FoL Awards 2023 - Discussion Thread

Apple-tini: you're kind of new to this.

3 Likes

That’s not the issue, it actually adds some competition during the revealing and stuff and it shows people who play well that other think the same, the winner could be as obvious as ever but at least they’re not guaranteed from the start

Plus, it often kills things until the end of the year when things are remembered and people decide to nominate the rare thing or two, some games across the year could’ve been amazing but then suddenly well forgotten

3 Likes

It either adds a superficial level of competition to the awards, by allowing for otherwise mediocre play to be nominated alongside players who actually stand a chance to win, or it makes being nominated, being recognised for good play, not mean as much as what counts as “good play” has been lowered enough to capture a much broader range of play, possibly to the point where not making any mistakes but also not doing anything notable would be considered eorthy of a nomination.

I prefer to have our nominees to have earned that through their own merits, even if that means a boring and uncontested slot. If anything, an uncontested slot should be an easy incentive to work towards that slot, as the competition is naturally slim.

That’s not an issue though? Mediocre play being nominated wouldn’t be a problem since it needs a nomination and a second to go through anyway, you aren’t going to nominate a slanker for their play of randomly shooting a scum because that’s just mediocre and not a team player and stuff in a team based game. What I’m saying wouldn’t remove the good plays, it just encourages those good plays to actually be nominated

I nominate Jake for the Most Contrarian Player award

1 Like

does LW with scum’s wincon count as neutral

it’s scum + survivor, I’ll allow it

4 Likes

Do you agree that by lowering the nomination bar, that more mediocre nominations will be seconded? If not, why not?

i thought it was just flavourtext to “don’t die because it lessens your wincon”

that makes a bit more sense

1 Like

MUCH harder than traditional scum/LW

1 Like

i mean
yeah
but i think its more personally “harder scum” then “neutral”
but a survivor wincon is enough to be a different faction then typical scum so

actually i think you just said that im dumb

3 Likes

if we have significantly more nominations per category (i.e. consistantly more than 2) can we switch to approval voting instead of fptp voting

1 Like

What about disapproval voting, where you anti-vote someone and whoever has the least anti-votes is the winner?

2 Likes

that is isomorphic to approval voting, yes

1 Like

Scum that must also survive activates my fight or flight response

Im sure orange has said why ephiron has a LW survivor but still

2 Likes

You still get one vote, though.

5 Likes

1 Like

Look I can’t help the Witch and Rival Hacker ptsd okay

1 Like

@ElizaThePsycho