One Step From Eden JK9 - Town wins!

also no i wasn’t

1 Like

I logged online to check if EOD was today, because the Hosts didn’t add a countdown to their game. It doesn’t end today, but I’m not feeling sleepy. I am not helping matters for myself, but I can definitely respond to 11 posts.

If either of you could, I’d appreciate adding the countdown (timed thread lock) so people can know when it is at a glance. Thanks.
@Amelia @Wazza

See I would, but the thread lock refuses to be set to the correct time for me.

2 Likes

I had a similar issue in XVI. You can manually set it to be however many hours/minutes away, and it shows what time that would be for you.

This is a weird response from Leafia. “The only reason it isn’t worse is for this reason, but that doesn’t make it better.” Holding a scumread at L-2 early in the day is fine.
I think while Leafia logically knows there are only two Mafia, she’s thinking as though there are more. She did this earlier up here:

When Furtive pointed this out a response, Leafia didn’t really seem to change gears in her thinking.

Like what?

BradLand (3): furtiveglance, ElizaThePsycho, IcetFeelsPain
Jarek (1): Jaiden
furtiveglance (1): BradLand
IcetFeelsPain (1): Leafia
Jaiden (1): Zorvo

Not Voting (2): May, Jarek

Strongly advocate for a counterwagon, and given the rush of votes D2 they bussed? In the event of Brad being Mafia, I mean.

Would that mean Jaiden is Brad’s partner?

Is this you biting back against being suspected by one of your scumreads when you townread May, or do you believe the post is illogical?
If you took the names out of the picture, if it was talking about other people you didn’t know, would you say the reasoning is faulty or applying it now is opportunistic? I’m trying to narrow down your answers.

Alright. Would you say Jaiden felt real in the aftermath of Zorvo flipping Town and you now having a scumlean on her slot?

I’ll own the bit about keeping my options open. I wasn’t here yesterday, so I wouldn’t have the same grasp on the game as anyone else here would. Jarek didn’t have much of a presence, so I’m effectively starting late.

I also figured a wolf would want to keep their options open, as I am doing here, and Furtive is tunnelled on Brad in a way that looks more likely to come from a villager than not, at least to me. Scrounging up evidence as it pops up to scumread Brad further, and this dead silence after a presvote is really the last straw. With two evils alive, I also didn’t think a wolf would attack their partner so early, nor do I think the other wolf would lie down and take it.

So yeah, this has been accounted for.
You could easily fake a scumread on your partner, they could fake irritation about being voted and voting your teammate back, if they pretty much agreed on killing one of them ASAP in a jailkeeper game.

So why did Brad want to survive?

You said this and posted your readlist anyway, in the same post. I like this a lot.

1 Like

I posted the VC in my early post, to show what it was like at the time.
Brad voted Zorvo with less than a minute to EOD, and I’m guessing within the last few seconds of the day. The day ended with Brad and Zorvo tied with three votes, and Jaiden had one vote. She wasn’t in danger of going over, so Brad wasn’t voting to save Jaiden.

May pointed this out earlier. I meant D1 and D2 respectively.

You’re saying it’s NAI for Brad to vote elsewhere in an attempt to survive. I agree.
It’s AI for Brad to vote elsewhere after not really speaking much the first day, on someone he didn’t mention having a scumread on. If he figured he was going to put in the effort to make up for killing a vocal player, he would’ve done so by now. It looked like he mostly cared about wasting time, which is scummy.
(Could you outline your current towncase on Brad, with regards to his D2 silence? ISO Brad? I’d want to hear your perspective on why he’s Town in your eyes.)

Yeah, I don’t think you are. I was making a joke about how you hadn’t popped up in thread since I had replaced in.

1. As mentioned previously, I’d like for you to outline a more specific read on Brad when you get the chance.
  2. Jaiden voted Brad first, Furtive voted almost immediately afterwards, Ice voted 20 minutes later. Ice said it would be funny if Eliza voted, an idea she first broached, and Jaiden encouraged Eliza to vote, but was keenly aware of 5 being the majority. Ice retracted his vote, and Furtive later asked Ice and I to vote Brad. Still, quickhammering Brad would require three villager votes at most; do you think Mafia thinks we think killing Brad immediately is a good idea?
    …Well, I could see it, but the correct answer is no.

Townreading a player for mindmeld is okay, it’s fairly innocuous. These are okay reads, although I’m noticing a pattern here that you haven’t had solid impressions on these players.

What do you think my read on Ice is?

Alright.

Noted. What changes about your readlist is Brad flips W?

At this point, Brad not speaking is a scumclaim. I pinged him twice because I didn’t want a villager to give up on the thread, and I know that he could’ve been doing that. The way I see it, a villager should’ve responded.

Sweet!

Perhaps. I’m not convinced they’re a difference check, if Leafia’s a wolf playing into this, but knowing her playstyle I would’ve expected Leafia to wash her hands clean of an outed partner and try to go deep.

Putting me in a box, eh?

There’s a minimum post count specified in the forum game rules.

Jarek and I are the same person.
I’m okay with this readlist presently.

MY BAD I MEANT JAIDEN NOT JAREK

2 Likes

Not really commenting on this right now, but this would be a funny reveal given Zorvo’s shot in the dark D1 no post read.

Assuming you meant Jaiden.

I’d rather burn through 150 posts first, please and thanks.

Checks out. Good response.

Gutread then?

yeah his vote was bad so I voted him

This vote is reminiscent of your vote on Frost, only way earlier in the day. What makes this vote objectively different fypov?