Kittens Game: Combinatorics Mafia - GAME OVER, TOWN WIN

joycat

1 Like

Wha

1 Like

joycat

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 47 hours. New replies are no longer allowed.

Marluna (8): SirDerpsAlot, Kiiruma, tutuu, Bionic, Frostwolf103, Zugzwang, Someone, Marluna
Kiiruma (8): SirDerpsAlot, tutuu, Bionic, Frostwolf103, Zugzwang, Someone, Marluna, Hippopablompoyeetus
Ash (8): Kiiruma, tutuu, Bionic, Frostwolf103, Zugzwang, Someone, Marluna, guavagudetama
Hippopablompoyeetus (1): SirDerpsAlot
tutuu (1): Kiiruma
Someone (1): Hippopablompoyeetus
guavagudetama (1): Hippopablompoyeetus

Not Voting (2): Ash, beancat

You have five minutes to correct any issues with this votecount.

Massping

@Zugzwang
@tutuu
@Ash
@Frostwolf103
@Marluna
@Someone
@Bionic
@Hippopablompoyeetus
@beancat
@Kiiruma
@guavagudetama
@SirDerpsAlot

2 Likes

You vote to jail Marluna, Kiiruma, and Ash.

The number of wolves within them is...

Two

Night 2 begins and will end 2024-03-06T21:00:00Z.

7 Likes

During the night, the mafia chose a beam.

The number of masons within their selected group is...

Day 3 begins and will end 2024-03-08T21:00:00Z.

Massping
1 Like

This topic was automatically opened after 18 hours.

hehe

This post has been scheduled to post at this time.

Hey everyone, I’m probably in class currently (though there’s a good chance I’ll go online anyway). Also don’t sheep this post too much because I’m posting it partially because I want to have an actual use for scheduling posts, and SOD is… pretty much the only practical case here.

So. After pondering at night I think Ash is most likely to be the town in the pool. It’s clear Kii’s nearly always wolf. As for Marluna vs. Ash though:

Ash

While Ash did vote Kii despite wolfreading him D1, his reasons for doing so, and the progression accompanying it, are better than Marluna’s.

Quite a bit before voting, we see this:

Then the vote:

Later:

The progression here is pretty clear, and Ash explained without being asked.

The other thing I like about Ash’s reasons are that, as I realized D2, there’s actually pretty good. Voting people who are unknown, alongside people who are towny, gives more information in the case of 0/3. And if you’re confident enough on your townreads or wolfreads, then you can conclude safely enough the unknown/wolfy person was wolf. Depending on the relative confidence of your reads, it’s sometimes better to get a 1/3 with 2 townreads and 1 null/wolfread, than it is to get a 0/3 with 3 townreads. If you already were certain those 3 people (in the 0/3) were town… you haven’t actually learned anything from a mech confirm.

Marluna

As for Marluna. She initially voted Kii/Tutuu/Me, and when I asked her reason:

Votecount at the time:
Zugzwang (7): Someone, beancat, Zugzwang, Kiiruma, tutuu, Bionic, Marluna
tutuu (6): Someone, Zugzwang, Kiiruma, tutuu, Bionic, Marluna
Kiiruma (5): beancat, Kiiruma, tutuu, Bionic, Marluna
No Prisoner 3 (1): Someone
Someone (1): beancat

Not Voting (5): Ash, Frostwolf103, Hippopablompoyeetus, guavagudetama, SirDerpsAlot

Considering there are 3 wolves, this isn’t sound at all - it’s very possible 2 or 3 of the people making this decision were in fact the wolves.

Later, there’s this:

Given this, we know that Marluna believed it’s a 0/3, to some greater or lesser degree. This in itself isn’t too strange, but voting purely because it’s consensus is. There isn’t a town reason to be so ambivalent.

Also, Marluna probably shouldn’t trust Kii that much, considering that Kii also was wolfreading her.

Now, assuming the masons haven’t been guessed, we have a lot of guesses available with the same worst case, some of which are detailed below:

One such guess is two people from Kii/Marluna/Ash, and one from outside - so yes, we could go for a win today, without sacrificing a guess in the worst case scenario.

Another guess is splitting the remaining players 3/3, as mentioned yesterday. More interestingly, we could also split them 4/2, with the 2 being 2 wolfy people.

We could also check an individual player in Kii/Marluna/Ash, hoping to get full confirmation there.

2 Likes

idk if ur allowed to schedule game related posts that feels kinda cheeky lmao

Yeah I agree its marluna/kii i think

Witness me

Well, that makes things easy.
VOTE: Marluna
VOTE: Kiiruma

I feel like that’s the best use case for scheduling posts?
Like, why go through all the hassle otherwise?

1 Like

not me being online 2 minutes later anyway

but yeah they said it was fine as long as I marked them as clearly scheduled (though they will decide for the long-term after this game)

2 Likes

ngl im like actually shocked that that was a 2

Idk fmpov in a mash its pretty sus if people can start scheudle ita shots at start of its windows, for example

I have returned from my conference and I am ready to contribute once again

2 Likes

It certainly makes our lives easier.

1 Like