Baldur's Gate 3 uPick - Day 4 [8/13] - The Party Wins

Or Frostwolf following the keyholder: do they visit the keyholder? is it a self target? its not written down and probably should’ve been written down somewhere because its relevant to kiiruma’s reflexive doctor

1 Like

yes, anticlaim is an example of one where hosts need to make a decision too whether or not a certain post falls within ‘softing’ criteria etc. (like we did with Eskcanta’s post)

1 Like

right. its still mafia games. i just personally count all of these (mashes too) like a funzie type of games. like is hotdog a sandwich type of stuff. pure mafia for me is like. if its possible to be completely automated after starting. not that it matters though this doesnt mean anything hahah. i just see it as a “mafia game” just with a different flavor

host decisions do sometimes occur in mafia, and anticlaim is a widely accepted example of where its appropriate, and Mizora tried to push the boundaries of what was acceptable to somewhere like ridiculous but thats fine because she was a one of a kind that’s never going to appear again. its not like she’s just been added to some popular semi-open and has changed mafia forever

3 Likes

Town swept

half of the days ended up in town death silly gold fish

1 Like

Brb suggesting Mizora to Town of Salem 2

4 Likes

@orangeandblack5 Please read my magnum opus - Mizora, Cambion of Zariel’s rolecard. She’s hot, ridiculous, contentious and scandalous. Everything you need in a rolecard.

2 Likes

You’re so real for this

still dodging BG3 spoilers so no

1 Like
1 Like

Blue's Clues

1 Like

Have you not played the game yet? Yikers.

when did it launch again? and might I have been doing something far more important than video games at that time?

1 Like

My apologies. I completely forgot about the international My Little Pony convention that coincided with the launch of Baldur’s Gate 3. How silly of me - of course you’d have received an exclusive invitation.

6 Likes

LMAO

I certainly hope you didn’t pay too much for that Rainbow Dash fursuit you showed us earlier. That must’ve broke your bank.

5 Likes

I still don’t get it to be honest.

However, if it is the specific case of “should the players’ feelings have weight when making a setup”, then my answer would be: “Sometimes for individuals, and yes for the masses.”

I am more of a designer than a player, and I have been on this site for years. I know FoL’ers don’t like Jesters, so I avoid using Jesters. I know some (if not all) FoL’ers consider any dead interaction as bastard (which to this day I still find nonsensical), so I always mention it if I were to use dead interaction. This is what I meant by “I listen to the masses.”

There was once a player. (Guillo? Memesky? Whichever it is, they got banned.) Said player complained about how I host. Something about skipping time, messing up their schedule. Do I change my way of hosting? I try to make considerations every now and then, but in general I believe I have not changed. I did not listen to this one player.

I once hosted April Showers Overhaul. I am not a good host like you, so I don’t frequently ask for feedback post-game. However for that one game, I asked some players what they thought of that game. One of the players said they didn’t like the RNG aspect of one of the roles. Henceforth I tried to avoid chance-based roles and I started thinking about the players’ agency, giving them at least one active ability instead of only passive abilities. I did listen to at least one of these players.

TL;DR take account of what the majority wants. Even if your setup passes review, it shall be for naught if nobody plays it. As for the individuals: Whether you want to listen to them or not is up to you. You can choose to listen to all, some, or none. It’s your choice.

4 Likes

Nah it was originally my EmSec prof’s

4 Likes

Mmn… I don’t think of these whenever I start making my setups. Usually it’s either (1) putting interesting roles into a blender, (2) improving pre-existing setups, (3) making roles based on one or two themes. The last one is the most difficult one IMO, since it involves me genuinely taking consideration for all roles. There is also (4) deconstructing the mess I made at (1) and turning it into (3), which is even more work than (3) alone.

As for stuff like power levels and agency… I usually think of those in the middle? After putting the roles together and looking back at what I have made. This oftentimes also occur whenever I sent my setup for review. Sometimes… it even happens very late. (Re-review once I have forgotten about the review.)

2 Likes