🏆 FoL Awards 2022 - Nominations Thread

This is the thread for awards nominations! Please be sure to include (1) who you are nominating, (2) what award you are nominating them for, and (3) a short description of why you are nominating them.

Please ensure that all replies are strictly on-topic. Extended discussion should go here.

Credit to the Mafia Universe mods for creating the system that we’ve modelled these awards off of.

Rules

• Anyone who has played at least one game on FoL can nominate another member for an award. Anyone who has played or hosted at least one game on FoL is eligible to receive an award.
  • All nominations must have a nomination and a second to be valid. You cannot nominate yourself, nor can you nominate a team that you were part of (for example, if you were scum in CoD 1, you can’t nominate the CoD 1 scumteam for a group award; however, you could nominate a teammate for an individual award).
  • A minimum of 1 day must pass between a game ending and any nominations for that game.
  • All games that occurred on Fortress of Lies, including those in 2021, are eligible for awards. In addition, games that occured on the FoL MU subforum at least part in 2022 are also eligible.
  • The deadline for nominations is one week after the last game that began in 2022 ends.
  • Once the nominations period is over, all relevant awards will be eligible for voting. Voting will be done via forum poll (the results will not be visible to anyone except forum moderators).

Awards

Individual Awards

Summary

Best Town Performance - Single Player (small game): For a good individual performance as town in a game with 15 or fewer players.

Best Town Performance - Single Player (large game): For a good individual performance as town in a game with 16 or more players.

Best Scum Perfomance - Single Player (small game): For a good individual performance as scum in a game with 15 or fewer players.

Best Scum Performance - Single Player (large game): For a good individual performance as scum in a game with 16 or more players.

Best Neutral/Third Party Performance: For a good individual performance as a neutral role, in a game of any size.

Best Misc Performance: For good performance in a Misc game. In extraordinary circumstances, a team may be nominated for this award.

Best Use of a Power Role: For a player who displayed skill in using their Power Role (PR). This may be any PR, even a very weak one.

Best Mechanical/Strategical Player: For a player who consistently displays good knowledge of mechanics and uses them effectively, as either alignment.

Best Replacement Player: For a player who consistently replaces into games, and plays solidly after doing so.

Rookie-of-the-Year: For a player whose first game was in 2022.*

Most Improved Player: For a player whose first game was PRIOR to 2022, but who improved significantly in 2022.*

**For the purposes of the 2022 awards, games that occurred on Fortress of Lies count as having occurred in 2022, even if they occurred in 2021.

Most Dedicated Player: For a player who is dedicated, even when the game is going poorly.

Most Enjoyable Player: For a player who is enjoyable, even when the game is going poorly.

Best Team Player: For a player who does a good job at working with their teammates, regardless of their alignment.

Best Misc Player: For a player who consistently does well in Misc games.

Best Town Player: For the best overall town player.

Best Scum Player: For the best overall scum player.

Best All-Around Player: For a player who is “good at everything.”

Team Awards

Summary

Best Town Performance, Group (Small Game): For collective excellence as town, in a game with 15 or fewer players.

Best Town Performance, Group (Large Game): For collective excellence as town, in a game with 16 or more players.

Best Scum Performance, Group (Small Game): For collective excellence as scum, in a game with 15 or fewer players.

Best Scum Performance, Group (Large Game): For collective excellence as scum, in a game with 16 or more players.

Hosting Awards

Summary

Best Host: For a host who consistently hosts well-designed and enjoyable games.

Best Flavor: For a host who writes good flavor.

Best Setup: For an interesting, enjoyable, and well-designed setup.

Best Misc: For an interesting, enjoyable, and well-designed Misc.

Best Role/Mechanic: For a role or mechanic that was both interesting and well-designed.

Fun Awards

Summary

Funniest Moment: For the funniest moment.

Best Fakeclaim: For the most effective fakeclaim.

Community MVP: For the community member most willing to help out the community and make it a good place to be. Mods are not eligible.

