Initiative to Improve Town Play in just 12 simple tactics.

you should still consider it
but yes, looking outside of it is really useful, allows you to see those unsuspected, and sees the flaws in others arguments about non-poe’d or poe’d players

Some people are townread more then you, and since that’s being painted as suspicious, it’s likely you’d be called omgousing
or however its spelt

mafia is a game about social reads
you need to execute people you think are wolfy: in a non mech-heavy game, there’s no way around it

it was more your reread being flawed then your confidence

Wrong. That’s just how people do it.
As town your goal is to execute the wolves, doesn’t matter how you do it.

I was like “shit what if I’m wrong, is this the right move”, during that EoD I lost confidence on my plan.

I mean sure they still have to have something that can make them a wolf.

But there a many variations of wolfy behaviour and you need to look for the best one that could hit the wolf.

If the player is always wolfy and you vote them for it you might as well random execute everyone and have the wheeldecide decide the executions cause that’s basically what it becomes, a coin flip.

People can talk and act wolfy, but there are stuff that can indicate alignment outside of one’s words in post.
Theoretically it’s the actions they take cause as soon as the game starts the wolf’s decide and bend the game to their will.
So they do certain actions and make certain votes and reads to benefit them and it’s up to town to figured out what they are.

you find out whos wolf by figuring out whos acting like one

1 Like

I’ll be honest with you Atlas.
Sometimes town will act like a wolf twice as much as an actual wolf does.

1 Like

the only thing you have on those players is meta
and if they act equally wolfy every single game
you can’t tell

if you’re wolfy as town

most of the time you just need to improve your game
because otherwise you’re bringing down your team by both providing bad reads and not helping

Ask yourself why they are wolfy.
Are they making posts that are terribly constructive and their reads have little to no context?
Because I’ve seen that done by allot of town members in the past.
I’d expect wolves to be smart and make somewhat constructive posts to avoid sus and execution, and wolves do indeed do that.

1 Like

some wolves
some town act like wolves, and it crosses a point where its almost on purpose

kiiruma moment

1 Like

i still can’t believe that happened

I don’t disagree with this at all.
However there’s certain things to take into consideration.

1)Does that person want to improve/how much are they willing to change?
2)What if that persons having one of those days and so their posts show wolfy because of it.
3)The player could have just been making posts to try and achieve their win condition but didn’t realize it looked wolfy and now they are paying for it by being a top suspect

Probably more.

The point is, it doesn’t matter how wolfy someone is.
You can think the execution was good if you want to but ask yourself was a team member executed?
Yes.
Does that hurt your win condition?
Yes
The goal as town is to execute wolves, nothing about your win condition states “only execute those that are suspected and try not to be suspected”
That isn’t the win condition so regardless of how someone may seem or act, your win condition is your number one priority and if you can find something that can prevent that players execution and hope for them being town so town doesn’t get executed and instead wolves do you need to do it.

Of course there are exception to this if a towns execution gives information rather it be socially or mechanically but again, if all wolves die, you win.

1 Like

i don’t know what game you are referring to but i probably can believe it happened

how wolfy a player is matters for good players, who as town, will try to not look wolfy
for worse or less experienced, meta works, and usually so does wolfreading
its only specific cases where the former doesn’t particularly work, and those players have been around for a long time and don’t particularly seem to want to improve

or, at minimum, don’t put enough effort into improving, despite wanting to

I assume botf lmao

1 Like

i’ve played like 6 botf games
kii was only memorable from one, and thats only because he was evil

he stopped doing it at least a year ago

1 Like

Genuinely dont know then because iirc since returning kiiruma was always wolf

1 Like

ive played like 10 botfs and kii was memorable in like 5 of them
witch
imp
mez
shab
mez

3 Likes

yeah he’s actually been like… a main character in most botf games i’ve seen

atlas is trying to continue his streak of being wrong in botf (i don’t know if it’s actually a streak but it’s funnier to word it like this)

2 Likes