GOAT^2 - Game Thread (5/15) - Day 6 - Mafia wonnered

It’s a joke being that you said he has the most likes and I’m trying to stop him from having that honor by lowering his value.

2 Likes

I’ve never had to explain that joke before actually.

2 Likes

Now I’m going to hit post cap every day phase so that I break Atlas’s record of having the most likes by Eliza.

2 Likes

jokes on you he’s recieved nearly 8k likes
no way you post 8k times this game

2 Likes

I’ll probably be compulsively counting my posts for the rest of the game now that I’ve thought about it, so I may as well add it on to the end so that you can all know what I’m thinking. Call it transparency.

My special ability, the obvtown. After, again, Flicker, I’ve given up on holding back or trying to be suspicious on purpose. Well, not entirely, never say never and all that… also, it’s irresistibly funny to just throw absolute bullshit out there and see who calls you out on it.

Can I ask what the exact difference between Zorvo’s and my behavior is? That is, what makes the reads I’m putting out there clearly town and his strange?

Preflip connections are my lifeblood. I’ll admit that these are quite weak and normally not the thing I’d note aloud this early, but I’m trying to be more transparent with the sources of my reads, and also this game desperately needed some kind of push to make analysis actually possible. Zorvo’s reads were the first thing I thought to push.

9/150

4 Likes

Not with that attitude.

2 Likes

That’s fine, just had that thought when I read that.

Liked the explanation though and I’ll consider you town for it.

1 Like

Town:
May
Marl
Zorvo

A weird list for me…something feels off.

Town:
May
Marl
Zorvo
Eliza

That’s better.

1 Like

You know, every time people start marking me town for my usual behavior, I think about how easy it would be to replicate as scum.

10/150

2 Likes

Reminder to try to find town and try to work with them. So we can try to intense tactic of boxing:tm: if not, we will lose.

1 Like

I also saw the Flicker game happen.

11/150

2 Likes

Not sure because I’m not sure how you could replicate a train of thought like that as mafia without it being super forced.

1 Like

oh hi silviu

I feel the exact same honestly and then I’m scum and I can’t replicate it exactly. It’s kinda interesting to think about ngl

I’ll be going to bed soon but I got a few questions first
How strong do you feel your read list is Brad? What caused you to include each person?

2 Likes

Order is legit although there might be a gap between May and Marl. Feel decent about them so far.

May I said before going on a tangent going through possible teammate reads when asked about it feels like a continuation of a train of thought that feels natural thus I think is towny.

Marl when he was posting felt pretty decent in terms of trying to gain some reads, looked like he was posting comfortably and not stiff.

Zorvo I explained but felt like his first few posts if he was mafia he’d at least try to shoe horn a scumread and push in there somewhere.

1 Like

VOTE: min

1 Like

idk if this is a copypasta but this is very wolfy
we have 150 posts not 50 lol
VOTE: May

1 Like

yeah it went from a serious accusation into tryhard memery

packed up

1 Like

town

1 Like

welcome to forum mafia! please check out the mafia forums guide to get yourself situates

1 Like

Man, I wonder how will the postcap change me as I am no longer allowed to hyperpost, I suppose I’ll just follow it up with being productive so this comment doesn’t go to waste.

I am not trying to be mean or anything, it’s very great when people improve. But a weakpoint in Seth is that he goes overboard with his reasoning, it becomes incomprehensible, he doesn’t feel like a threat at all (during Flicker, there weren’t any important discussion to eliminate Seth during that game). I believe we need to be encouraging with trying to get a person’s thought process as that’s what it’s vital. Why would reads care if we can’t tell how we didn’t go there? (By the way, Troll, Seth = Zorvo, this guy changes his username too frequently!)

Also Eliza, also to not be mean. But you really have to step up your game. During most game I’ve seen, you’re losing engagement and dissapear, maybe you are busy, but there’s also people who can be busy with their lives and still manage to get townread. The reason why you precisely get scumread (presumably) is because you pop into the thread and the backlog looks intimidating, so you think you will do better if you comment to what pops up on the spot, but well, that doesn’t always work, you can’t make your mind up based on a few selective posts, you need to look at the behavior in general.
For example, w!Windy from what I’ve heard is cowardly. w!Seth from what I’ve seen they’re not popping up in the spotlight as often, T!Neon has frustrations that she gathers from the game and so on. But to prevent myslynching somebody because “this behavior is inherently wolfy” we have to also look for the reason why they’re doing that. It’s all great detective work! But sadly, they kind of never deduced what happened in Flicker!.. I hope this helps.

Also meta-read for Trollo, not sure how effective this is, this is just a blind guess as people can literally be different when they’re playing FM, like me right now. This is the first time in like 5y+ he decided to play again. I would presume Trollo would be hyperactive and I suppose impulsive when an upsetting situation arises, but no worries, I don’t think he will done legit get Happy Tree House levels of upset.

2 Likes