Monster Mistery: Chapter 0: Escape.

“Correction. It appears I will have to continue suffering.” (Altruist!Zone)

“Let’s be real here: It’s probably for the best, because otherwise Mr. Muscle would take over the wheel and let the participants die.” (Merchant!Zone)

Thought Process

*Altruist has entered the thread*
*Mr. Muscle has entered the thread*
*Merchant has entered the thread*
*Hedonist has entered the thread*

Hedonist: “Oh. Oh, yeah. Zone’s fucked. LMAO. We’re dedge. We’re so doomed once we get back.”

Merchant: “Not quite. This might be a fortuitous moment for us. I dare say this might be the best opportunity to learn from our mistakes! After all we can–”

Mr. Muscle: “Bah! This and that doesn’t matter. In the end, we are ultimately weak as hell, and we still can’t perfect clear this chapter without perfect knowledge.”

Altruist: "Which is why [REDACTED]"

Hedonist: “Nuh-uh! No spoilers, Alty! Other peepo have to fuck up as big as Merry did if they wanna know what’s happening on our end~!”

Merchant: “I agree with Hedonist. Though… Did you really have to say it like that? You could’ve just not mention the part where I–”

Mr. Muscle: “Enough talking! There is no benefit in revealing information, and spoilers are no fun anyway! Let’s go back.”
*Mr. Muscle has left the thread*

Merchant: “Cheers. Godspeed, Altruist.”
*Merchant has left the thread*

Altruist: “…Hedonist, are you not going back with them?”

Hedonist: “I will. I just want to see your disappointing face a little bit longer~ :yum: Welp. As Merry said before, good luck Alty! Don’t mess it up like Merry did~!”
*Hedonist has left the thread*

Altruist: “Sigh… If you don’t hear anything from us (in particular, ‘me’) in the next 48 hours, then I would have most probably been assimilated with Merchant. Good bye, everyone.”
*Altruist has left the thread*

–and that is pretty much what’s been happening to me over the past week. I don’t know whether this actually keeps me sane or turns me insane, but it sure does take up a lot of time. orz

So, it turns out I had a misunderstanding. A reasonable understanding, mind you.
I pretty much understand… ‘everything’, but… damn. F*** the south.

When things go south!

…what would be the inversion?

Hot to cold. Depth to height.
Blindness to extrasensory. Drag to slippery.

All things considered, I stand by what I said.
F*** the south.

Krytal (Leafia) escaped.
She saved her game.

2 Likes

You are right… I really should have used a mountain instead of the swamp…

…that is not what I meant when I said ‘depth’, but it’s good to see that you are inspired. :+1:

I’m officily the first one to gain the lizardman’s trust as confirmed by Marluna. ^_^

2 Likes

Congratulations!
…I am never getting that. I am off to another path. One that may never end.

2 Likes

Thanks and good luck Zone.

1 Like

Hi. Spoilers here.
I found out what happened.
Unfortunately, that’s all I can say.

Found out what happened? Not sure what you mean by that exactly.

I found out what happens to anyone who approaches the south.
Hence, f*** the south.

Ah. I see.

Wait a minute. Is that… a mishap?
If it isn’t a mishap, then it’s a hint.
However, if it is a mishap… then betrayal must be the trigger, somehow.

Huh? What’s a mishap or a hint?

I don’t know whether this counts as a spoiler or not… so I have to keep talking in cryptic.
But… you have already saved your game, so I don’t even think you can ‘find’ it anymore.

–also, I just realized that my notes were wrong. Silviu’s attempts are gold mines of information; they confirm the existences of the early constants, and suggest the existence of another constant of a later time. I have noticed the existence these constants a couple days ago, and I was wrong about the early constants. There was not one; but two of them. I so focused on one constant, that I didn’t even notice there were two of them!

I want to investigate and research the later constants, but… because I interfered with the early constants by showing my hands too early to everyone, I don’t think I will ever find out the details the later constants unless I “spend timelines” to let people die, which feels… “unethical” and “morally wrong”, but the issue is that they… They [REDACTED].

There is no way that I am going to stop hunting for information, but I don’t know when to stop. Part of me was already burnt out, but then he had to continue suffering due to “unforeseen circumstances”. Eventually, “I” burned out myself, and dropped my masks. Without them, I don’t know what is and is not right.

WARNING: Disturbing Thoughts

“I want everyone to survive,” but
“I cannot ensure everyone survives without knowing more about them”, and
“to obtain more information, I need to ‘spend’ timelines ‘researching’ them.” However,
“this mindset of ‘toying with the timelines’ does not feel ethical; not ‘morally correct’.”

“I want everyone to survive,” but
“I can no longer save this and that person,” so
“I want to survive with as many people as possible,” but
“I cannot :eye: control :eye: everyone’s actions,” because
“I don’t understand them enough,” and thus
“they keep dying one after another.” …at one point,
“I gave up on saving everyone”, and
“just tried to save as many as I can.”

…is it truly as simple as that? [REDACTED]
Was the answer before my very own eyes all along?

No… If such was the case, then why did they die? No… rather, it should be: How did they die? George was with them in that timeline, and nobody died until much later in another timeline, and the deaths of that timeline is not at the same time! I am missing a piece of information… There is a trigger to this constant, and I don’t see it yet.

Just like the early constants, the trigger is based on interactions. They can be prevented based on the knowledge we grant at the participants; we are the biggest variable. However, in order to give the correct information, we must first understand their context. Given my lackluster pool of knowledge… it’s not enough. I cannot finish this mystery with only one half of the answers.

…in the end, I need to research them after all. :eyeglasses:

I see. Well, I already escaped and I’m not planning on any future attempts to better my score.

I do admire the research that you’re doing with this though Zone.

1 Like