Worst Role Tournament Discussion Thread

oh suddenly i understand

what??? okay assuming the host isn’t a fucking idiot the role’s sick, it doesn’t deserve to win the first round

1 Like

Wait might be the wrong thing

1 Like

Yeah it was another one

i mean, arguably if one faction is nearly lost, with like, just one person left, you’re incentivised to tell the other faction who they are right before you die in your daychat, if that’s predictable, since that maximally prevents crosskills. it’s not perfect but in concept it’s interesting and not fundamentally broken, so it absolutely should not survive the worst role tournament

also i will commit a homicide of VT makes it past a single round

2 Likes

i think the double role is stupid risky design but unkillable survivor is absolutely awful and deserves to be burned at the stake

1 Like

(my experience with multiple wincons on wolves is biased by that one time i was a mafia-aligned survivor)

(this did not mean i was a mafia member who had to survive to win it meant i was a survivor who was also in mafia chat and had a mafia wincon)

2 Likes

yeah i’ll be real i feel bad voting for unkillable survivor because its heavily bracket-dependent whether there is anything it can lose to and i don’t want geyde to have to run that

1 Like

but then i remembered that the point of this game is to increase the amount of evil in the world, not decrease it, and i went “okay”

1 Like

neutral unkillable survivor is just deviant 2

2 Likes

okay but see the difference is that deviant is actually funny

1 Like

neutral unkillable survivor but it’s randed to a random uninformed spectator

that’s legitimately the only way i see the role being remotely playable

1 Like

assigned shitposter by rand

4 Likes

asab

1 Like

imo ‘scum roles that can reasonably literally just out their teammates’ are usually going to be problematic

in this particular game the optimal play for that role is plausibly to just out all of one evil faction to the evil faction with better wolves which is not really very fun for the first faction

Uh, hi. That was my role. I made that. Like, I maaade that.

i said “setup-depending” for a reason; i would argue that this is the Worst Role Tournament not the Worst Role In The Context Of The Setup In Which It Was Run Tournament, since any role can be terrible in that specific setup

1 Like

if there is a circumstance in which that exact role can be actively good and not like, just fine, it’s absolutely not the Worst Role, and I won’t vote for it

1 Like

So is this the Worst Role tournament or the Worst Role tournament?

1 Like

Revenant

drops mic