FoL Awards 2022 - Discussion Thread

I’ll retract my position and instead suggest that the game itself was stupid and flip the table

2 Likes

also, he would need town to cooperate for them to win, which would probably never happen

no he just needed mafia to cooperate, which I’m sure they would gladly do if the neutral helped them win

1 Like

he would need to kill all 4 mafia, even with majority he couldn’t know about town KP or doublevoter etc.

that said asking for mafia to execute themselves during the day while mafia night kills town is sketch but tbf if he isn’t neutral you already lost so

1 Like

Part of why I don’t want it to be represented is that the game was weird enough that eevee’s play could be interpreted in many ways
The reason why it ended up having the effect arete noms it for is more just mafia being ???

Not to fault eevee’s play but that particular angle is hard to ignore when given the full context of the game

1 Like

okay but

is it a good claim if mafia flounder when they fake claim or is it good if everyone itg believes it

like don’t get me wrong it shouldn’t have worked which is why I don’t think it was the best fake claim

it’s only nominated because it did work

3 Likes

tbf mafia would’ve won if roles were consistant

I mean yeah it was a kind of ??? decision on the part of the mafia

further discussion should move to the discussion thread so that it’s actually possible to find nominations in this thread :wowee:

1 Like

Consequentialist arete says ‘yes’
But realistic answer is ‘yes and no’

what’s ur definition of best fake claim arete

this seems so weird arete wtf

well according to the nominations post

I didn’t do that on purpose but the definition totally agrees with me

1 Like

I want to rework the definition

‘For the best and most effective fakeclaim’

1 Like

the definition is bad and should feel bad

but if we go by that definition it definitely deserves the nom and to win because it outted all the mafia

that said just because it was effective doesn’t mean it was the best fake claim, imagine someone faking cop with a red on a mafia and it’s a new person who doesn’t know you do it all the time, it’s an effective claim in that game but are we really going to say it’s the best

4 Likes

arete is w btw

1 Like

oh no you got me

dang sheriff gj

1 Like