Stratagem-21 FM - Signup (CANCELLED)

7 PM EST is midnight for me, which is still fine.
I can’t go to 9 PM EST though.

I will tentatively /in then…

2 Likes

/Join (Low Priority).

3 Likes

/in

3 Likes

Hi. It’s been a while.

1 Like

I am very busy being a woman in stem so I will probably be posting less than I used to

I am excited though I have been having an itch to play some forum mafia!

6 Likes

/in

2 Likes

Actuallt I will ask here too.

@Mistyx @Zone_Q11

What’s the point of mortician being active role?
In reality it will always check the lynch.

I know you might expect strategic kills (maf 2 maf kill), but that’s not going to happen in 2-man mafia.
Mostly because you offer not enough benefits to do so.

Yes, dead mafia can vote. But by swinging a vote, it would instantly reveal that one mafia was eliminated by tactical. And instead of two chances for win, you are left with one.

This goes further down the road.
Without any other ways mafia could realistically be killed, Mortician best strategy is to claim only if they found mafia was lynched.
And for other players to basically enforce this.

Why? Revealed confirmed town. PLUS mortician role is not needed after first mafia death (Since second death would mean game over).

Meaning that town in reality knows all the time if they lynched mafia or town, simply by reaction or lack of thereof.

I feel like this game really needs some more kill sources, like 1-shot vig at least. Or some more motivation for mafia to do tactical kills. Cause here, if you use it even once, the whole mystery point of tactical would be clarified.

Ergo - this game is in reality 7 vt + 2 named townie vs 2 mafia.

On side note - for person playing mortician - if anyone wants to lynch you, don’t claim your role UNLESS you found mafia is dead. (Or the lynch is basically settled and unswingable by other means).
You want to avoid being killed above avoiding being lynched. So try your best without revealing.

At worst backup will know the mortician was lynched and won’t need to check it, but still know the result.
If you are however being killed at night, and only then, there will be a 1-night “hole” / “delay” in results.

The situation changes when you are no longer needed - aka upon finding one of two mafia is dead.

1 Like

if you execute mafia at any time you claim and never get executed. the only hole is whether the mortician gets executed or a mafia/town does

/backup

2 Likes

What if we let players decide their own flavour in the event of their flip?

Sure. Why not.

Mortician is Botc Undertaker tbh.

2 Likes

Zone did you base this setup off Botc? Be honest.

1 Like

No. I based it on the 36 Stratagems.

If anything, it should be based on whatever remnants there is to salvage from the OG Nightmare Woods. Except not really, because this setup was created prior to Nightmare Woods.

2 Likes

Are any of the other roles really reminiscent of BOTC characters?

I see.

Mortician backup pixie, flipless and mafia ghost vote. That’s pretty much it.

1 Like

What if someone hydraed and made this game even harder?

1 Like

The great and powerful Olivest liked my comment?

1 Like