Toxicity Changes (April Fools!)

Recently, we’ve noticed a downtick in toxicity on this site. Several members have expressed concern to us about this trend, and it’s something we find deeply worrying. Toxicity can be hurtful to our fellow players, and this is something we want to be normalized on our forum because it creates an unpleasant environment.

Changes we’re making to address this

We’re going to be stepping up enforcement of non-toxicity to try to make sure we can cut it off before it has a chance to go out of control. In practical terms, this means that we’ve disabled @ElizaThePsycho’s ability to like posts, effective immediately. No other rules or rule enforcement changes are being made at this time.

What if I have questions?

If you have questions, please ask us! We don’t want players to get in trouble because they simply didn’t know where the rules were. We also don’t want people to worry that they could get in trouble for normal and acceptable behavior.

Please also reach out if you have feedback or criticism – you will never get in trouble simply for expressing concerns to us, but it’s hard for us to know there’s a problem unless someone tells us.

Edit: April Fools

22 Likes

thanks, satan

14 Likes

hey guys im a new player how do i like posts

11 Likes

thanks wittle wooser

3 Likes

This change has been approved by true american patriots

5 Likes

If I’m toxic in chat can I get rewards and prizes I think I deserve it

4 Likes

i have a question, if there were two guys on the

1 Like

I’m glad that the admins are punishing Eliza by removing her likes, for lying that her likes were removed

9 Likes

Fuck you. I’m going to spam furry memes in the discord until justice is served.

3 Likes

frick

2 Likes

OFFICIAL STATEMENT BY ELIZA’S ESTATE

this has left us SHOCKED and APPALLED that you didn’t ban her entirely

9 Likes

I appreciate the mods strong commitment to cracking down on toxicity. They are so on their A game that they even banned Eliza’s alts from liking posts.

3 Likes

may god have mercy on my soul

8 Likes

It’s for your. own. good.

2 Likes

has it
like actually

1 Like

I don’t know the answer I don’t follow shit

1 Like

Yes

It’s been especially severe as of late, we may need to take more measures to reduce non-toxicity

2 Likes

well, it depends on how you measure it

total reports have technically gone up but this is largely driven by a test of an automated detection system, which has many false positives (to be clear, this system is still deeply flawed, you all should report problematic posts)

but if you discount that, the subjective perception of toxicity on the site seems to have gone down (although it’s imho unclear how much of that was driven by cultural changes vs. certain players with toxicity issues playing less frequently)

5 Likes

wtf there goes a fourth of all my likes

3 Likes

automated system?
What

1 Like