BotF XVII: U-Pick Your Poison - D6 - Lil Monsta (And the Evil Team) Wins!

Thanks. Hosts gave me this secret information that one game where I was a wolf

1 Like

Using ## is

PROFESSIONAL

4 Likes

Messing up formatting and having to edit your message is

AMATEURISH

3 Likes

Anyway, could you explain this pls

I can itā€™ll just be a moment hold on

Also you probably shouldnā€™t vote execute on CRichardā€™s nomination at this point in time LMAO itā€™s a pressure vote and apparently that castle was made of sand so Iā€™ve gotten the information I need from it

that doesnt make it wrong
he claimed mez-turned math :wowee:

Like even if Crichard was currently holding the Baybe Iā€™d still advocate for Zone to be executed, because like I just donā€™t believe CRich is evil right now yes this pocket feels comfy and Iā€™m like that one meme with all the people behind the couch except itā€™s just Zone and CRich behind with me on it send tweet

professionals have STANDARDS

Standards are

Professional

4 Likes

DaThings have ruined meem

2 Likes

Wait I may be realizing that there was a major error in the timing regarding the possibility of ā€œBamboozledā€ being the Mezepheles word in particular. Fuck

He, uh, Didnā€™t say that until D2. He didnā€™t say it until D2. Listen. Iā€™m a very confident person and I will push the theories that I believe are true

Itā€™s still possible, but that means that Zone was not technically converted when he made that Minion guessā€¦ I know I had things very thoroughly sketched out when I first made the theory, but it was made by a very sleepy me whose memories didnā€™t perfectly carry over outside that context. I donā€™t think itā€™s impossible, and I donā€™t see anything else that could be Mezepheles content.

Hereā€™s the post I was typing up when I realized this -

So, the very basic explanation is that I believe the following:

Zone said the Mezepheles word in public, as he never whispered the Storytellers. There is only one major candidate for the Mezepheles word I can find in his ISO from D1, and thatā€™s when he said that I ā€œbamboozledā€ him in the chat we had, something which I did not do.

Looking back through his whispers, I can find that he whispered several people beforehand:

• Crazynuto (at the very beginning of the day; believed to be Evil Twin)
  • YBW (his neighbour, but YBW didnā€™t whisper anyone before Zone said the word, and her other neighbour is me)
  • Jake (Bellatrix burned the Damsel guess on them; very unlikely)
  • Caspore (executed D1, couldnā€™t have turned him that night)
  • CRichard (last remaining candidate)

Zone initiates a whisper with him here. Extremely sus phrasing, which makes me narrow my eyes at if there was some pre-arrangement with Nuto and YBW here, but I donā€™t know quite how pre-game communication between evils happens and if Nuto wouldā€™ve even known Richardā€™s Mez in a monsuta lili game, so Iā€™ll let is slide.

CRichard accepts at 6:04 AM my time.

He comes back at 7:04 AM my time, so a bit of a long whisper, wasnā€™t it? Thatā€™s not important to my case, but hey.

(And then I realized that the day ends after this, and he doesnā€™t say ā€œBamboozledā€ until D2)

Anyway, by the whispers, Zone only talked to Nuto, YBW, Jake, Caspore, CRichard on D1. Thereā€™s worlds where Nuto is the real Mezepheles, but that requires Atlas to be doing evil shit, and I find the evil-twin-cult-leader explanation for this leadoff-post whisper by Nuto:

To be very compelling, socially. Itā€™s possible this is communication between evil partners, but likeā€¦ why? So obvious. And I think someone said something earlier that kinda disproved Atlas/Nuto??? Remind me if thatā€™s true

For the record Zone says nothing after his whisper with CRichard so like. Not possible for it to be some other word that he said D1

Also FTR the fact that the Bamboozled theory has a bit of a hole in it (not a completely destructive one, as dead people can still be converted, but Zone making a sacrifice play for an alignment he isnā€™t sure he has yet is a bit weird, meaning itā€™s an additional leap of plausibility that you have to make to accept it) means that I am looking into alternatives, butā€¦ nearly every alternative requires that the double-Damsel guess and ensuing cult claim be a longer-term setup for something, and itā€™s so hard for me to build a world where evils genuinely believe thatā€™s their best foot forward.

I can imagine doing something suboptimal as a simple, impulse decision with potential immediate rewards, as guessing Jake Damsel was. I cannot imagine going ā€œwell this outs us as evil, has no immediate benefit, but it potentially sends the person I claimed evil to accuse of being Damsel deepwolf, something that will be immediately questioned as soon as they survive to F3ā€, and I especially canā€™t imagine that in a game where evils canā€™t directly talk to each other.

Like, socially, if any of you are doing that, uh, Iā€™ll send you a trophy about it. I will go online to a website where you can purchase custom trophies, put some bullshit on it, and mail it to your house. I should check how much these cost before I make this promise, but what can I say, Iā€™m a reckless person. I will do it

2 Likes

biggest hole I can see is that zone can just say the mez word in a whisper with the mez :wowee:

1 Like

Wait he can. I thought the rules were that it has to be public or with the Storytellers because IRL the Storytellers wouldnā€™t hear you if you whispered it to the Mezepheles

@Jarek Can you say the Mezepheles word in a whisper without the Storytellers ā€œofficially publicly declared to be in itā€ or nah

well see typically the STs are in every whisper chat so uhm

1 Like