Chair of Deception- Game Thread (4/17) - Game Over! Unshackled, Trickster, and the Decadent King win

i have awoken

jarek claimed spy, and you guys STILL voted him up for king? wtf lmao

Can confirm

If the election hadn’t already ended (lol) I’d be pushing for you to be king rn prob ngl

1 Like

am i the only one who thinks thats objectively bad to do (and worse that he claimed spy and WANTED to be king?)

1 Like

Yes? Why would you not vote a trusted person who’s basically dead otherwise?

wh
what

I’m having a really hard time understanding where any of this comes from

There’s also this:

The problem here is they just… assume Jarek is scum, without evaluating much else.
Yes there are some suspicious parts about Jarek’s behavior over the past two days, but jumping directly from there to luminary is absurd. They don’t even get the claim right - Jarek tracked Kiiruma to me, not watch me.

Sure, Jarek gained towncred for this - regardless of their intention, that’s what happened. But mechclearing, or at least putting a mechanical townlean on, two very PoE slots is an extremely valuable information that we will no longer have further access to once they become king. Regardless of Jarek’s alignment, they put a green lean on both Kiiruma and myself, which is almost always +EV for town if I am indeed correct on Kiiruma’s intentions. Capy ignores all this and just calls for everyone to stop claiming; claiming is almost always beneficial in most high-power open games, as we can catch people have contradicting information.

Putting all this together, I believe that Capy was and is working hard to discredit Jarek as a king, without necessarily considering Jarek’s actions; I am not yet confident in Jarek, but see little reason to have this coordinated an attack on them this early.

As such,

/vote Capybara @Host_Account_1

It’s not great that they claimed, you are right there without a doubt.
But once they did we basically had to vote em

We already have 2 dead protectives, the odds are we do not have much more.
And the odds are if we have any, they’d be on the Marquess.
So Spy!Jarek is just ded if not Lord

claimed spy then townleaned two people
i can see why they thought that action would be more beneficial than them staying silent

1 Like

uhh, because kinging an investigative is literally a terrible idea??? eli was literally possibly greenchecked by the prince…he wouldve been a better king target

this just deepens my point

the fact that jarek claimed to be spy and stepped so literally nobody else had any chance besides him to be kinged should be stared at under a microscope. i actually dont like that one bit,

1 Like

I’m absolutely biased but I’ll take any sort of clear.
Such as being seen on you lol

i dont get how this ever equals outing

Eli… is a possibility lul
Maybe they have a powerful enough role that they didnt want to push for themselves to be king :man_shrugging:

but I dont see a how a spy (a tracker/2shot watcher) would be more useful than they currently are; i recall someone advising me that checks from a tracker/watcher should be revealed as it’s unlikely they will get another check

1 Like

I believe kinging Jarek was the best mechanical play we could’ve made, from the information we have right now.

If it isnt… well y’all now see why I try to stay silent :P

I apologize if I’m being too verbose right now, currently in an English class so practicing how to extend out my sentences

1 Like

Imagine making mechanical plays off of something that is 100% not guaranteed

question
would you have liked to become king

do not claim if you haven’t

just yes/no plz

I’ve claimed this
It’s a no
I suppose I’d be better than Jarek, but…

1 Like

are we gonna king jarek, and than kill them the same day

thats a based move but im for it tbh

5 Likes