Would definitely second this if I could. ^_^

3 Likes

i appreciate the rise in bb/bcs media use

keep it up

2 Likes

Here

1 Like

/nominate Astand for Best Host

In a world where a lot of games have hosts that have the potential to be liabilities, it’s nice to have someone who not only knows their shit but also is incredibly hospitable to the players
Considering that hosting is facilitation of games, Astand passes with flying colors
Massive effort on both the setup creation and setup hosting side that doesn’t falter
It’s clear that he cares about the games themselves and the people who play them
Which goes above and beyond reasonable expectations of action

6 Likes

/Nominate Morbtainado Morbfia for best scum performance, group (small game)

A lot of scum wins on this site could best be described as town falling over themselves and scum just running to the finish line before town can pick up the pieces
While these games still have scum being skilled enough not to die, they often lack the ‘excellent’ quality that really defines a great performance
With Morbtainado, the scum’s win could not be described as town simply falling over themselves. While you could certainly try, it would be incorrect to call scum’s win as anything other than strong division and thread supplanting. Even when certain town players were correct for the right reasons, the combined effort by the remaining wolves to keep denying kept town from making a comeback.
It’s a rare instance of powerwolfing that just works

(scum were leafia/achro/mistyx)

2 Likes

/Nominate Achromatic for best scum player

I’m not going to be focusing on anything like ‘x cool thing’ Achro did to deserve this
I’m instead going to be focusing on his massive drive
Even when things look hopeless and when things look out of reach, Achro puts his foot down and pushes forward regardless. Inspiring is the best word to describe it. His willingness to work with any partner, even when other people might question such actions, is testament to a cooperative spirit that can really upend games.
This teamwork certainly helped him bring home Morbtainado.

Even as an individual scum, he has shown excellence. Just taking Umineko FM, he showed his ability to worm into the brains of town players by pocketing via neighborhood. Alongside a teammate working to pocket another player on the other side of thread, Achro’s ploy ended up splitting thread, making a full comeback extremely difficult for village (even though they almost pulled it off).

/Nominate Apprentice for best misc player

Lol.
Lmao even.

While there are certainly other people you could nom for this
I don’t think any of those are valid enough if we are considering ‘best’.

App’s gameplan in miscs is simple and to the point
If there’s a way to win, he’ll find it and push it to its conclusion.
It usually works.

Yeah.

5 Likes

/Nominate Necronomicon from Umineko for best Role/Mechanic

I don’t particularly care for the claimvig part.
I care about the other bit about doling out rolestuff.

A lot of rolemadness games face a fundamental flaw with breakability.
Since scum can’t fake more townsided effects, there are points where town (depending on setup) can break it by massclaiming. Considering that massclaiming breaking a setup is usually a bad thing, hosts come up with solutions to counteract it…to limited effect.
Anticlaim is the most common method. You see it a lot, it swings games, and makes people salty (especially if it activates late).
Astand employed a method I find incredibly useful going forward. Simply give scum the choice of some town-ish abilities. It inspires creativity and teamwork pregame, while still giving them the option to fakeclaim different things during the game.
While it’s not perfect in its current state, there’s an undeniable quality to the mechanic that deserves to be tried out in the future.

2 Likes

/nominate eevee for best neutral/third party performance for scp fm

Lol.
Lmao even.

There aren’t many neutrals and debatably the slot was just village with a recoating.
However.
You aren’t going to fill this slot otherwise.

Eevee in this game was the most clear cut example of a single slot doing something to instantly win the game.
There’s hardly any counterargument or rebuttal.
It doesn’t even need to be explained.

He came.
He saw.
He got a scum player to out their team.

4 Likes

I second this nomination :ayaya:

1 Like

I second this nomination also :ayaya:

1 Like

/Seconded.

1 Like

/Seconded.

1 Like

I third this one, cause its 100% true

4 Likes

Astand is the veteran host, they are above mortal hoster!

1 Like

I nominate @katze and Dobby for Funniest Moment in the Breadbox FoLrus reveals

Context: Ending of Big Love (Live At Saban Theatre In Beverly Hills, CA / 2011) - YouTube
The escalation of the memeness that is so in character for these people was great