Bland & Flavorless Mountainous 15er - Mafia Winnered

who

friend of mayā€™s acquaintance of mine

2 Likes

not @Kanave
got it

I havenā€™t failed to ā€œimpossibleā€ all six games Iā€™ve played on this site, so Iā€™d say thatā€™s not the word in the sentence I have the most trouble with.

well you know what they say

1 Like

Iā€™m not sure I do, could you remind me?

Mayā€™s lost every game on this site, right?

2 Likes

Yep!

1 Like

all toasters toast toast

1 Like

All toasters toast toasters toast toasters toast toasters toast toasters-

2 Likes

Arctic coached

tempting tbh

1 Like

Ah makes sense

Hey @Arctic you said you want to help me right?

Could I perhaps grab the posts I felt made Arete, Lemon and May obvious town the time it did and try and explain them to you.

And try pretending your town trying to figure out their slot.

1 Like

iā€™ll forgive you for calling me an anime girl

1 Like

anyways uh I see some discussion of like

confbias and reevaluating and Believing True Things

so I thought I would share some things that Iā€™ve personally found helpful (not just in mafia! lots of these have real life applications) (although given my reads this game they might not actually be Good Ideas?)

• Try to separate what you want to be true from what you actually believe is true. Itā€™s really, really easy to think to yourself, ā€˜well, if it turns out Iā€™m wrong on X, Iā€™ll (feel really bad/look stupid/be perceived as a bad player/etc.)ā€™ and to therefore reason from there into finding arguments that actually you were write all along. Notice when you are doing this, and then stop doing it.
  • Make advance predictions about what will happen in different worlds. Itā€™s really easy, once something has already happened, to come up with a narrative for how it fits with what you already believed. If you force yourself to predict whatā€™s going to happen (e.g. who will be nightkilled, what someone will do at SoD, etc.) before it happens, you can avoid that.
  • Track your beliefs honestly, so that you know where you went wrong. Itā€™s easy to say after the fact that you werenā€™t really so confident in someone being town/scum, that you were actually doubting all along, etc., or to look only at the favorable times of a read that you flip-flopped on. Try to (at least privately) keep track of your True Beliefs, so that you can figure out how accurate they are and canā€™t just lie to yourself ā€“ that way, youā€™ll have a better sense of where you need to improve.
4 Likes

I do that all the time.
Iā€™m a world builder.

I kinda get it.
Even if your are right if you didnā€™t provide good enough reason to where you would feel bad if they flipped town you shouldnā€™t be pushing it yet.

Not sure about this one applying to me here.
Like I did truly believe you were pushing on me poorly (I was obviously mistaken) and I didnā€™t like the fact you came out of nowhere and voted Magnus who was already a wagon and then go into a day with an already set change of read on Eliza to me felt wolfy, maybe not to others but it felt wolfy to me.
However it was your last EoD and how you handled it that IMO spewed you town.

HOWEVER, you could say my Prisma read was really bad and faulty and was based way too much on association rather then a solo evaluation on the slot itself.

Actually wait I need to correct that.

I didnā€™t like how you went and jumped to accuse Magnus.

You didnā€™t vote them until I told you to cause I was testing to see if you would actually do it or not.

ā€¦the flip side of this is that when the predictions implied by your current beliefs donā€™t come true, it suggests that your model of the world is wrong somewhere

an example of where you could have applied this is after night 3, when you were expecting you would die, but instead Vulgard died. rather than considering that maybe the reason your prediction had been wrong was because your worldview was wrong, you continued pushing the same incorrect worldview.

yes