[GAME THREAD 6/13] Risky Light Game: Featuring Rain - Day 4 - Mafia wonnered

Dear Aelin,

I was delighted to receive your message. Thank you the scoop on the frost! I’ll keep my eye on the thermometer, I have a feeling things are about to heat up soon. Speaking of keeping an eye out, is there anyone special you have your eyes on? Spill the deets!

Yours,
Frog

P.S.

peepee poopoo

This Start of Day is weird…

i dont really like the phrasing of this but i also dont have anything on hand to disprove it

elaborate

. . .
. . .
im not the only one seeing this right?

f r o g
p i n e a p p l e
m a n
B O I

check my first post :slight_smile:
also
you havent used ‘yeet’ a single time in this thread… are you scum?

This probably counts if either Magnus or Pigeon flip mafia but both just pulled the “Arive, Slap Vote On Top Wagon, Leave” move.

I actually put my vote on Pigeon for a weird over-explained but bad reasoned vote on Leafia, then immediately saying “Oh no, I’m going to get yeeted Day 1!” which was super awkward and performative as if he planned on saying it.
However when I went back to read his reasoning, it looks like he actually read what Leafia was posting? So I might’ve jumped the gun on him.

Either way I’m confused why both of them just jumped onto the main wagon and left like none of it was pro-town at all.

/Unvote thepigeonnyc

Voted Voters Votes
Professor Aelin, Frog 2/7
Magnus Trochilidae, Leafia 2/7
Leafia Illwei, Magnus, thepigeonnyc 3/7
Not Voting clonedcheese, Squirrel2412, Gorta, EliThePsycho, Professor, Bradland 6

— Insanity

Yes this is, also why was leafia at 5/7 votes on d1 lol

everyone give your reasons

Wow villaging in a low post count game is harder mentally to actually post

Yes this is a lamist

I think I am ok with voting professor, there are so many weird things there. also @Frog did I play with you at MU?

I’m taking your explanation and applying it elsewhere, hope you don’t mind. I have to defend myself, because apparently one post and a vote is AI.

Trochi starts the game off the bait by promising to be useful in the near future, asserting their intention not to waste time by responding to unnecessary questions. This is a completely fair idea, and it’s what I will be doing as well.

Let’s see if Trochi keeps to this simple principle.

Here are my thoughts on these events; unlike Leafia at this time of day, Trochi decides to scumread immediately; Trochi mentioned having a few thoughts on Leafia’s apparent alignment, which cannot easily be determined at this point of the day, although at least Trochi doesn’t start by asserting Leafia is 100% undeniably Mafia or nonsense like that. Up to here, Trochi is acting Town in my eyes.

A bit of a side note, but when Leafia was accused she brushed it aside, claiming it wasn’t serious. When Trochi is scumleaned by Leafia, they instinctively defend themself here.

[quote=“Trochilidae, post:53, topic:311”]
side note i’m liking brad so far especially this post
the way they came in at first with memes and meme votes seemed genuine and the fast switch from memes to serious reads is something i like as well especially as they aren’t afraid to shake up the thread with controversy which imo i don’t think a wolf would be brazen enough to do here

I’m not the right person to defend myself, so I’ll share my thoughts and move past this. Up to now, Trochi’s made a few reads and hasn’t been particularly helpful in any major manner - like Brad, don’t like Leafia… correct me if I’m false about this. Trochi claims I threw a vote on the leading wagon without understanding those votes, whereas I had been lurking in the thread up to now as proven by Frog a few posts later. Csting a vote seeming randomly stands out far more than remaining silent, so ‘blending in’ is objectively false.

I hadn’t been accused by anyone before entering the thread, so I really didn’t have to do anything whatsoever. I’ll ISO Cloned next, and then I’ll focus on someone else. Frog, maybe.

In any case, if I’m jumping on a wagon wildly for voting Leafia, Cloned is jumping on a wagon to vote me with flimsy justification.

These couple of posts come off as extremely weird to me in a way words cannot describe. These don’t feel like scumreads coming from Cloned. These feel like vote justifications.

This makes sense, now. I’m being heavily accused for voting randomly, right before another player casts the same vote, on an already heavily voted player in a majority system. This ignores the fact that a D1 mislynch doesn’t really help Wolves, so I’d be ruining my own game as Mafia for trying this.

Here’s a counter proposal; we voted for different reasons, which coincidentally happened at the same time.

In case you’re wondering, this post is purely defence. I’m not scumreading here, although if I was I’d rather vote Cloned than Trochi right now. This isn’t justice.
/Unvote.

I could’ve added more to this post but yeah just posting and reacting to every single little thing to try to make herself look “comfortable” in the thread.

Those were all my reasons that I stated.

