Hypocritical Rant on Empathy

Those DMs were productive.

…
Men

Yeah that’s if you count China.
I hear that country not only has the most population in the world but also only allows 1 hour maximum of game/website time or else you go to prison so they usually don’t even go on internet there.

They’re really that restricted internet usage wise? Oof.

That’s a pretty long list.

If this is referring to me, we can talk in DMs.

I swear to God if I get another DM asking me if they are the troublemaker then I will officially die instantly

You don’t need this
If you’re confident in your own actions and use greater than 0 brain cells on reflecting then you shouldn’t need to ask the question

3 Likes

how are people supposed to tell if you’re being rude to them or not
people can’t tell based on their lack of knowledge of you, and the internet setting increases that

I don’t know about you, but people know how to be hurtful by writting some words.

Im referring to the drama post
Which is something with discernible history and both parties would know about it

but would other people know?
it’s best to assume that they might

To actually answer what you said since I think I’m talking over you

Same way people tell if you’re doing anything else that’s not directly communicated
More or less they don’t
Schroedinger’s Joke wouldn’t be an internet staple otherwise

1 Like

In ethics in how to behave, I’ve heard that you need to assume that the other person doesn’t mean any harm.

so what’s wrong with asking?

Relative confidence yes

1 Like

It annoys me greatly

2 Likes

You can definetly ask somebody with why somebody’s sentence sounds kind of hurtful.

For example, I thought Conroy was being pretentious when I tried to greet him into the community, despite being in the community for ages :joy_cat: We had this conversation that really bugged me out as I thought he was just being unneccessarily being a jerk and hence me insulting him personally like twice. Though when I looked back it looked like I was actually overreacting :sob:

That’s one example of not knowing how somebody is like, so you would assume the worst in them when you think they’re acting like a jerk to you.

It’s reasonable behavior
Yet it annoys me anyway
If I thought these people would solve their problem without me strongarming it and potentially getting both angry at me, I wouldn’t have posted about it to get it off my chest
I’d have solved it

As for other people
I have relative confidence they can use their heads to solve their issues
They don’t need me to tell them that there’s a problem
That’s what I take issue with
That’s why it annoys me

2 Likes

thats just human condition
which is why its best to base your act around that