🏆 FoL Awards 2022 - Nominations Thread

Nominate Marionette for best BoTC/BoTF role.

i nominate geyde for best host btw

1 Like

this is just like 1984

wdym, the nomination post has always accurately reflected that it was seconded

2 Likes

i nominate the entirety of AI Upick FM for funniest moment
if that is not allowed, I nominate this moment instead

Yeah I think “an entire game” is not really a moment :wowee:

1 Like

maybe it is for @Chloe

3 Likes

no, you have until jan 21st at 3:30 PM CST
is exactly a week from when xros wars ended

1 Like

4pm cst they rounded up
nerds

Seconded.

No.

Seconded.

Thirded

2 Likes

Less than 24 hours left, friends

1 Like

I have decided to address this

none of this is intended to imply that the people or groups that have already been nominated are undeserving, I just Like Competition

nominate @Achromatic

have you all seen his WiM lol

nominate @Vulgard

I admit of some bias here, but in my experience, Vulgard is a great person to work with regardless of alignment. As town, he’s willing to work with people to develop their reads, consider other people’s input, and just generally play as part of a team. As scum, he’s willing to put the needs of the team first regardless of what strategy that implies – for example, when I wolfed with him in LotR FM, we came up with a strategy that required him to get bussed as a sacrifice, and he agreed easily.

second Whysper’s nomination of @Jane

Nominate @Prophylaxis for Best Town Player

Prophylaxis doesn’t play here very much, but when he does, he’s a reliable threat to the wolves (or else he is a wolf, which admittedly he does rand a lot). Moreover, he doesn’t have any major “holes” in his game, the sort of thing that makes you say “yes, sure, he’s a good town player but x.” I would normally feel a little bad about nominating someone who rarely plays but the other nominee for this category also barely plays so I don’t think I’m making things worse :wowee:

Nominating @Marshal for Best Scum Player

I checked and she wasn’t even nominated last year, which is sort of wild to me? Anyways, Marshal is one of the stronger wolves on FoL. She is skilled at both powerwolfing and deepwolfing, and a formidable foe for any village team to face. Rather than waiting for town to mess up, she proactively attempts to drive town to destruction. Even when she does die, she is pretty good at making her partners look unaligned with others. A few notable examples of Marshal scum games include:

• PAC (:wowee:)
  • RWBY FM (on oldFoL), where one of her partners was tracked night 1 after she had harddefended him. Despite this, she was able to turn things around and win in final 3.
  • Overwatch FM (on oldFoL), where despite her entire team trying to bus her, the town decided that actually the entire rest of her team was the wolves, and she was a villager (after which she won in F3)

for this one I’m just going to nominate a few people who I think are Pretty Good At Mafia, feel free to second any or all of them

• @Arctic - we meme about his read quality, but his reads are honestly mostly pretty good, it’s just that he regularly takes on “leadership positions” in a way that can go really badly when he fucks up. He’s also a strong wolf, good at manipulating the thread and gamestate.
  • @WindwardAway - I mean we did literally send her to Champs on the theory that she’s one of the best players on the site :wowee:
  • @Mistyx - reasonably good at both alignments, had a key role in one of the handful of town wins in 2022 (Prehistoric Purgatory) while also being successful at wolfing

ok tbh I skimmed the eligible games that were won by town and the sole nominee does kinda seem to be the best one :wowee:

Nominate @Bellatrix, @Amelia, and @nightingale for BotF XVI - Calm Before the Storm

• great art
  • smoothly hosted
  • atheist script, but the game actually wasn’t a disaster?
  • funny ending
10 Likes

seconding all of those and especially the marshal one because yes

7 Likes

okay but PAC was kinda lol from her if we’re being honest :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Thirding Arctic and Windward.

Fourthing Arctic and Windward.

I’m sorry Misty I didn’t see enough of you :sob: