Vampire The Masquerade SFM: Game Thread MAFIA VICTORY

Maybe with that attitude.

1 Like

Just something like this, the “oh yeah” moment. just strange to me.

sorry yall, they put me in the femur breaker

anyway time to carry town like i always do :yawning_face:
is there a way to iso people or do i have to go through 800 messages manually

1 Like

Yeah you can iso people. Click their avatar and then the filter button

D-Class were death row inmates for a reason.
As for utilising ISO tools, refer to this guide.

Summary

I was the only one to reference the official guide, by the book as I am.

1 Like

THANKS you’re so real for that

1 Like

Anytime! I hope you enjoy your first Mafia game (or so I believe) on the site, and that you find it accessible and convenient to manoeuvre.

1 Like

For the record, the reason I play like this:

You all know I can fake detailed explanations and Towny Sounding Thoughts. I struggle when it comes to giving realistic progression on partners. I can’t stop townreading them.

If I strip away the excess and just flat-out say what I mean, I am as transparent to read as possible. I say what I think. If those thoughts have 0% accuracy, you can murder me. I want to make it as easy as possible to demonstrate that they probably won’t.

1 Like

My goal in every towngame is to make my next wolfgame as difficult as possible. My goal in every wolfgame is to make my next towngame as difficult as possible.

2 Likes

This is a convincing viewpoint. I just have one question to ask, which will solidify my early-game consideration on your slot. It should also be seen as a fun mental exercise as well rather than a test, but I want to measure this transparency firsthand. I think it’s a good question.

If you were to solve your slot from an outside perspective, who would you say would be the most likely aligned player with this alternative May in evil worlds? Or can this not be readily determined?

If my partner was under fire, I would have found a reason to townread them. If my partner was not under fire, I would have ignored them. I probably would’ve placed them in my “reason to townread” list regardless unless trying really hard to break meta.

Jarek could easily be partnered, or anybody I put in “reason to townread” without explanation. Hazzy. Maybe you.

Wait, I haven’t mentioned why I like Jarek, I would’ve mentioned it if we were partnered. Not Jarek

Of course, if you were actually on the evil team, you likely wouldn’t call out any of your partners like that. You wouldn’t want such focus drawn onto them by associating themselves with you by name, even if you recognised the risk of neglecting them entirely.

But sure, I’ll accept the conservative self-read because I like the trend of setting oneself up for exponentially more difficult games, even if it doesn’t generally unfold that way. Let’s kill Abigail because the anti-claim necessitates it.

I honestly trust the claim of recharger

Rechargers can often upset game balance by granting powerful but limited roles, like desperados or alignment cops, usages after their time. This implies an alternate condition might be tethered to such an ability to reduce its power, or else that no other roles in the game are strictly impacted by it. Or in other words, it doesn’t necessarily make it a town role. As always, it comes down to social engineering.

1 Like

Or the game could simply not have such powerful limited roles

I’m townread because I’m just town it’s okay to admit it

Yeah I don’t doubt the recharger claim is in some way legitimate. It doesn’t exactly prove anything, though. It’s a decent enough role if you’re town but claiming it outright with stated anti-claim is not something I would expect someone who has the role to do.

It’s their role, they can do what they want. It’s just with the anti-claim mechanics and the actions surrounding their slot it’s hard to believe it’s fully the truth.