Fortress Plays Imps - 10000, Gnomes - 100, Dragons - 0 (Game Over (for now))

That is very possible

Oh, that’s a clever thought :slight_smile:

19J

Deciding to take a chance on the time-travel device in the huge grandfather clock, you go up to the gnome in charge, Gnyrus Hourguard, and ask what you do to return in gnomish history to the victories over the dragons.

“Well, now, young Rye. You just sit yourself down in that swinging chair and tell me what period of the great gnomish conquests over dragons you want to visit. You can go to 3000 years ago, 2000 years ago, 1000 years ago, 500 years before the Cataclysm, or 200 years before the Cataclysm. When you get ready to return here, you just will yourself here. We tried to make a machine that would get us home better, but… well, never mind.”

“Can you tell me anything about the various times to help me choose?”

“Nope. I’ve never been there. I just know that in each time, the gnomes have conquered the dragons—just as we have to do again if we’re going to survive this horrible war that is about to overtake us.”

You can tell Gnyrus any time period you want, but it will be a matter of chance which one you actually get to.

Seat yourself in the swinging chair, then roll the die.

Whenever you return to the clock chamber by willing yourself there, you may choose to travel to another time period, to continue exploring the clocks, return to the gnomeflinger, or find another exit from the chamber.

/3000 years ago

@Osieorb18

Seat yourself in the swinging chair, then roll the die.

Die Result: 10

24A

You’ve been sent to the time 500 years before the Cataclysm.

You find a magnificent, old gold dragon—a good dragon, you’re glad to see—caught in a trap of gnomish devices and steam pipes. He’s sound asleep within the apparatus… until you make some sound.

You never thought you’d be this close to a real dragon and not feel the horrible dragonfear. But the gold dragon is a good dragon and… isn 't it? You’re not so sure when the dragon’s mouth opens, and you realize that if this dragon is mad, he could kill you easily no matter what his alignment!

You’re standing there, knees trembling, staring at the trapped beast, when he opens his mouth… and speaks. “I never thought I’d have to ask a human—distaste in his voice—to help me… but here goes: Sir, as you can see, I’ve been inadvertently caught within this infernal gnomish apparatus. All I did was come to the gnomes and ask if they could heat my cave. I’m getting very old, and my bones don’t withstand the chill of the sea air as well as they used to. Well, I went to sleep while they worked on the project—and, of course, my naps are long these days—and when I awoke, years had gone by and those blasted little pipsqueaks had gotten carried away by their enthusiasm. They even—I understand—call this heating system they made for me a victory!”

So much for that victory over the dragons! you exclaim to yourself.

“… Uh, can’t you break out of it?” you ask timidly.

“Every time I try, I get burned. Look here. Just look at all the scars on my nice scales. I’ve given up trying and have just been waiting for someone, anyone, to come and help me get out. Probably generations of those little gnomes have come and gone and no one even knows I’m here. You’re the first living thing I’ve seen in years and years and years. Come on. You help me, and I’ll give you your choice from three magic items.”

You inspect the weird-looking devices the gnomes have inserted into the system of pipes. One of them must control the steam, if you can only figure out which one.

You can choose to try to help the gold dragon, you can leave the chamber, or you can just look at some of the loose stuff that’s sitting on the floor in front of the steam apparatus.

2022-01-27T08:30:00Z Decision Deadline.

ok so this is definitely a trap right
/try to help the gold dragon

@Osieorb18

4 Likes

94H

“Well, I’ll be glad to help you, if I can,” you
finally say to the dragon. He just quietly beams a satisfied look and settles down to watch you try.

Use the small illustrated guide to help you select the gnomish devices you want to inspect.

Screen Shot 2022-01-26 at 6.35.18 PM

The game has automatically shifted back to Democracy mode. There will be further opportunities to switch into other modes such as Anarchy mode.

I will be checking in between 2022-01-27T08:30:00Z and 2022-01-27T09:30:00Z. If a decision is not made by that latter time, one will be randomized for you. As before, if you are certain on a decision, one player should declare it and tag me in their post. If at least 50% (including the declarer) of the tagged players like that post, I will take that decision as final. You may still like posts if you are not one of the initial players, but your like will not weigh into the vote unless you have been part of the discussion since the most recent decision point (i.e. this post).

Mt Nevermind Worksheet

Worksheet Bookmark:

18 days remain.

Chamber # Short Description
134 Bottle
24 Clocks
114 Gold Dragon in 500 BC

Other Notes:
+1 Defense Dwarf
+3 Offense Fred

@Whysper @GGhana @YouButWorse @Geyde @Apprentice @Ruby @Joker @Amelia @Squirrel2412 @WindwardAway @Ranta @Blizer @Arete

what do you mean

Players voted on whether or not to shift into Anarchy mode for a while. The game is now back in Democracy mode (mostly for my own sanity), and then after at least 24 hours may offer a shift into Anarchy mode or something else again.

2 Likes

I think we should inspect E

it looks like a locking mechanism or a power regulator

E gang

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

/investigate E
@Osieorb18

sure we can go E instead

5 Likes

sigh
back to being a democracy

1 Like

what the fuck happened

Democracy happened

140D

In the middle of the whole steam-pipe system is a big thing with lots of little pipes, and valves, and turners, and stuff sticking out all over it. It’s certainly not like anything you ever saw in your bakery, but then again, what is in this gnomish kingdom.

You pinch and poke and prod and pull, holding your breath, until things start to move. Roll the die.

Result: 7

145C

With a horrible whoosh and a burble, the pipes begin to ring with the sound of hot, hot, hot steam rushing through them. Suddenly it’s more than the apparatus was built for, and the pipes burst in a shower of clanging metal and deadly hot steam.

Fortunately for you, the pipes burst inward and so you receive only enough hot steam to take away 2 life points, but the ancient gold dragon is scalded from all directions at once and you see his tough, weather-beaten scales and skin just bubble and slough off in the heat. With a roar that quickly turns to a pitiful sigh, the old dragon burns to death, victim of his own desire to stay warm.

You had only 2 HP to lose. You have died alongside the magnificent beast. Restart?

I will be checking in between 2022-01-27T23:00:00Z and 2022-01-28T05:00:00Z.

@Whysper @GGhana @YouButWorse @Geyde @Apprentice @Ruby @Joker @Amelia @Squirrel2412 @WindwardAway @Ranta @Blizer @Arete

We had 2 HP?? :grimacing: Whoops.

1 Like

/restart @osieorb18

8 Likes