Kaguya-sama: Love is War Mafia - Signups (17/17) [Filled!]

Kaguya-sama: Love is War Mafia

Welcome to Kaguya-sama: Love is War Mafia, a closed normal setup for 17 players.

Reviewer: Mistyx
Co-Host: nightingale

It was just a normal day at the student council at Shuchi’in Academy. Miyuki Shirogane, the student council president, ended up being the first to arrive after classes ended. He started to take the time to brew some tea, before tackling the endless amounts of paperwork he had neatly organized on his desk.

Before long, the other student council members began to trickle in. First it was Ishigami, and the two boys started to chitchat a little bit about their shared interest in manga. Iino soon arrived, and chastised the two of them for not setting a better example to the school’s underclassmen. Before too long, Kaguya herself stepped in with her graceful smile and helped herself to the president’s tea. It was a very relaxed and productive time in the student council room.

Until…

The doors to the student council room flew open, and out came Fujiwara, seemingly hyped up for no particular reason at all. It looks like she just came from the Tabletop Gaming Club, as she had a very visible box of cards with her.

“Let’s all play a social deduction game! Mafia! You have to find out who among ourselves is the evil killing mafia before we all die. We shall play this at once!”

“Mafia?” Ishigami asked. “Is that like Among Us? What will we be doing?”

“It’s simple!” Chika declared as she passed the cards face down to each of the student council members. "The majority of us will be the town, and a small number of us will be the evil mafia! All you have to do is look at your card and it will say if you are a villager or a mafioso. Villagers talk during the daytime and vote on a person to eliminate during the day, and the mafia converse with each other and figure out a person to kill at night!

I wonder who you will be, Ishigami?" Chika exclaims as she slides him his card. “Makihara introduced us to this game an hour ago and we ended up loving it! So we passed around cards to the entire student body so we can play one big game of mafia together!”

“EHHHHHHHHHHH?!?!??!?!?!?!”

Rules:

1. You may trust all information the moderator gives you. There will be zero bastard modding or false information.

2. Do not lie about real-life commitments. Similarly, do not question the validity of other players’ real-life commitments. If you will be inactive for a prolonged period of time, inform the game host and I will do my best to replace you.

3. Mafia is a game about making arguments, but it is not a roleplaying game. Don’t go overboard. Lies are part of the game. Attacking someone’s credibility is part of the game. Do not overdo it. Everyone signed up to have fun, so keep the game fun.

4. Mafia is a game of analysis - removing a player’s ability to analyze things is against the spirit of the game. Keep references that only a handful of players would understand to a minimum. Encoded messages, hidden text, and other such methods are a no-no.

5. Respect your fellow players, and their time. Don’t be a jerk. Do not threaten to or actually get intentionally modkilled. Do not directly insult your fellow players - attack their play, but not them as a person. Mafia is a social game, and you are playing with real people, not just names on a screen. Respect other players’ right to a good game. Give the game your best effort, no matter which team you’re on. Mafia games require a time investment, and if you sign up, you’re committing to spending that time and doing your part to contribute to a good game.

6. Do not edit your posts except to edit minor spelling/formatting mistakes. Do not edit any messages in private chats you may be posting in. Do not quote information directly from your role PM. Only living players may post in the game thread. Do not post in the game thread during the Night phase.

7. You may not privately communicate with anyone except the game moderator unless you’re specifically allowed to do so. This includes using systems outside the scope of the game to communicate something game-related. Any game-related questions should be asked via Discord or PM.

8. Do not use out-of-game information (such as Discord status/usage, other forum activity, other mafia activity, or real-life activity) to generate reads. Do not use out-of-game information to exert pressure or influence on this game. Do not mention out of game information in the context of explaining or speculating on a player’s alignment in this game.

9. Executions are majority and plurality. My/lylo (mis-execute and lose, execute and lose) will be announced at endgame, and votes will be locked then.

