Word Match 4: Thesaurus Sadism Edition - "All According to Keikaku" Wins

Welcome to: VERY SIMPLE LOW-EFFORT WORD-MATCH MISC (With Partners) 4 (the BEST version)

Created by @Marshal. OP stolen from @marshal and @may via @Arete

Hosted by @pandora @Arctic and @Litten

How this works

• The game itself is pretty simple. 3 people are given different words to start. After you say your words, you all try to say another word that relates to all three of the words you just said at the same time. Then, you all try to say a word that relates to the three new words you said. Repeat this process until you all say the same thing.
  • Example round
Round Player 1 Word Player 2 Word Player 3 Word
1 Tree Cat Katze
2 Nature Moderators Moderators
3 Homosexuality Human Homosexuality
4 Chloe Chloe Chloe
  • These players were trying to say a word that relates to the three words they are given. In round 2, for example, Player 1 chose “nature” as trees and cats can be both found in nature, while Player 2 and 3 said “Moderators” because 2 FoL moderaters are commonly represented by trees and cats. In this match, this group would have won by round 4, all three saying “Chloe” as a word that relates to “Homosexuality” and “Human”, all finding this relation from Chloe being a human who commonly states her homosexuality through statements such as “i’m gay”.

How it will be adapted to forums

• You and your partners will be given a random word pair using https://randomwordgenerator.com. This is to prevent metagaming or the random words you choose being the same.
  • Instead of saying it at the same time, as that’s not feasible, you and your partners will all have a private message in which you will say and be given your words. You will all say a random word to give the original word group.
  • There will be multiple teams of 3 running/competing at the same time. After 72 hours, the pairings that took the largest number of rounds to get to their word will be eliminated. There will be a 1 hour processing break between rounds.
  • The number of teams eliminated each round will be calculated with the formula [number of teams remaining]/4, rounded to the nearest whole number. For example, if there are 13 teams left, the formula would be 13/4 = 3.25, rounded to 3, meaning the 3 worst-performing teams would be eliminated that round.
  • After every round, every team’s results will be posted in a table like the example one. In the case of ties, the winning team will be the one who had the most rounds with a partial match (2/3 matching words). If they were the same, then the partial count in the previous round. if there are not enough previous rounds to determine that, a special tiebreaker round will be held just for those teams to determine who remains.
  • We reserve the right to WotM out specific starting word combinations that would break the game in an un-fun manner.

Rules:

• Talking in thread to discuss the hilarious word parings will be allowed, but strategizing or trying to signal to your teammate will not be allowed. Speaking of this, Please don’t communicate in any way with your partner about your choices in ongoing rounds. Even jokingly. That ruins the spirit of the game.
  • You can not attempt to game the system in any way by going against the spirit of the game or the rules by trying to metagame by repeating words or keeping some kind of pattern across rounds (such as saying numbers every round and then making your next word always the next highest number). Any attempts to go against the spirit of the game will be banned and we will make you submit a new word. If we rule you have to resubmit because it’s in some way meta-gamey, the ruling is final and I won’t take arguments. Please don’t try to bend the rules to your advantage, just don’t. We reserve the right to flat-out remove you from the game if you do.
  • Sadism is the state of leaving a partial match. the total Sadism count will be updated at the end of the round.

To Join:

/in with up to two partners or by yourself. If it’s with a partner, they must confirm. If it’s by yourself, we’ll put you in “looking for partner”. If at the end there are multiple people in “looking for partner” who want to play but haven’t chosen, they’ll be RNG’d together. There is no cap on players/teams this game.

Sign-ups will be open until 2024-03-04T23:00:00Z. The game will start on 2024-03-05T01:00:00Z.

Teams

1. @Marshal @sulit and @Chloe - The Chloe, Marshal, Sulit team featuring Sulit, Chloe, and Marshal, of Marshal → sulit → Chloe fame
  2. @katze @Arete and @Lumi - joy_nerds
  3. @YoubutWorse @ElizaThePsycho and @Marluxion - Bricking on turn 2
  4. @IcetFeelsPain @Luka and @Leafia
  5. @Marluna @benguinedparbecue and @Bionic
  6. @Squirrel2412 @beancat and @Ash
  7. @Silviu200530 @tutuu and @Garfooled - All According to Keikaku
  8. @Sadbi @bystander and @nutella
  9. @Ren @Myrddin and @Gamina
  10. @Keldi @Whysper and @N.1 - Whispers from the Abyss
  11. @May @Hazardwaste @Magnus - 2 Idiots

Looking for Partner

1. @thepigeonnyc

Backup

Milestones

Milestones

Round 1 Start

Round 1 Results

Round 2 Start

Round 2 Results

Round 3 Start

Team Disqualified

Round 3 Results

Round 4 Start

original post. thx for letting me use ur post arete ur so kind

/in with @katze and @Lumi as joy_nerds

why am i a word help

(also im playing with aret and loomy)

1 Like

/in with pandora and litten

3 Likes

I did not consult with my teammates on this name, I just assigned it to them

marshal → sulit → chloe

3 Likes

/in with @Chloe and @sulit

3 Likes

i agree
good plan

pog

Does anyone want to be in my team

this time will we get ejected for being in opposing timezones

per the OP, phases are longer, but on the other hand you have three people

oh god

/in with my best friends in the whole world, @Asher and @Nyarchmage

8 Likes

/in (looking for partner)

/in
Don’t care who I’m with, as long as I get pinged for input on the team name. Also finals week is next week but I’m signing up anyways because my sanity is rapidly eroding

i would if i wasn’t hosting :pleading_face:

1 Like

/looking for partner

1 Like

Me me