Story's Terrible Awful Mixtape (SEND ALBUMS)

treasure’s tinder found

11 Likes

LOL

Question, @TodaysStory: how do you want us to submit album suggestions?
Like, do you want a YouTube link to each song or a playlist link or just the name of the album?

Asking because I need to recommend more J-Pop, and I want to know the proper way to inundate you with it.

the name of the album usually works
i listen to albums alot of different ways

1 Like

i doubt it can be as depressing as the entire zootopia soundtrack

3 Likes

I would like to submit this album

4 Likes

this is the only song

5 Likes

I thought this was AI wtf

yeah it sounds like AI so i think it’s just heavily autotuned

1 Like

someone made an ai cover to which he responded by personally making a real cover

if hes making covers of songs where theres an ai cover of him singing it can he cover bubblegum bitch

further listening

2 Likes

Chapter 4: I’m just a little guy

uh. hi.
its been a minute. well it hasn’t we all share a community but it’s been a minute since my last little newsletter here. sorry about that. a bit. At the end of the day this is just a little project of mine to pass time and talk really loudly. I like telling my little stories. Shocker.
This was supposed to be for my bus time but uh. As rediscovered by yours truly I spent far too much time asleep on the bus to pay attention to music well. My bus driver hates me. This was also supposed to be, like, fun, but I very quickly became overly concerned of the amount of cringe this has by me loreposting because instead of having like a blog or, once again, a newsletter I have hijacked a forum for my postings so I spent a while thinking about the ethics of that. But people can interact more on a forum. Also there are people I like on this forum. And also (I WILL NOT CONTINUE THIS THOUGHT AS TO NOT GET BACK INTO THE ETHICS OF MY MIXTAPE THREAD). But sure. why not. Let’s go again. This time with style.
It’s been. so long. i barely remember the format of this thing. And I say that knowing full well Ive thought about if and when I’ll do another one of these every other day this entire time. Let’s go for it

You know. I didn’t exactly think about what it would mean to do this right now. But like at this point I have already listened to it. And like I don’t know when I’ll be able to do this again. So we are covering Krystal, by Matt Maltese. As submitted by Marissa. This took so long to do that one of the submitters is banned lmao
Matt Maltese is someone who I have listened to before today. I bring this up as, by some blessing from above, I had listened to stuff by or related to the first 4. This is important as I have not listened to a single other thing on the entire fucking list. Not a single thing. I’ve listened to a bit of patricia taxxon. That is At The End.
Despite that, I didn’t really know what I was going into. And what I found was a very pleasant surprise. This ones a much shorter listen than the previous, being ~11111 gecs. But in that time, it succeeds at creating one whole experience.

The slight honkytonk sound used throughout the album is very much appreciated. It’s something I love in music that I simply do not see used this way enough. The sound choice in general is something I’m a huge fan of. Like theres just a kind of 2000s quirky cult classic thingy to it. I find the vocals very charming. This is very good sleepytime bus music I don’t know how to describe it’s flavor of Nice other than that. If you shown this to me in 2019 I would’ve probably popped off given my music taste at the time. Tragically/Thankfully, I am no longer in 2019, however that doesn’t mean I don’t appreciate it for the same reasons :P

My favourite song would have to be Jupiter. I’m very fond of the weep woopy synth, it reminds me alot of some ADOY songs. Curl up & Die definitely comes close though. It just sweeps in an out like a passing tide. Maybe even When you wash your hair that has probably my favourite vocal performance. One thing is the album doesn’t have any easy single point I can call the best. It’s just all pretty good. Which is pretty good. But I do like albums that have a certain x factor in them. Or several x factors. Having one really really good song and a bunch of okay ones is almost better than just having pretty good songs. Makes me look forward to that one moment.
I will be listening to this again. Sleepytime bus music is something very valued to me. How does that change the rankings, though…

NEW RATINGS:

Albums

This. this is hard. I found that Chonny’s Charming Chaos Compendium had much higher peaks but it hit alot less than Krystal for me. But I think that it’s lower points were still strong enough to just narrowly stay ahead of Krystal, putting Krystal in second.

1. Chonny Jash - Chonny’s Charming Chaos Compendium (Keldi)
  2. Matt Maltese - Krystal (Marshal)
  3. 100 gecs - 10,000 gecs (YoubutWorse)
  4. Hudson Mohawke - Satin Panthers (katze)
Songs

With the peak of Dream (Outro from Calamity), the highest I could put Jupiter was 2nd. Although, I’d say it’s a pretty strong second.

1. Chonny Jash - Dream (Outro from Calamity) (Keldi)
  2. Matt Maltese - Jupiter (Marshal)
  3. 100 gecs - One Million Dollars (YoubutWorse)
  4. Hudson Mohawke - Octan (katze)

Thank you for the submission, @Marshal! Feel free to submit again. I might even be able to do it by the time your mafia blacklist runs out. If you’re lucky.
See you all again sometime.

4 Likes

also @TodaysStory glad u enjoyed :)))

I think we are different kinds of music listeners because I am an Album listener through and through, and looove albums that hold up front-to-back even if they don’t have musical highs. personal favs off the album for me are intolewd/when you wash your hair/jupiter.

more marissacore albums of this sort (ones I like fully all the way through) that i’ll throw out there (varying levels of popularity)

Welcome Interstate Managers - Fountains of Wayne
Vs. - Pearl Jam
Love Angel Music Baby - Gwen Stefani
Tragic Kingdom - No Doubt
Little by Little… - Harvey Danger

and finally, my actual “submission” if we’re all still alive in 2029 is The Story of Our Times - Trevor Moore

featuring

• the kardashians
  • mentions of (nsfw) land before time hentai & autoerotic asphyxiation
  • many jokes that dont hold up incredibly well

honestly is in my top 10 albums ever despite by all metrics being just a parody/comedy album. Still, I actually really really like every song on here. I could go lyric for lyric on every single song on this album.

1 Like

Will Wood - In Case I Die

This is so fucking funny he just turned all his most recent albums into 1 album

I WOULD LIKE TO APOLOGISE TO::
Hazard
Garfooled
May
Tutuu
otterpopd
Misty
baker
Leafia