3 Likes

Current Nominations

Individual Awards

Summary
Award Player Game Nominated by
Best Town Award - Single Player (small game) Chloe Dicey Dungeons FM Vulgard and katze
Best Town Award - Single Player (small game) Mistyx/Rue Prehistoric Purgatory Arctic and Chloe
Best Town Award - Single Player (small game) Chloe/katze Hydra-Optional Vig 10er Prophylaxis and Marluxion
Best Town Award - Single Player (large game) Atlas Player’s Choice Invitational CRichard and Arctic
Best Town Award - Single Player (large game) Catbae FAM 2 Vulgard and Frostwolf103
Best Town Award - Single Player (large game) Prophylaxis Trials and Tribulations FM Marluxion and Arete
Best Scum Award - Single Player (small game) Kiiruma Diamond Arc Crossing WindwardAway and Geyde
Best Scum Award - Single Player (small game) Etha Dangan Werewolf Invitational Prophylaxis and Katze
Best Scum Award - Single Player (large game) nightingale FAM 2 Prophylaxis and Katze
Best Scum Award - Single Player (large game) Achromatic Umineko FM Prophylaxis and Katze
Best Scum Award - Single Player (large game) Marluxion Trials and Tribulations FM Prophylaxis and May
Best Scum Award - Single Player (large game) Mistyx PAC Prophylaxis and Marluxion
Best Neutral/Third Party Performance eevee SCP FM Geyde and Leafia
Best Neutral/Third Party Performance Jackrito Kaguya-sama: Love is War Mafia Prophylaxis and Marluxion
Best Misc Performance Chloe/Hally Word Match 2 Marluxion and Arete
Best Misc Performance Litten EIMM Ruby and Marluxion
Best Use of a Power Role WindwardAway A Certain Scientific Railgun Mafia Prophylaxis and Marluxion
Best Use of a Power Role Arctic Umineko FM Marluxion and YoubutWorse
Best Mechanical/Strategical Player Mistyx - Prophylaxis and Marluxion
Best Mechanical/Strategical Player nightingale - Prophylaxis and Marluxion
Best Replacement Player Marluxion - Prophylaxis and May
Best Replacement Player nightingale - Prophylaxis and Marluxion
Best Replacement Player Atlas - Prophylaxis and Marluxion
Rookie-of-the-Year Marluna - Marluxion and Arctic
Rookie-of-the-Year May - Mistyx and Chloe
Most Improved Atlas - Apprentice and Arctic
Most Improved Leafia - Blizer and Chloe
Most Dedicated May - Prophylaxis and Marluxion
Most Dedicated Achromatic - Arete and Chloe
Most Enjoyable Hippopablompoyeetus - Leafia and orangeandblack5
Most Enjoyable Vulgard - Marluxion and Whysper
Most Enjoyable Arctic - Prophylaxis and Marluxion
Best Team Player Wisdom - Prophylaxis and Marluxion
Best Team Player Vulgard - Arete and Chloe
Best Misc Player Apprentice - Geyde and Whysper
Best Misc Player Jane - Whysper and Arete
Best Town Player Catbae - Prophylaxis and Marluxion
Best Town Player Prophylaxis - Arete and Chloe
Best Scum Player Achromatic - Geyde and Leafia
Best Scum Player Marshal - Arete and Chloe
Best All-Around Player Vulgard - Prophylaxis and katze
Best All-Around Player Arctic - Arete and Chloe
Best All-Around Player WindwardAway - Arete and Chloe
Best All-Around Player Mistyx - Arete and Chloe

Team Awards

Summary
Award Team Game Nominated by
Best Town Performance, Group (Small Game) Prehistoric Purgatory Town Prehistoric Purgatory Arctic and Vulgard
Best Town Performance, Group (Small Game) Hydra-Optional Vig 10er Town Hydra-Optional Vig 10er Prophylaxis and Marluxion
Best Town Performance, Group (Large Game) Deus Ex 5 Town Enemy Within Prophylaxis and Marluxion
Best Scum Performance, Group (Small Game) Firekitten, Kiiruma, Zone_Q11, and Mistyx Dicey Dungeons FM Chloe and Arete
Best Scum Performance, Group (Small Game) Achromatic, Leafia, and Mistyx Morbtainado Mafia Geyde and Vulgard
Best Scum Performance, Group (Large Game) alana, eevee, Hippopablompyoyeetus, Marshal, Mistyx, Vulgard PAC Mafia Prophylaxis and Marluxion
Best Scum Performance, Group (Large Game) Frostwolf103, Jarek, Mistyx/Nightingale, Kingtroll Pokemon Xros Wars Arctic and Leafia

