

Whispers

You may only whisper a player by being in the same room as them, being close enough to them, and typing in chat /whisper [player]. (There is other possible ways of whispering, however that is the easiest) You may talk about the game beforehand, but not during.

Shopkeep

There will be a shopkeep mechanic practically throught the entire game.
Each player will have a certain amount of Gold at the start of the game, and it will be maintained throught the game
Gold amount isn’t public, however: Your killer, no matter for what reason, will gain all of your Gold.
On average, players will start with 100 Gold. However, there will be something meant to take that away from you early on

NPCS

There will be several npcs. Most can talk. Few are friendly, some are Neutral, some are just gonna try and kill you.
The Shopkeeper, for example, is a neutral NPC. Some enemies may attack you while misunderstanding your presence, and some will attack you for funsies. Some bosses can be beaten without killing them, and there will be plentiful rewards for doing so.

Burnout is going to likely be my main enemy here, so if y’all have any suggestions, please please state them. The more fun you all are having, and the more entertaining the players are, the less likely this game is to end up like its predessors. I want one roleplay rpg game to end with a fufilling ending, rather than it getting nuked.
AFK players may be force-replaced/modkilled at worst at the hosts will. This is a rpg too, ya know.
Not listening to the host for any reason may result to punishments up to and including a modkill. (I.E, don’t purposely talk in thread during the game when the host doesn’t allow it or share any information outside the game to another player or anyone else.

Afk actions are allowed (I.E: If attacked, run to [x] or If attacked, shoot the death lazer of destruction in their dumb stupid face

I will not apologize for the colours

Processing Times are:
2022-07-24T20:00:00Z
For 1-2 hours
And
2022-07-25T00:00:00Z
For 1-2 hours
For around 3-ish hours every day (hopefully)

Playerlist:

1. @ElizaThePsycho - Horatia
Horatia - Deceased

[Redacted]
Other Descriptions - Decapitated. Her head displays sorrow, as if she was screaming from pain in her last moments

1. @Magnus - Deryn Monroe
Deryn - Victorious

Name: Deryn Monroe
Height: 135cm
Weight: [REDACTED]
Eye Colour: Blue
Glasses or Contacts: N/A
Clothing (And accessories): A brown, muddy cloak draped across Deryn.
Hair Color and Style: N/A
Other Noteworthy Information: Owlfolk. Snow-coloured feathers.

1. @Squirrel2412 - Stick Astley
Stick - Victorious

Name: Redbud “Stick” Astley.
Height: 7" (not including tail)
Eye Color: Brown.
Glasses or Contacts: None.
Clothing (And accessories): Light green polo with black cargo shorts, in addition to a green baseball cap and a large gray satchel.
Hair Color and Style: Brown-gray, with hints of orange on the tail.
Other Noteworthy Information: Small scar below his right eye.
c4fd276a9d98e85894c577a4ae43fb58a526d38f_2_442x498

1. @Apprentice - Euclid
Euclid - Victorious

Name: Euclid Adamos
Height: 5’10"
Eye Color : Gray
Glasses or Contacts : Not needed
Clothing (and accessories): A loose jacket and sweatpants. Both are black with white accents. A large and prominent sword is very obvious across Euclid’s back. It seems to be emanating a ghostly glow.
Hair Color and Style: Curly black hair of short-medium length
Other Noteworthy Information: Of Greek descent

1. @Shurian - Terrice
Terrice - Missing

Name: Terrice Callaby
Height: 5"6
Eye Color: Lime Green.
Glasses or Contacts: Brown Contacts and a pair of glasses.
Clothing (And accessories): [REDACTED]
Hair Color and Style: Long, Dark Brown hair with braids on the left

1. @Geyde - Semper Konstantinos
Konstantinos - Deceased

Name: Semper Konstantinos
Height: 5’8"
Eye Color: Amber Yellow
Glasses or Contacts: Glasses, tinted maroon
Clothing (And accessories): Suit. Maroon gloves. Bottom of dress shoes are similarly maroon.
Hair Color and Style: Black. Wavy and unruly, like he just came out of a wind tunnel. Sideburns.
Other Description: Body is filled with .762 ammunition, by some lunatic madwoman.

1. @WindwardAway- Santiago López Sandoval
Santiago - Victorious

Name: Santiago López Sandoval
Height: 178 cm
Eye Color: Hazel
Glasses or Contacts: None
Clothing (and Accessories): A mustard yellow, collared, button-down shirt worn untucked; black denim jeans; probably some sort of boots
Hair Color and Style: Straight black hair reaching halfway down his back

1. @Aelin - Evelyn
Evelyn - Deceased

Name: Evelyn “Eve” Rhys
Height: 5’7" (1.7 m)
Weight: [It’s rude to ask a woman her weight, you know.]
Eye Color: Bluish Gray
Glasses or Contacts: Not Applicable
Clothing (And accessories): Evelyn is currently wearing a dark gray office shirt with the collar haphazardly folded, and no undershirt. She also has on a dark gray choker. She is additionally wearing comfortable, light-blue sweatpants, and has a comfortable, dark gray hoodie (a bit darker than the shirt) wrapped around her waist. She has a single earring on her right ear.
Hair Color and Style: Strawberry Blonde, shoulder-length, wavy. Is sometimes worn up in a ponytail or braided
Other Noteworthy Information: She is eighteen years old.

1. @Silviu200530 - Kitty
Kitty - Deceased

Name: Kitty
Height: 2.1m
Clothing (And accessories): Blanket

Eliza - Collect 5 scrolls of Ancient Knowledge, and escape this hell with your life
Magnus - 5 possible mysteries, needs to do three. Frame a player for murder, Figure out the mystery of the Mansion. Discover the stories of [X] story-important Npc’s. Find, and kill BALLOONY, once and for all or discover the secret to this place and Discover the true meaning behind your abilities, and escape
Squirrel - Collect 850 gold, complete the orders assigned to you, and escape this hell with your life
Apprentice - Collect Four souls (The Soul blade counts as one) and use them to revive your sister.
Shurian - Put your life, or the lives of others at risk until you’ve had your fill, and escape this hell with your life
Geyde - Unite all alive players, as one. How you do this is up to you.
WindwardAway - Survive until two or less players remain, defeat The Hunters, and escape this hell with your life
Aelin - Relive the “Day of Reckoning”
Silviu - Actively help in the success of two characters, up to True Neutral. Will need to escape

/in

i demand a rolecard

me when
me when i have to do work

1 Like

gimme a minute
i’ll give all of y’all one

1 Like

if you post the template in thread you could make us send you the rolecard

1 Like

but like
why