FoL Awards 2022 - Discussion Thread

tbf mafia would’ve won if roles were consistant

I mean yeah it was a kind of ??? decision on the part of the mafia

further discussion should move to the discussion thread so that it’s actually possible to find nominations in this thread :wowee:

1 Like

Consequentialist arete says ‘yes’
But realistic answer is ‘yes and no’

what’s ur definition of best fake claim arete

this seems so weird arete wtf

well according to the nominations post

I didn’t do that on purpose but the definition totally agrees with me

1 Like

I want to rework the definition

‘For the best and most effective fakeclaim’

1 Like

the definition is bad and should feel bad

but if we go by that definition it definitely deserves the nom and to win because it outted all the mafia

that said just because it was effective doesn’t mean it was the best fake claim, imagine someone faking cop with a red on a mafia and it’s a new person who doesn’t know you do it all the time, it’s an effective claim in that game but are we really going to say it’s the best

4 Likes

arete is w btw

1 Like

oh no you got me

dang sheriff gj

1 Like

gottem

I was actually town fire fighter all along

1 Like

Mainly because ‘most effective’ cares less about the quality of the fake part of the fakeclaim and more about how much damage it does

By this standard fakeclaiming a post restriction that requires you to make the game unreadable and doing it is a strong contender for the category
Even if it’s not plausible at all

2 Likes

why do we need a post restriction to do this

1 Like

Because if you make the thread literally unreadable then the mods will probably ban you

3 Likes

realistically I think you have to consider both ‘was it a good claim’ and ‘did it work’

like if someone jokingly says at the start of the game ‘I am a town role that instantly wins the game if I am alive on day 3,’ not expecting anyone to take it seriously, and the mafia are like ‘oh no! /concede’ then it was effective but not really in the spirit of the award

but also even if someone comes up with a brilliant fakeclaim if it doesn’t work it’s not really this-award material

1 Like

like if we went by this definition me claiming neutral reporter was really effective at “not dying instantly for not knowing what color my “town” Rolecard is” but it was a trash claim

A good example of a fakeclaim that worked was Marl’s fakeclaim in the OW game
It was a good claim and it worked

Meanwhile Astand’s fakeclaim in Mafia Academy
Well
lmao

1 Like

actually this happened once

mods didn’t do anything :wowee:

wow mods lazy