Hosting Awards

Summary
Best Host astand x Geyde and Whysper
Best Host Arete x Prophylaxis and Marluxion
Best Host Orangeandblack5 x Whysper and DatBird
Best Flavor Nightingale x Mistyx and ElizaThePsycho
Best Flavor astand x Prophylaxis and Marluxion
Best Setup Geyde Sorcerer17 ElizaThePsycho and Vulgard
Best Setup Geyde, katze, orangeandblack5, bearsquard, DatBird FAM 2 Blizer and Trochilidae
Best Setup Arete Trials and Tribulations FM Prophylaxis and Marluxion
Best Misc Marshal Word-Match Whysper and Geyde
Best Misc Bellatrix, Amelia, and nightingale BotF XVI - Calm Before the Storm Arete and Chloe
Best Role/Mechanic Copycat Dicey Dungeons eevee and Arctic
Best Role/Mechanic Illuminati Infiltrator Deus Ex 5 Geyde and Arctic
Best Role/Mechanic Neon Valorant FM Geyde and Marluxion
Best Role/Mechanic Necronomicon Umineko FM Geyde and Marluxion
Best Role/Mechanic Truth/Deception List Trails and Tribulations FM Prophylaxis and Marluxion

Fun Awards

Summary
Funniest Moment Leafia - women react to being pushed Sorcerer17 Marshal and Geyde
Funniest Moment katze Breadbox FoLrus reveal Pigeon and Achromatic
Funniest Moment katze and Vulgard’s banter Word Match 2 Marluxion and Arete
Funniest Moment Magnus The Magnus Incident™ Squirrel2412 and YoubutWorse
Funniest Moment Hippopablompyoyeetus goes on a rant about Kyubey PAC OrangeandBlack5 and ElizaThePsycho
Funniest Moment Arete/kat/Ashlyn - mildly villagery nuance Hydra-Optional Vig 10er Prophylaxis and Marluxion
Community MVP orangeandblack5 x Arete and Chloe
Community MVP Mistyx x Prophylaxis and Marluxion
Community MVP nightingale x Prophylaxis and Marluxion
Community MVP Prophylaxis x katze and Chloe
Best Fakeclaim eevee SCP FM Arete and Leafia
Best Fakeclaim Marluxion Trials and Tribulations FM Arete and Chloe

Nominations Without a Second

Summary
Award Player/Team Game Nominated by
Rookie-of-the-Year Gyrlander - Zorvo
Best Flavor Yoshi007 x Kanave
Best Misc Marluna Elements ElizaThePsycho
Best Misc Player CRichardFortressLies - Whysper
Best Replacement Player Chloe - Vulgard
Best Host Geyde x ElizaThePsycho
Community MVP ElizaThePsycho x Whysper
Funniest Moment Geyde/Trochilidae - Jokers join the game AI Upick FM ElizathePsycho
4 Likes

nominating @nightingale for best flavor

3 Likes

i nominate sorc17 for best setup
i pass the accuastion to @Geyde

1 Like

i second this

2 Likes

I nominate Leafia accusing cheese of his reactions being woman-indicative for Funniest Moment

truly the next level of reads
need i say more?

11 Likes

second

I definitely agree here. Laughs

1 Like

second

1 Like

I nominate the seperation of best role and best mechanic into two seperate categories.

2 Likes

Second

Role/Mechanic are combined into one award because some years there isn’t really any interesting and novel mechanic that isn’t tied in some way to a role

2 Likes

If by the middle of the year, we have 3 solid mechanics that would fit the bill, would you consider a split?

2 Likes

sure, although I would have to discuss whether to actually split it with the other mods

Oh no, mechanic is for example “dice rolling” from Dicey Dungeons.
Many roles did that.

If a mechanic is tied to one role, it’s a role thing.
If it’s tied to many players, it’s a mechanic thing.

Pretty much that is what I meant

2 Likes

Speaking of.

From Dicey Dungeon I nominate:

1. Copycat as best role
    While I know that setup didn’t exactly allow it to shine, I’m still considering it one of simpler, yet at the same time well connected to the game role.
    And most importantly - it scales nicely with player ability. Something which most of classic mafia roles don’t do at all.
    I honestly don’t expect it to win, becouse it’s not shiny and flashing role.
    But that’s actually what makes me nominate it.
    Cause it is interacting with setup in many interseting ways, being both a bit chalanging to player to use… while also remaining the role simplicity.
    That’s a hard to achieve thing, you know?

And that’s probably all for DD.
@Litten you barely missed the nomination mark. You know what parts you omitted, which gave you some problems later on.

1 Like

Nominate Nightingale for BotF XII’s art (in the flavour category), if that’s valid. The art was really pretty and added flavour to the characters we were playing in BotF rather than just… y’know… BotC characters. Made it unique to all other BotFs

9 Likes

i already did that :wowee:

5 Likes

i second this (if i am legally allowed to)

if you made the role you aren’t allowed to

2 Likes