Vampire The Masquerade SFM: Game Thread MAFIA VICTORY

I can see you beginning to wolfread me. Stop it. I’m the towny

Correction: Gorta said he would focus on the flavour for his own enjoyment and really only contribute later in the game, and then what he did was address Abigail’s opening entrance with implied self-satisfaction. He’s the top poster, even.

1 Like

Wolves like to do what they say they’re gonna do. If they see an excuse to not contribute they like to not contribute

1 Like

I’ve purposefully exploited people’s assumptions around this to get easily townread by saying “I’m really busy I have to not post” and then posting but IDK that other people do that

Fair enough, I can recognise that you’re saying the truth but I do still find it weird that Gorta themselves was saying they’d focus on flavour moreso. Especially since contributing/solving later on is strictly worse since then conversions will muddy the waters a ton

1 Like

There’s scenarios where Gorta just saw an opportunity to push agenda on a wolfy town though. And did it. Because pushing agenda is a plus. But I feel like most wolves see that and go “well I said I’d only think about flavour and I don’t wanna be a liar”

I think I didn’t mind the anonymous conversion game so much but I dislike this nonymous conversion game because I feel like it’s gonna be based on reputation more than action

Connections
Puzzle #279
:green_square::green_square::green_square::green_square:
:yellow_square::yellow_square::yellow_square::yellow_square:
:blue_square::blue_square::blue_square::blue_square:
:purple_square::purple_square::purple_square::purple_square:

I tried to do them in reverse order but the colours of the categories were so weird

I don’t like the people discussing the conversion mechanics at this point in time. Feels like at least one of them is a wolf blending in there. It doesn’t get us anywhere to talk about it and the way some of them are talking about it almost feels like they know more than they’re letting on and are like “oh yeah town wouldn’t know about that”

2 Likes

Am I one of them :pleading:

Not particularly

Nyaaaaa no fair

Reason to townread: Gorta, Bionic, IcetFeelsPain, Jarek, PrincessAbigail, Nyagnus, Hazardwaste, Kiiruma, Leafia
No reason to townread: May, Wazza, Someone, Childe, Luka, Zone_Q11

1 Like

This is a null/not null list

1 Like

I’m gonna get out of bed for my weekend health and then I’m gonna go through and try to make some genuine town declarations

Rather than considering whether Gorta’s behaviour inherently comes from town or evil, I’d like to propose the sort of environment that seems to motivate him.

Consider that it’s a closed-setup conversion game. Historically speaking, Gorta has occasionally thrived as an uninformed villager (generally in conversion setups, funnily enough). In AI UPick, he chose Cultist as submission. I’m going to theorise that v!Gorta likes the idea of being converted, although there isn’t tangible evidence behind that.

Conversely, w!Gorta seems to fall flat sometimes, even when his teammates are doing well. Maybe his gameplay motivation scales up depending on his perception of his team’s play, and on how vital he believes himself to be? Nobody’s really pushing agenda, so…

For Jarek’s benefit, this doesn’t really account for the conversion itself so much as Gorta’s unsaid reactions around it. He’s stepped up somewhat, and he is not attempting to hide in the masses, considering his Abigail push. He has NOT been outspoken with paranoia about refreshing reads every single day as he has in past conversion games.

Gorta could be evil, I suppose, but I don’t really want to punish good play if he isn’t.

1 Like

This isn’t my name.

3 Likes

Not yet

This is a convert soft.

2 Likes

Meow meow meow meow meow