I don’t see any difference.

5 Likes

i do not think this is democracy

4 Likes

to be fair i’ve missed grey amber actually

i do wish there was less wasted space cuz i’m used to the newer themes but
it’s better than having light theme

1 Like

key phrase ‘all of the eligible members’ (emphasis added)

historically, democracies have frequently excluded many members of the population from voting, either implicitly or explicitly! like … look at women, or people of color, or poor people, or (in modern America) minors, prisoners, and (depending on jurisdiction) ex-felons

2 Likes

it’s a bit of a stretch to call this democratic when it’s a very small minority of people who get to provide the input rather than anything close to resembling a majority

We are hoping to expand the program into the future, but of course it will take time to get things up and running, so we’re starting relatively small.

do you think enough people will do this
i would recommend hosting a poll to see how many people would be interested

because the playerbase is already fairly small and i foresee this trimming it down significantly

1 Like

Considering that there for sure will be people willing to get 5 joycats…

That means there will be a limit of 10 to 50 people actually being able to play on this site.
Not to mention price being around… 1/3rd of minimum montly salary.

Which means… it does cut off a lot of underaged people, botth due to money requierment, as well as age requierment to buy Crypto.
Like… all most important sites require ID and biometric scans (and in case of my country law, also an offical bank reference letter).

I am not very convinced by that part, and hope it’s 1st april joke.

It is building way more walls than we had before.

4 Likes

Lets make a poll where only 5 NFT owners can vote :P

4 Likes

oh fuck
curious how they decided to do this on april 1st lol
how much of this is a joke lol

for some reason i completely forgot it was april fools even though i just read the MU announcement before this

Homer disappears into a hedge

6 Likes

We’re planning to use a guest pass system, which will help alleviate most of your concerns! More details will be in our whitepaper, feel free to provide further feedback once that has been released. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

No, thanks.

I will just buy 5 NFTs out of 6 released today and… vote to not have NFTs.

And since if I have 5, noone else can have 5, it will be abolished.
Easy.

4 Likes

Sorry if we gave off the wrong idea - all 50 are releasing at once, and they’ll only take effect on June 1st.

Also, with 6 staff members, each of whom has two votes, it was explicitly designed such that no single person can just take ownership of the site without any of the mods’ consent. We strongly believe in this approach going forward, but we aren’t exactly stupid either lol - we’re prepared for most things that could go horribly wrong or could end up hurting the community.

If I am to recomend something.

This NFT thing would make sense if you go deeper into it.
Lower price.
More avialble cats.

Collabs with other NFT communities, with some games they can join with ownership of theirs NFTs.

Staking NFTs.
Tho I assume staking exists, considering you write a whitepaper. (Just NFTs don’t really need it).

And I suggest making one joycat model with different traits, cause you will murder Trochi if you ask them to draw… 100+ joycats. lol. (50 is not enough)

4 Likes

I am personally strongly opposed to automatically-generated Joycats - Trochi’s work is unmatched by any modern computer-generated image, and we’d prefer quality over quantity, especially when that lets us have a smoother and more controlled rollout.

Your other ideas are all things we’re hoping to do in the future, although we need to have an actual launch before even attempting to collab with other communitites lol

1 Like