Mafia Championship Season 10 - We're invited! [Phase 2 Results, Shitpost phase]

you fail to see the consequences of your actions

that wasn’t intended to be rude, but i apologize nonetheless

italy made a good post about it somewhere but i doubt i’ll find it

you’re teaching me that modabuse is okay
i am an arete sponge
if you do something i assume it is morally good to do

having played on a loooot of websites in my time
us having like 50+ regularly active users pretty consistently over 5 years is incredible
i would struggle to think of another non-mu mafia site that can boast the same

okay only a small part of the post is relevant
but what i meant by small pond is not the number of players but the… weirdness of the players

people that have ““normal”” playstyles by MU standards would be in the minority on this site

also we have won the mafia championship and been in finals twice(? might be three times, but also windy was in semis last year too)
there is no real argument for ‘fol as a community sucks at mafia’ besides it being an old meme

MU normal is only normal on MU :joy_cat:
every mafia site is different

except the syndicate, they’re like MU-lite

no it’s not because the fol weirdness isn’t just one type of weirdness it’s an amalgamation of weird playstyles and quirks

welcome to america

no please

sorry mate, you’re pipped your last pip and honey nutted your last cheerio
embrace hamburgerland

what i’m basically saying is, by repping FOL you are basically repping america
god speed soldiers

Ah, it just makes me a little sad because I love the vibe of FoL and it has become my third home and it pains me for people to think I am here because I think it is beneath me or something.

I have had three ‘homes’ now in my mafia history. GameFAQs, which while a little backwoods boasts a MU champion of its own and a Champs Finalist and I don’t know how much more frightening some of those people would be if we had any sort of iso function tbh.

MTG:S which I think has some incredibly scary players in its hey day and I would rank that site against almost any in terms of fantastic play all around.

And here, which I think offers a pretty chill environment (most days) and I have had a lot of fun since Arete invited me trying to do some new things in my play. My most fun game here, Umineko, I felt had a stellar cast of players.

you know when you take it fully out of the context of my brain, it is significantly worse

i’ve played enough card gamers to know that i can defeat any of them in mafia, because they cannot read

I never played MTG funnily enough, just one of my GameFAQs buddies was playing there, invited me, and I stayed when he never played another game lmao.

(card games are fun tho skill issue)

A fate worse than death.

1 Like