Initiative to Improve Town Play in just 12 simple tactics.

You have a vote for a reason.
Use it.

I do but people don’t like the “9” one.

18 effective tips to lose belly fat (backed by science)

1 Like

Really? I think people don’t like 4 and 7.

people dont like doing those, true
its that people are denying that 9 is actually good advice

2 Likes

Eh. I don’t have any opinion on thread flow because I generally don’t pay attention to it unless I am scum.

As town, my entire mindset is:
If you have something to say, then say it.
If not, then do anything else.

1 Like

People don’t do 4 and 7 as much as they should.
I’m referring to what players have said here on this thread, taking about flow and that it sounds like something a mafia member would say or whatever.

@Silviu200530
A vote can be used in many ways.
Use it to your advantage.

1 Like

^
Ding Ding Ding
Someone’s feeling the “flow” here.

If I improve this way, got it.

My only fear now is getting lynched because it happened to me too much.

1 Like

can you write a thread on how to get worse at townplay, i read this and now i’m scared i’ll catch every wolf

11 Likes

Well you can’t catch wolves when you ain’t playing in the first place!

my strength is overflowing and soon games i merely spectate will be solved and the solve will telepathically reach all villagers

help

1 Like

a good basic principle, but:

be afraid to vote in certain situations, (the most obvious of which is xylo), but also if you believe someone’s close or possibly you may hammer

you should always be looking at everyone, but a poe is the people you believe are most likely to be scum, and thus are putting your effort into figuring out if they are. ignoring your poe won’t go to well, and focusing on everyone at the exact same level will either lead to Burnout or not paying enough attention to individuals who you should be

voting is a decent strategy, but if you’re unsure, wolves can definitely push an agenda based on who you thought was “best”, out of a small group of 2-3 you may not scumread

your vote is for town, your abilities are for town, and your wincon is for town

re-eval is useful, but only during times of non-emergency in terms of playing (nobody in thread, night, xylo), if people are in thread and you use your time to constantly look back at what they did instead of getting them to produce context now you can look back on, you generally end up with less information

Depending on the compromise you have to make

if you consistently insist that someone’s every wolfy behaviour is NAI, you will end up nowhere
you have to eventually point out something on such a player, and in that case, your meta may be useless or less

about 1/4 of the game is wolves
wolves usually have a good control over thread, or, at least, a quarter of control over whats happening
going against the thread’s wishes, conversations, talks, could all be useful or otherwise depending on the situation, the room needs to be read

It may be best to let them fester and communicate with others, especially ones who have the opposite read you do, to see how they will react: it’s always more useful due to when they’re talking to you, they’re always on the highest alert

1 Like

Fight back.
Prove your town.
Question why others are voting you.
See if any one of your voters might be using wolf agenda and call them out on your concern.

I don’t need to make a thread.
there are many threads at your disposal already.
Just look at the past FM games.

1 Like

I’m referring to the general PoE that the core of the game has.
Not your own, but you should still look everywhere and make sure your PoE is good or not.

I’ll stop you there.
It’s up to YOU to realize that and 180 push onto them.

Think of it like this.
Them acting wolfy = Null
Them acting Townie = Null

Find other ways to determine their alignment.

Yes, that’s correct. The flow could be wolf controlled so you need to smoothly redirect that flow onto the wolf and away from the wolves hands.

Eh.
It’s like perhaps that’s true.
I just remember a GOAT’ed game that I was about to carry and save town only to be the soul reason town lost cause I lost my confidence at the end.
Imagine voting for a wolf that your certain is either a wolf or the other player is and you start talking with that player, that wolf makes you lose confidence but you figure that regardless of them or the other player you are super confident on the other wolf and vote them and the other wolf too votes their partner just to switch last second during that EoD to tie the votes and get you executed.
Yeah it happened to me, if I didn’t show up during that EoD and stuck to my initial plan the game would have ended in a town victory during the end of the next day.

1 Like

Basically giving yourself limitations = Bad.

1 Like

There are obvious exceptions like Mech confirms.

I am doing all of these things and you can’t stop me