Danganronpa: ReWorked or thread how to better improve the DR games in general.

you’re playing the game, and then all of a sudden someone just decides that, actually, your character has to go here to do this, right now, no you don’t get a choice, we want to make things cool. what do you mean this is frustrating and that you’d much rather be doing the thing you were already invested in? never mind that adding a system that rigid to a game that already has a problem with rigidity and inability to adapt to circumstances is a very bad idea

to be clear, methods of directing people towards certain locations are absolutely something we’re planning! it’s just we’re not doing something as terribly rigid as that

Oh, I don’t think you get it. I’m not saying anyone necessarily has to.
Let’s say there’s a party event. A few people would obviously consider visiting, y’know.

that’s… already something you can do. people have organised parties before.

the crucial thing is that unlike with the Event system, those events can be entirely innocent- people can just unintentionally create scenarios that help with murder

they don’t have to but if you don’t go you die to the deadly neurotoxin

the problem is rigidity- to a game like DR, excessive rgidity is death, because it doesn’t allow the blackeneds the purchase in the game’s systems to get creative and come up with plans that have a strong chance of succeeding

If it’s just arranged between players, how is everyone else meant to find out about it?

because people will… tell people about it. players can talk to other players so long as they’re in the same room as each other. if you want to organise an event, you can just do that by talking to people and convincing them to join the event. it can have sinister, innocent, or entirely neutral motives.

It would suck if you ran out of AP before you could talk to everyone because they’re crawling through dungeons and hidden rooms.

i mean, yeah, but like, we’re making the map way smaller to make finding people far less of an issue than it was in previous games where the map tended to balloon in size to the point of unusability unless everyone grouped up

1 Like

Huh? As the host, you can confirm it won’t be a problem finding people as the player count dwindles and the map continuously expands? If that’s what you’re saying, I’ll trust your word and drop the issue.

well you see, we’re not doing the “map continually expands” thing this time, instead doing [redacted] in which new rooms are added and other rooms are [redacted]

Ooh, I gotcha. I see what you’re saying. The map won’t shrink though, right?

no! the map will instead function in… more interesting ways, largely taken from immersive sim games (think Bioshock, or Prey (2017))

I’ll need to take a look at those games sometime in the next few months, before the game starts.

So basically
It’ll adapt and change

anyway i am now going to stop posting in this thread, for real this time- i’ve had more than 40% of the replies and quite frankly this thread was not intended for me to blabber on and on. i hope you all have a wonderful day! i mean, optionally you could not, but i don’t reccomend it.

3 Likes

I’ve somehow got 23% of the replies and I haven’t spoken too much, so it’s fine. There just aren’t too many posts yet, it seems.

1 Like

In before Windward starts posting in this thread.

1 Like

Yeah it’s weird seeing you as one of the top posters in a thread.