Looking for the Global Rules? They can be found here.
The following rules are default and apply to all forum games unless the host explicitly states any changes.
- Do not angleshoot, cheat, or abuse loopholes in the rules. This includes using out-of-game information to your advantage. In addition, saying that you have a read that you cannot say because it would qualify as angleshooting or otherwise violate the rules qualifies as angleshooting and is not allowed.
- Do not weaponize hosts/moderators.
- Do not discuss replacements, concessions, modkills, rulebreaks, flags, or ignores/blocks. This includes voicing intent or pressuring other players to do so.
- Do not gamethrow or sabotage games. You are expected to play towards the win-condition that you have, not the win-condition that you want. Do not join games with the sole intent to troll.
- Do not edit posts in an attempt to gain an advantage. Editing minor spelling/formatting errors on your posts is allowed. Do not delete posts.
- As a player, any formatting tags or fonts that make your text much smaller or more difficult to understand than default are not allowed. (Including but not limited to: using more than one <small> tag in a single message, abusing colors to match theme backgrounds, etc).
- Do not like or create posts in a game if you are dead or not a player in said game. Do not post or like posts during twilight or night.
- Players may not use the poll or wiki features in a game. Do not link anything that can be edited, such as a google sheet or dynamic document.
- Please only speak English, and do not create or use cyphers.
- Do not quote or screenshot any PMs relating to the match. Fake images and quotes will be treated as if they are real. When referring to host or private communications always paraphrase, and do not provide timestamps.
- Do not discuss ongoing games outside of host-sanctioned threads. This extends to non-players as well.
- Do not strategically replace out or flake. Replacing out should only be done in the instance of an emergency or unforeseen event that renders you unable to continue playing.
- Do not use or develop AI programs to assist you in playing forum games. This includes the use of any sources of provable randomness in the thread such as public Discobot use.
- You may only use one account per game.
- Do not use a hydra/shared account without explicit host permission.
- You must create a minimum of 15 substantive, on-topic, game-related posts per phase.
- Do not pressure or trick other users into breaking any rules.
- Refrain from excessive use of appeals to emotion (ATE).
Breaking any of these rules repeatedly will result in a temporary or permanent forum game blacklist, depending on the severity and circumstances of the rulebreak. Some offences will result in an instant permanent blacklist.
The public moderation logs, which list blacklists, can be found here.
Report Forum Game rulebreaks by contacting any out-of-game moderator.