Hypocritical Rant on Empathy

Stop liking my posts

7 Likes

Dude you’re fine lol
You just put a little too much energy into finding faults in things

3 Likes

But yeah

There are two unnamed (no I will not give any more information) people who are on this site that don’t like each other very much
Personally, I find the shit that’s between them to be minor
I just wish they could bury the hatchet but conversation isn’t particularly open between them

2 Likes

is it me and atlas

No

1 Like

dang @Atlas guess we can’t be nemesis anymore

You can’t possibly make me concerned with a spat because you’re still young enough to grow out of petty bullshit

1 Like

you imply atlas is young

My comment does not change at all even if atlas was 80

1 Like

oh so you’re referring to me, specifically
okay noted

1 Like

actually the stuff between me and atlas is all joking
…i hope
(there was a time when it wasn’t but)

But yes I additionally assume atlas is young

1 Like

grrrr i hate you!!!

4 Likes

b-but then i can’t be a catboy

1 Like

7 Likes

Almost 40% of people living at the moment have never used the internet whatsoever. That’s not even counting people who have at some point been able to access it but don’t have regular access. Regular internet access is still a privilege.

1 Like

Yeah, it sucks when people can’t bury the hatchet over minor issues. Really drags things down.

I know right. Especially when a so called friend is a backstabber.

Dude, I get that you’re hurting right now and something happened between you two but bringing it up with these jibes in public is just creating drama. The best way to respond to someone you feel is toxic is to block, ignore, and report them, barring them being a recurring toxic issue over a lengthy time period for people you care about. And in that case, the court of public opinion still isn’t an effective protection against that. It’s still just a way to insert more drama into the community and feel vindicated at everyone’s expense, without getting any progress on a real solution. Giving someone you are sure is toxic more time in your mind than necessary only gives them power. If you’re ignoring them, if as such they are worthless to you, then you’ve won. They don’t have the privilege of monopolizing your time.

If they’re actively hurting others, it’s important to communicate that to authorities as applicable (mods, admins, cops as appropriate). There are people out there in community upon community who prey on the good faith of others. It’s important to alert community staff to the presence of those people. But publicly airing these issues is just creating a separate mess for the community staff to deal with. Without benefitting anybody.

Chloe and other solid admins/moderators are good at what they do in part because they’re great at listening to people. At hearing when there’s a problem, even if they can’t (or shouldn’t) do anything about many problems directly other than just being an open ear.

I’m not in a significant position of power in any mafia community, of my own intentioned doing, but to me, part of any of you belonging in any community that I frequent is that I’m also always around to listen to you, if you need it. No judgement. Sometimes you just need a friendly outlet.

2 Likes

Lets take this to DMs.

1 Like