Don't Starve - Anonymous TOWN VICTORY!

Final Day 6 Votecount

Wigfrid (3): Wanda, Wickerbottom, Wortox

Not Voting (2): Wigfrid, Webber

@Wigfrid has been killed by Execution. They have become a spooky ghost!

They were...

The Player, Vanilla Town
Screenshot 2024-02-09 211348
Abilities: You have none, only your voice and ability to vote.
Win Condition: You win when all threats to the Town have been eliminated.

Night 6 begins, Day 7 starts 2024-04-03T20:00:00Z.

Nightskip is available.

Ping

@Wanda was killed by the mafia! They became a spooky ghost!

They were...

The Player, Vanilla Town
Screenshot 2024-02-09 211348
Abilities: You have none, only your voice and ability to vote.
Win Condition: You win when all threats to the Town have been eliminated.

Day 7 begins. Votes are locked.

This topic was automatically opened after 9 minutes.

Firstly, that instant hammer was messed up. Even if Wigfrid flipped red and the game ended, it would still be messed up because you all gave them zero opportunity to defend themselves whatsoever. I discouraged an early hammer on Warly for much that same reason, it just doesn’t feel fun to be on the receiving end of, no matter your alignment. Please do not encourage early hammers again in the present nor future.

When prompted to form a judgment call on anybody in the game by Wormwood, Woodie instinctively pulled Wortox’s name out of thin air with a fairly loose reason to suspect them. Rather than being a sign of undue focus as I would have previously considered, Woodie literally just returned to the start of the thread and named the first person they saw (despite having formerly read the thread). Wortox never pointed towards this incident as evidence against their partnership, and I find it less intuitive to consider a scenario in which Woodie would intend to specify a partner for no reason against just naming the literal first player to cross their page.

Here is the caveat to that line of reasoning:

This outright contradicts Woodie’s above statement, revealing an inconsistent outlook on Wortox’s slot at a time period when the latter was the leading wagon. This logic was principally used as an excuse to vote Wortox, and it wasn’t a substantiated bus either, but the way it’s conveyed here feels tacked on. A way in which to vote Wortox without any degree of ceremony, in a sense more often aligned with sheeping than bussing since there’s no credit to gain from this vote.

Two days ago, Wicker outright proposed forming a thunderdome between themselves and whomever else was nominated for execution the following day. This decision was boldly objected to by both myself and Wortox, and yet Wicker maintained the pledge until the end of the fifth day.

Which considering that Wicker immediately proceeded to not only vote Wigfrid immediately on the sixth day, but also actively supported Wortox to cast an instant hammer, causes it to sound unreasonably performative in hindsight.

Wicker’s reasoning to accuse Wigfrid and flip a townread on Warly weren’t substantiated ahead of time, nor was the slowly descending Wurt on their readlist as Wortox proposed voting them out repeatedly.

There’s a stark difference between your reactions to WX’s readlist, where Wortox just brashly attacked it with the same vigor as all their previous defences; whereas the latter explicitly made a point to inoffensively evade questioning the topic.

I’ve flipped my perspective.

I’ll be honest, I’m annoyed at myself for quickhammering Wigfrid, especially when yesterday I’d even said that I ‘would vote but wanted to know if people wanted to talk first’ and then my dumb ass just casually went with it thinking game would be over and that it’s what Wicker and Wanda wanted with the snapvotes.

I just think it feels bad. The only quickhammers I’ve seen which have felt fulfilling were those where an evil player had already lived past their due multiple times and town finally got themselves together.

1 Like

I sometimes enjoy it and I’ve been in games where the town quickhammer or snapvote feels super cool.
Snapvotes being in MyLo/LyLo and all

But honestly I can see it from your perspective too so all I can do is say sorry for my part in that. Idk which of you and Wicker is town, but I let you down by quickhammering and preventing discussion, as it’s always possible the result could have changed if we’d talked it out.

Like with Abigail quickvoting an unwary evil in XELO, yeah. But the evil in question is still usually online to flop in reaction.

1 Like

Breaking a promise is a sin, I could never.

The first Wormwood head possessed similar treatment for both Woodie and Wickerbottom early on, lightly shading their slots without actually wanting to commit towards either of them (since Wormwood later proceeded to vote Wolfgang and Wilson on that first day).