10. If you EVER have questions about the game, PM me or reach out via Discord (Prophylaxis#0650). I love having more ways to procrastinate, and caring to your every whim is one of my favorites. If you are confused, curious, or unsure about anything ever, let me know before doing anything. I will not respond to questions in the main thread unless I feel that it is necessary.

11. The Global Rules and Forum Game Rules apply.

12. Good luck, and have fun! This is not optional.

Game Info:

1. This game will have 48-hour Day phases unless majority is reached early and 24-hour Night phases.

2. This game will be of low-to-medium complexity and of power level.

3. No-execute is a valid vote, and may be hammered to end the day early. In cases where no-execute and another vote are tied at the end of the day, no-execute will have priority in the rand. In all other cases of a tie, the execution will be determined at random from among the tied players.

4. Self-votes are considered valid votes.

5. Make at least 15 game-related posts each day (unless day ends early). If you fail to meet this requirement, you might get replaced. For 0 posting in full game day I will force replace you without any questions.

6. Flavor/role claims are allowed. Do not quote information directly from your role PM. Flavor isn’t alignment indicative, but might be role indicative for some roles while being misleading or not role indicative for others. A player’s role PM will be revealed on flip.

Specifics

When referring to your role PM, you may directly refer to your character’s name, your role title, your character’s quote, and any parameters your abilities should have. You may not refer to your ability flavor, if you have any.

Please PM me if you have any questions about claiming.

1. Deadline for submitting actions is one hour before the end of the phase (whether day or night).

2. Players will receive action feedback as “Your action was successful” or “Your action failed”.

Win Conditions:
The town win condition is: Eliminate all threats.
The mafia win condition is: You win when your team controls the execution, or when such control is inevitable.

Players:

1. beancat
  2. lol
  3. Vulgard
  4. Achromatic
  5. Jackrito
  6. Zorvo
  7. Magnus
  8. Leafia
  9. Jaiden
  10. catbae
  11. mollylikesorigami
  12. thepigeonnyc
  13. Kanave
  14. Bunny345
  15. Phraze
  16. Demisha
  17. Marluna

Replacements:

1. Atlas
  2. WindwardAway
  3. TheBlueElixir
  4. Rhand
  5. CRichardFortressLies

Spectators:

1. Millium (informed)
  2. Jane
  3. ElizaThePsycho (informed)
  4. Silviu200530 (informed)
3 Likes

/backup

Low priority

I am seeking a co-host for this game.

If you would like to co-host, please indicate your interest here in the thread or PM me directly.

tenor
/in

4 Likes

Surgery went a lot better than expected :blobby:
Hope I got time to play this game

2 Likes

so youre claiming to have used your 1-use cop check on me me so that if i was a villager you would have advocated for tsubasa-san, the masoniser to add me his neighbourhood with you knowing that he trusted the deepwolf fujiwara-san and would inevitably attempt to masonise her the next night, dying and leaving us alone in a masonry

4 Likes

also yeah im interested in cohost
ask me again when its not midnight tho

1 Like

I don’t understand the game’s flavour. Is this a love story?

I’m a content crimson sun-down

1 Like

i have read the manga
/in

2 Likes

I have not read the manga.

/in

Hopefully I won’t regret it? And hopefully I won’t be frozen as town like in the last game I played.

For legal reasons: if my OP has a few exact same phrases as Proph’s OP, it’s because Proph borrowed them from me.

4 Likes

/Spec

/backup

Not sure if I can abide by this rule, mafia is a game about guessing and pretending you have reasoning for your guesses.

11 Likes

you should probably clarify that “quote” here does not mean using the forum’s quote feature

it was probably obvious but
just so there isn’t a technical loophole lol

2 Likes

I thought that was in global forum rules or something already which are always in place, but lol

I’d probably imagine specific > global.
Obviously don’t allow toxicity, but if a host allowed and encouraged angleshooting in one game, as an example, it would presumably be fine for that one game. Therefore, don’t make any obvious mistakes like that.

1 Like

global rules are always in place

global forum game rules are not always in place, the game’s specific rules take priority as magnus said

which would mean that thing i quoted would technically allow a loophole

2 Likes