Death Craft - Interest check.

i’d call you insane and underestimating literally everyone’s basic intellectual ability if you said this anywhere else

4 Likes

is there anything stopping people from killing anyone else they see

1 Like

what if you say it was a sick FPS

1 Like

alright my actual take on this is –

cool on paper, but i think in practice will be pretty bad

being at a massive disadvantage for stuff like having a worse computer or being an mlg pro minecrafter ala @sulit is kind of a rough start, and while you could say “well differing levels of skill adds immersion” that kinda still feels iffy? and is what stats are for, i think? mayhaps the solution to that would be generally overhauling the stats so stuff like strength isn’t a binary stat but is instead the ability of the player (which imo already problems at a cursory glance so probably is more flawed if actual thought was put into that)

not being possible to interact with unless you’re On The Server is something i think has more downsides than not, it also makes the game ~unplayable outside of on a desktop/laptop (unless you do bedrock i guess, but i’ll get to that) but generally gives a massive advantage to either incredibly active players or incredibly inactive players; because inactives would become nigh unkillable and active players would just be more geared. i don’t actually think there’s a real solution to that, because if you massively limit the resources available to the players then it just means the active players will be less geared in comparison to a fully open world but will instead monopolize a higher percentage of resources

also minecraft is flexible in some aspects but just significantly more limiting in others. not too sure if the fluidity in combat/mobility/strategy/etc makes up for the downsides

small tangent that is probably irrelevant

my first thought after typing that was like… what is a more flexible game this could work in?

of course, the first game that came to mind was the critically acclaimed mmorpg final fantasy 14? the game has an expanded free trial, so players could play the entirety of a realm reborn and the award winning heavensward expansion up to level 60 unrestricted

the way i currently see it is that a lot of those above issues are teeechnically solvable with some programming and shit, but like. at that point i’m not sure if the effort is even worth the product tho

could feasibly be ran as an experiment. server settings might alleviate some of my concerns, so could having a set of rules – but i think at a conceptual level there are flaws that run too deep into the core idea to make it work well. maybe straying towards making it a more cooperative experience could work? but even that has problems. i feel like every idea i think of comes with some costs

… now with all of that said i think it’d still probably be fun? id maybe even play it tbqfh

i just don’t think it’d be good nor would it be feasible to really try to run more than once

7 Likes

also lets be honest half of the players are going to die to creepers

5 Likes

it’s not my fault that every creeper in a 7 mile radius magnetizes to me the instant i press the buttons “alt” and “tab”

3 Likes

I think you are hosting this in the wrong place

2 Likes

Leafia digs straight down 10 minutes after spawning in and dies to lava

7 Likes

Are you able to enable cracked mode? (those who pirated the game) :joy:

Time to tell everyone I m neutral when truly I m lawful good

I told lili about death city and we kept laughimg each time you went :crab: person died :crab:

The golden rule in all death games is also the most commonly broken rule XD

1 Like

no offence but that was kinda like going into a free candy van

1 Like

Oh cool Minecraft being used for Death City.

1 Like

Yeah that made Apprentice a 1 man army and well that isn’t too fun for everyone else.

1 Like

The confrontation between app and night was actually sad. Best RP value

She never stood a chance vs Apprentice.

1 Like
  1. They’d fight back, so randomly attacking everyone you see is a fairly risky play.
  2. Good-aligned players will have goals that discourage nonsensical bloodshed and they’re in the majority, so doing this will cause everyone else to gang up on you.
1 Like

Marshal tried killing everyone, and that earned her a 1 way trip to DVC thanks to Whysper.

1 Like

I don’t think that PC quality will make that much of a difference, though? It’s not like you end a top-of-the-line PC to run Minecraft.

Making the server accessible only at pre-determined times would work. Like setting aside n hours a day that everyone or most of everyone agrees to. Would allow long-ish games without rewarding no-lifers.