FoL Awards 2023 - Discussion Thread

Despite this the worst ita luck I’ve felt is still the TBE shot on Italy in that one game

3 Likes

did that shot ever win an award or were fol awards not a thing back then

1 Like

Sure just have arete open the game with an ongoing misc

2 Likes

back in my day we had 2 miscs at a time

1 Like

“i have a 1 shot bpv even if i get shot i’ll be fine” is among one of my most masterful ideas which aged perfectly and did not in any way backfire on me

3 Likes

I don’t wanna be the king of awards and I don’t want all these uncontested votes. Even if you think the winner of an award is surefire it feels better to succeed against competition. Go think back to games this eyar (list here) ans nominate nya

4 Likes

I don’t think the double-evil Parity cop check for Stelluna was particularly strong in its own right, since killing the cop or one of the two checks is a tested and proven strategy in mechanical setups such as Xros, but the evil team did well in that game to make it work so I think it’s more a “gameplay” thing than a fakeclaim thing.

Gar’s a good town player, but I don’t think they’ve had many opportunities to prove themselves as a great evil player except for the last game so I don’t know if it’s fair to nominate them for such. Is that picky?

Nah its your choice. Justw anted to give suggestions for slots that havent been double nommed yet <3

1 Like

And i feel mean having may do all the nominations

2 Likes

May isn’t going to add them to the wiki post, are they?

Wat?

Yeah, I’m fine to go over old games and propose nominations all over the place. I’ve waited all year to do it, really.

1 Like

I’ll follow

Let me add the atlas nom to the main post first

I was nominated for best replacement player. We might have a whole bunch of missed nominations.

I see the confusion, nevermind.

You’ve been on top of it, nevermind.

the best all-around player award doesn’t make sense to me

does it mean ultimate player, trumping best town/scum player? if so - if u win that, would be better to give the spot of best town/scum to someone else right? coz like if ur already the ultimate player that inherently implies ur also best town/scum right?

if it just means a combination of best town + best scum - why a separate award for two existing ones?

1 Like

if player A wins best town, player B wins best scum, and player C wins best overall - that doesnt make sense to me at all (i mean it makes sense coz ppl would vote it to be that way) but it just dont make sense to me

well it’s possible to be really good at town and suck at scum
and it’s also possible to be not quite as good but still good at both

2 Likes