Hypocritical Rant on Empathy

Though you don’t have to know me personally to know when Silviu is being rude or when Silviu is being polite.

You never overreact
It’s either you being stupid or the other person trying to gaslight you

1 Like

Me falling asleep instantly after turning off my phone (it’s a good choice)

3 Likes

This is true.

2 Likes

Bruh

1 Like

I strongly believe this

1 Like

Thanks for saying that I am stupid Geyde :sob:

1 Like

No problem
Being stupid isn’t bad
You should try it
It’s my perpetual Geydestate

2 Likes

I mean, if you don’t count China the percentage goes down, not up.

1 Like

Does it help to bring it up in this way rather than
just talking to the relevant people? None of us here seem to know to what you’re referring so this seems like a bit misplaced. I suppose the relevant people might have seen and understood, but that’s also relatively unlikely, at which point to whose benefit is posting about this?

2 Likes

How? Other then that only really the southern parts of the world and maybe Russia doesn’t really use internet or barley.

Here in Canada we all use internet

1 Like

You do have to pay for it but like everyone I know uses it.

Amazing how this turned into a discussion thread on how widely available the internet is available in countries such as China.

2 Likes

Do people in Africa (except Algeria, Egypt, South Africa) have internet?

Wow Silviu, I can’t believe you’re this racist!

1 Like

No I’m 100% wondering the same thing.
I know in India there is internet though.

1 Like

I have 5 indian friends.

Do remember that Indian scammers are often these occupying with tech. So obviously they have internet

I’d guess that more than having trouble relating to people the root cause is having no need to show empathy; There are usually zero meaningful consequences online besides getting insulted or booted from the platform. Due to people not feeling as closely associated with their online reputation, many don’t take online insults to heart, and most platforms people can find a way back onto or didnt care about before anyhow. So maybe it’s because they just don’t care; they feel immune to anything anybody else on the internet/a platform is capable of, so they’ll do whatever they want, hence lacking empathy.

Although, naturally, everyone’s different and their reasons for acting any particular way will not be the exactly the same, but I this is what I’ve identified recently & in myself.

As for not showing empathy off the internet, I don’t think theres a few central reasons that can be pointed to, but I’m not ready to speak on that.

2 Likes

yes

Show me your african friends