Hydra-Optional Vig10er - Day 4 - Town Wins

fuck yeah
okay first question who is this

shrug

id be lying if i said i was being 100% fair with your slot but i don’t think im being unreasonable

like i know in h21g10 you grilled me for bringing up the poisoner game as a reason to be paranoid of arete but when i linked chloe areteposts from that game she was like “what the fuck” and while… yes, the counteragument on how long it takes to reply exists, i’m sitll not going to ignore the fact that arete isnt like. incapable of writing posts that aren’t villagery as a wolf. (they can argue against this all they want but literally fucking ladd was trying to lock them V d1 of that game)

i think this game still makes more sense if you’re a wolf, i arguably think this more now than i did last time i said this for a reason that is… not actually the doing of your slot, just a changed opinion of a different slot that i’m thinking about

and uh. no, im not going to townread you for defending a villager. yes, im aware that you aren’t afraid to get your hands dirty. sorry, not sorry.

also that’s obv orange (and im obv katze)

orange

I thought that was obvious from the wall but

wait really

yes fucking really

god damn

was wondering if arete had taken over
didn’t think so but wanted to be positive

what are they, why did u like them, why did they come from v!lbw

wait what no that’s not what happened that game

he had me as like

vaguely a townlean

anyways I don’t need you to be 100% fair with us or whatever if you can convince the both of us that you aren’t scum and your push is and be right

id actually forgotten about that during the hydra game but ive been skimming through that game a bit while trying to solve them but

yeah, because i told him he was dumb to lock you V

thats the most “this is me, ladd, locking arete V” post but there’s others where he talks about it and i talk him down somewhat to where he ends the day with like “arete/JC are probably both town but i hope ones a wolf”

would there be any difference in how each slot kinda takes control and stagnates thread as scum? (what i assume you’re implying correct me if wrong)
do they have different partners?
a lot of attention has been on lbw today, do you think this spews leafia more likely maf or town if there’s scum in fps/cat aka would they be more likely to but or aim for a lhf misyeet

also
y’all seemed to not like it how a lot of our focus was on y’all and it seemed to be affecting ur read
how exactly did that shift and how do i know i’m not being pocketed

elaborate pls and if you already have link it
now do a thought exercise please and imagine tsp is v
where are wolves hiding and how do they react to the two strongest slots cannibalizing each other

id say something along the lines of “when you’re a villager, i think you’re super obvious town, when you’re a wolf, i hedge super hard and want to die when i try to read you, and i’m definitely leaning more towards the latter, therefore i think you’re a wolf”

but i don’t really want to

which probably lends credence to… you fitting that criteria. :joy_cat:

i don’t rly think you (arete) have been that villagery this game tho

no comments on orange, chloes vibed and i never rly read up on why, i think if she townreads you more than arete that that in itself is problematic

you could be villagers? like. i can point out posts i think come from w!arete much more than v!arete – and we’d prob get into arguments that are ultimately pointless because you’re not going to admit i’m right regardless of your alignment – id also be lying if i didn’t say part of my doubt on you guys is that you’re doubting us for non-gamestate reasons

to elaborate, i think v!you can/should have some gamestate doubts with us? but imo chloes been pretty fuckin villagery, especially today lol

like id say she left her wolf range and i kinda believe she did but yknow, id say this even if i didn’t believe it, and id also say this if i didnt believe that, so ymmv (id call myself villagery but thats not AI for me :wowee:)

so idk. this post is pretty pointless and probably doesn’t rly say that much, im not gonna proofread it, im rly only here cause chloe saw a wallpost and doesnt have time to digest it on her own

speaking of which i guess i sohuld actually try to digest it on my own lol

agree on 2w1h/birds probs just being town

haven’t evaluated idrc too closely myself yet, have gth reads but nothing concrete

your LBW read is weird to me, like… if they have some of the best posts this phase then why are you still shrugging and saying they’re PoE? like, ideally in a 5v2 situation we’re in you’d be able to secure three non-you townreads to “lock it” and it sounds like you reasonably should be slotting that slot as your tentative fourth

two of his walls

and I don’t like reading other peoples’ walls

In particular, I found the first one to be an actually compelling self-meta-case from somebody whose meta I’m unfamiliar with, which is super rare. It also lines up with exactly the read Wind had on YBW, without YBW himself ever attempting to defer to the dead villager - having laid out his insecurities and been questioned on them, he turns around, whips out receipts, and makes his point. It’s very direct in a way that from what I’ve heard wolf!YBW would be less likely to be able to pull off under pressure.

Also this is the sickest one-liner in the entire thread:

The second wall is in line with the tonality and approach of the first, and is also the reason I’m quite confident he isn’t being coached, specifically regarding the following passage:

I have been scum with Leafia. This is not something you say about scum Leafia, flat out, and the fact that these thoughts exist in his head to me is a really good sign that YBW is hitting us with everything he’s got. This is actually compounded by the fact that he expressly points out that Leafia appears scummy in his next line:

If he was running these posts past anybody else, they’d have stripped out at least one of these two parts (almost certainly the former) because “I trust Leafia more than myself” followed by “Leafia appears scummier when she’s town” are not thoughts that somebody trying to paint a malicious picture has, but it’s perfectly cognitively consistent with YBW’s stated views on why their slot is where it is.

1 Like

Because the two posts are both in self-defense, their single-minded push isn’t inspiring much confidence given Leafia-in-particular tends to be really bad at not letting on peoples’ real alignments if she brings them into things, and frankly they’ve just failed to clear the same bar as our other two solid townreads

1 Like

wow
this is actually good shit thanks
though i do have questions still

1. yeah what cat said, if you have all this good shit why’re they still poe
  2. is there anyone who if they were teamed with lbw wouldn’t coach them to that extreme or bother to try

hey

I need a cat fact to answer that

1 Like

1 Like

!!!
okay this is one of my favorite cat facts
the margay and the clouded leopard are the only two cats that can climb down a tree headfirst and this is because their ankles can actually rotate backwards 180 degrees
also haha gay

what was the result of this game lmao