Stratagem-27 FM - Signups (FILLED!)

Ah. Makes sense.

actually it’s worse
all PR’s should agree to hide behind one person n1, the same person
if three people die n1, and the person they hide behind didn’t die, that’s a red check
if mafia kill that person, that is basically a vig for town because it removed a slot from the POE

which means, if my math is right
mafia needs to execute 5/6 of the VT In every possible world, even if everything goes correct

mafia may decide to no kill to make a mafia look good while the town hider dies
this is avoided by the living PR’s asking for the other PR to out if they are the hider
the hider should never die if the target never dies if the target isn’t mafia

basically
“if you are hider vote x”
“Im not hider but I think x is sus”
alright he’s hider, which means x is town

What if x is actually suspicious, though?

Okay, let’s assume everyone plays optimally. All power roles claim that they are power role. They agree to hide behind one of the VT claims. Therefore.

3 PR
6 VT
2 Mafia

Let us assume town executed a VT d1 and the vig killed a vt n1. Let us assume now that the hiders plan worked together and got themselves a clear from the VT (the plan always works btw, the hider death is meangiless in the grand scheme of the plan.)

1 confirmed VT
3 VT
2 PR
2 Mafia

Then they execute another VT. Another town can be cleared if the hider did not die n1, because the plan still works. And the hider should NEVER die unless they target mafia, so they should get another clear unless we are in a world where mafia gets executed soon after.

2 confirmed VT
1 VT
1 PR
2 Mafia

you get the idea
with the way the setup is worded
either mafia gets found out by hider, vig kills a mafia, or they are left in lylo where they need to execute the ONLY VT left

And get this
If mafia is executed in that lylo
The game is over if the hider is still alive

it gets even worse
the drunk should never party n1 because the mafia are throwing if they don’t kill the VT they agree to hide behind because the hider is oppressive, unless the person they hide behind is mafia in which case that guy dies and then that mafia is outted

And even if they kill the guy they are hiding behind, tbat took a dude out of the POE, which means it was basically a town vig shot

sorry for ranting so much in your thread
I was just nerding out over the mechanical aspects of this game
I highly advise that you fix this setup by making it so if someone claims they are a PR, they get shot too, because the optimal play means mafia barely win by the skin of their teeth if they play perfectly, and if they make the slightest mistake they lose horribly

What if the one they hide behind gets attacked?

The way the setup is, it’s not a big deal. The person they hiding behind is a VT in the POE. If the hider and the VT dies, lylo is just lylo instead of mylo

It’s strictly optimal to force the mafia to kill one of your suspects in this game

Hm… sure.

1 Like

I’m not sure if I communicated effectively why this setup is broken without that small change, if you want you can try to look at the setup from the perspective of doing the most optimal things as both alignments and you will realize why mafia will only win if they play perfectly

this small change fixes that though

1 Like

remember when thinking
one kill stopped by town is an extra execution for them
one more kill keeps their executions the same, but also clears the person that died

(this assumes the vig shoots n1, so like drunk stopping a kill or hider dying is what I mean here)

/In.
I’m not sure why nobody’s joining this game.

2 Likes

Maybe because they didn’t like it.
Maybe because they mistook this game for S-21.
Many answers, really.

hider just seems to get absolutely fucked
11p game
9v2
remove the hider themselves
8v2
20% chance off base to die by their own night action
can’t claim being hider
can still die if the person they hide behind gets killed
its essentially if “get fucked” was a role

1 Like