Binary Stars Hydra JoaT10 - Town wins!

No worries. I agree with you anyway.

I’d say Boston is paired with Orochi (because I have a very tiny grudge on Orochi), but the latter is less defending the former, and more curious towards the status quo, so I’ll hold back on them.

Boston is a scumread of mine because of one dumb reasoning: “They scumread me (or rather, this hydra) first. Therefore, they die first.”

- Zone

I say NGM/SS are not W/W. There’s no way one scum hydra supports early hammer for personal reasons while the other agrees with it. (Unless it’s a joke, but this is a terrible joke if it is one.)

- Zone

Why does this make me want to town read you…

Why did i actually force myself to read this even though it was annoying

Unanswerable questions of the universe

• Neyom

Would you try to pocket Achro as scum?

I don’t really think this post is doing that necessarily just asking for a friend or something

• Neyom

I want fun Cream…

That sounds bad

Uhhh anyways

• Neyom

Sounds like a joke I’d make

I see I’m alone in thread like always. This is sad.

• Neyom

Hi! I’m Psyx from NUF (along with Zone & my hydramate Cream).

Intro

I’ve played 2.2 games here in FOL (mash where I subbed out D1 as a wolf iirc, Cop 13’er as wolf, and Osie’s 18th Circle of Hell in a 4 headed-hydra w/ Lissi/Cream/Joker as…you got it, a wolf again lmao). I was somewhat dreading the rand this time, but apparently Cream rands town a lot so yay~

Being a wolf is a lot less fun because all my wolfbuddies die sooner than me, I’ve only won 1 game as wolf in my entire mafia history, and you have to fake reads! Solving is the best part of mafia imo.

Btw, I usually rely on meta/tone/initiative reads on NUF, but considering this is another site and I only recognize less than 5 names (from a game more than a year ago), my plan for D1 is to make individual hydra head tone reads and compare with Cream for our consensus read on the slot, and take down notes for each hydra’s distinguishable feature (playstyle-wise).

If you wanna learn more about my wolf meta, you can check out my most recent game here. Summary: wolf!Psyx replicates around 75% of her towngame, pockets town while being pocketed in turn, unknowingly hammers last wolfbuddy and drags the game to a draw.

I got the opposite read from yours. I have a bad memory, but I am fairly certain that Derps being unreliable is normal. I’d say it’s about as normal as Orochi-Cream’s opening post.
Meanwhile I am very uncomfortable with Squid’s vote on this hydra, pushing it to L-2 because they want an early hammer when at least four other hydras have yet to say anything. I am also wary of NGM because of this, but I find it highly unlikely that both scum hydras would support early hammer.

- Zone

Thoughts for now (@Cream I wanna avoid wallposting, but alas lol), currently @ post #93:

• Monochromatic - Post #9: wondering if Achro genuinely thinks asking this is a good idea (role-related answers being helpful to wolves and all) and they can’t come up with anything else ‘to get the ball rolling’, or it’s a reaction test. Also, not gonna comment on the vig/track plan but…is there a particular need to “put numbers in odds instead of evens” or is this just personal preference? Posts #63 & #64 (reads on AerieRaffles & BostonFlours, and the “The problem is i am a fickle bitch” + “Well thats unlikely even for me But could you imagine” comments) feels like genuine thoughts (so tonally town).

• BostonFlours - their Monochromatic read is…something. More specifically, them noting the gramatical errors (ie counting that there’s fifteen of them) and reading “overly-handed projection of confidence” from the post when all I see is rolefishing. Can’t tell if these are legit points or a joke (ie predominantly leaning on the “wolf!Achro tends to make gimmicky openers” meta read). Them pointing out wolf!Achro’s weird gimmick opener vs town!Achro’s good read openers and then following with a vote makes me think BostonFlours is not doing wolf theatre with Monochromatic, at least. Post #80 (response to Mono)… @anyone who has wolfed together w/ May or Achro: is either of them the type to plan out wolf theatre before D1? I wanna say post #80 feels genuine but I wanna cover my bases.

• AerieRaffles - Raffle’s behavior towards Mono: responding to the rolefishing opener, hating BostonFlour’s wolfread on Mono since the typos are NAI, and then voting Mono for their terrance vote (Mono’s reason: terrance noting SOD is slow instead of responding to the rolefishing question). Considering Mono made 2 GTH-ish (quick/unexplained) townreads on AerieRaffles & Squidsisters, their terrance vote seems…on-brand(?). Raffles seems to be a trigger-happy or impulsive voter.

What do you think about Boston & Aeries’ behavior/treatment towards Mono’s slot?

Would you consider your opener here as a “scum opening post” (if someone else asked it) or NAI?

Excuse me? You egged Cream into choosing “Orochimeowru” over “Meowfia Bros” so I should have a grudge on you.

omanyte noises

1 Like

How did #126 change your opinion on Mono from “I don’t think mono is scum for what it’s worth” to voting them (since Mono was already voting Boston when you made that initial read)?

Then…why vote?

1 Like

Wait, which part seems wolf mentality (“more focused on looking town”) to you?

• Aerie saying Achro is playing differently from all his games I’ve seen, but not wanting to hammer because some people haven’t talked yet (#169)
  • Aerie saying they will vote Mono (their wolfread) early if everyone else seems town to them (#203)

squints

I like Cream’s entrance fluff wallposts tho! (Esp knowing that she also solves properly later on) They’re funny. xD

o7 I hope they make more game-relevant posts (and if not…see how everybody else treats their slot?)

:wink: