initiative to improve townplay

real talk time
i think the natural wolfsidedness of these forums is just a natural quirk of the layout
it’s auto updating infinite scroll
it never slows down and it sure as hell never stops
combined with some of the players with more psychotic natures (yes i am literally the problem) it naturally contributes to a highly chaotic threadstate that allows wolves to easily overtake the perpetually disorganized town
most people never re evaluate unless hard pressed to do so or forced into doing so by an emergency (even though being wrong on your top reads should naturally be the largest source of paranoia (yes i am STILL the problem)) or otherwise will rapidly bias theirselves into a corner where they can no longer re evaluate someone, even if they had formed that read far too quickly for it to be reliably accurate for one reason or another
the website is host to the perfect possible conditions for a wolf to play in and that’s probably never really something that can change (and also i fucking refuse to play on anything other than auto updating infinite scroll because i hate perpetually clicking refresh buttons of any kind)
on top of all of that a majority of the people on these forums are slightly

i don’t know how to put it
unique in playstyle?
namely the fact that most people who are reading this likely either suffer from fancy play syndrome, compulsive confbias, or a horrible, unfathomably contagious disease that forces you to do nothing but fluffpost constantly

i feel as though i’m following a straight line and yet i don’t know where i’m going with this anymore so i’m going to just pretend i’ve ended that conclusively
tldr; skill site issue
thank you for coming to my ted talk
and yes, i am literally every problem i had just described

5 Likes

i think this is the first time i have ever made a post with more than 20 lines of text

3 Likes

It is now the last

:gun:

2 Likes

was waiting for someone to say it lol

1 Like

so true bestie

theres also the fact that i feel like 90% of the players dont actually care about improving so the same shit ends up happening

i also have no idea why the majority of these people continue to play when they get the same crappy results

2 Likes

to be fair at least i make it a point to remember my fuckups so i can at least fuck up in a unique way every time

1 Like

because we wouldn’t have a site without em

nobody will ever chain in thread dayvig 3 town in a row and then later go on to do basically the same thing but somehow with a 15% hitrate before going on to doubtclear a tunneled wolf like me

3 Likes

this site is actually a hellscape where mafia sinners who have no desire to improve end up perpetually replaying the same shitty outcomes

4 Likes

its called playing for fun

mafia isnt meant to be a competitive esport is a party game

3 Likes

if this is a party game then i think we’d have cleaner games playing monopoly

3 Likes

yes but it doesnt even seem like they have fun doing it either lol

2 Likes

thats their problem

1 Like

looking back i’ve actually fumbled the entire game for my team like
a lot
holy shit

4 Likes

like if they were having fun i wouldnt expect them to repeatedly put the bare minimum of effort in, complain about how the same thing ends up happening, and then also make no attempt to improve

4 Likes

imagine doing that

1 Like

i mean like
i’ve been planted in an absurd amount of scenarios where i end up being the complete make or break for my team
and that the only number in my mafia statistics even approaching that is the amount of times i’ve fucked it up

1 Like

same except i’m the one that plants myself in those scenarios which is arguably worse

2 Likes

probably masochism or straight up brain rot

3 Likes