1 Like

votecountze

Voted Voters Votes
Professor Aelin, Frog 2/7
Magnus Trochilidae, Leafia 2/7
Leafia Illwei, thepigeonnyc 2/7
Not Voting clonedcheese, Squirrel2412, Gorta, EliThePsycho, Professor, Bradland, Magnus 7

– katze (does one VC and then goes to sleep, gamer host moment)

1 Like

good morning all.

why wouldn’t it be? i agree with what my predecessor said: everything game-related is AI. anyone should be expected to have to defend themselves with this sort of entrance.

yes, i did claim that. you said that you “could not give this game the justice that it deserves”, and the way you treated your vote implied that you had not heavily read through the thread prior to posting. a simple “in the meantime i’ll put my vote here” without even an agreement with the Leafia scum case- or your own reason for voting her told me that you hadn’t understood the wagon.

casting a vote on anyone other than the leading wagon would not have been blending in, as it is my point stands.

you did jump on a wagon wildly to vote Leafia. cloned’s reasoning is something i can follow. (at least he had justification).

i don’t understand the point you’re trying to make, please elaborate.

….excuse me? and how, pray tell, does a correct D1 yeet help them? why would you as Mafia be ruining your game by trying to accomplish your objective?

side note: our pet peeve is being read either way for something that is inherently NAI if you must have an explanation for your own side note.

[quote=“Magnus, post:129, topic:311”]

This is something to think about at least. Good morning too everyone.

Cloned does have a weird feel to him honestly but I’m not about to scumread him just for that. First, I need to figure out if it’s t!weird or w!weird.

As for Professor, I have a hunch I know who he is and if I’m correct, he’s probably just a villager here.

As for this post from Frog, I don’t think a wolf ever looks at the wagon on me and makes this post so I’m fine with adding him to my towncore.

Magnus sounds like he has a superiority complex related to the game, which is… interesting.

3 Likes

Fair enough. However, if your sole reason for voting me is your belief that I have TMI on Leafia, my explanation for my read and the justification of its strength is right here. I can’t prove that I am an authority on reading this player, however I think my presented knowledge of her psyche should be enough to demonstrate a decent understanding of her meta. Therefore what you might think is TMI is for me actually just another day at the office saving Leafia from being D1’ed once again.

This implies that my intention was to townread Leafia and yet allow her to die. Why did you make this assumption? Is it not clear from my posting that I have no intention of allowing her to be eliminated?

This worldbuilding is villagery, however, if you consider how likely it is Frog and I would decide at the start of the game to distance in an incredibly non-direct way by taking polarized stances on Leafia, you would probably come to the conclusion that this isn’t something likely to be deliberate… why not choose a more direct method, for instance?

Hmm. Illwei’s expectation for her post to be townread over Frog’s despite not thinking highly of her wolfgame is likely to come from a villager mindset as wolves don’t really expect their posts to be more villagery than villager posts concerning the same topic, especially ones who believe to be weaker. This read also holds if Frog is a wolf who Illwei believes is stronger than them.

Can you explain any of these you haven’t already?

Why did you choose to join this wagon? How much of the thread had you read at the time?

This was my initial thought, however I cannot come up with a reason for them to do this as a wolf either. It’s possible that as a wolf they would be more wary of the backlash for jumping on the top wagon without any prior justification.

If I remember correctly the last time Pigeon decided to push the angle of high posters being wolfy at the start of the game he was mafia (PYMM2), and I don’t recall him trying to push this angle anywhere else. It’s possible I am misremembering, however I am most likely not, and this is probably just a wolf.

This post is indicative of a guilty conscience. As town Pigeon tends to be more carefree and generally doesn’t understand the scumreads shoved in his direction. The problem with Pigeon’s prediction that he will be scumread here is that the only similarity between his and Magnus’ post is that they both have votes on Leafia. Pigeon justified his vote and yet he still expects to be scumread for it, when the reason why Magnus was scumread was because his post lacked any justification or solving. Why would Pigeon expect to be scumread simply for voting Leafia? Because he knows Leafia is a villager, and putting a villager at L-1 this early is wolfy.

/vote Pigeon @Host_Account_2
I ought to start a new post considering the length of this one.

Leafia doesn’t actually get D1’ed too often, from my recollection. However, the tone here is indicative of an overconfident villager.

Hi hello people

Very good analysis!

They are, indeed, vote justifications

Yes popping in like that is eyebrow-raising, but I would think it’s not scum AI in a vacuum. I wanted to throw as much shade as possible, to see if people would j go along with it or call me out on it.

More specifically, this:

I pulled this out of my ass
I dont think ive even played a game with scum pigeon, and if i have i cant remember

With that, lets see if anyone has taken my bait

Brad

Heres one that took the bait!

Saw someone else that was sussing Pigeon and just went for it

The full justification doesnt seem good either:

Very quick to back off and hedge under the slightest bit of pressure

I think we got one bois

Magnus

Very good callout, only slightly undercut bu the fact that i was accusing them

Still willing to put in my v leans thought; the initial behavior is NAI for magnus iirc

Trochi

Not entirely sure whether Trochi is this adamant about their reads as scum

Willing to put in “conf bias town” for now

Leafia

Good callout as well of iffy behavior

The “idk if this is t or w” i think is emblematic of t!Leafia, so willing to let this live today

/vote BradLand @Host_Account_2

Caught scum dybudabu

3 Likes

Trochi be real with me here did you like this post for the analysis or for the dybudabu