Osie's 18th Circle of Hell Game Thread - Game Over

this game model can burn

5 Likes

man i wish u voted me :sob:

Dead/Informed/Postgame Chat:

As the world moved on, the purpose of creatures that large started to fade. After all, what good does being large do when you need to take in so much to maintain it?

That’s what I originally thought.

This game is lightning in a bottle. A game so aggressively confusing that even the hosts needed to talk for several hours on topics such as ‘how does the game actually run’

Ok all jokes aside Gojira not popping up earlier was why this game sucked don’t @ me

4 Likes

i didn’t want to throw my own wincon to try and win as cult, but tbf i should have realized that treereaper was town and thus i’d have no chance of winning with my current wincon, so meh

i still don’t really care though, winning as a cultist in the last phase of the game with a CL who both had no relevance to the game and was more or less handed a free win would have sucked anyway

it’s like getting converted to a win in ToL, you don’t do anything to help your final faction win so it doesn’t even feel like a win /shrug

4 Likes

Tbf we didn’t exactly plan for both the moon AND the meteor to land, just joked about it.

1 Like

where did the meteor come from?

well that happened

1 Like

did you guys wotm out the different length day/night phases

yes

FryLO since Sudden Death hadn’t happened.

im not convinced this game was real

5 Likes

Post-Game Thoughts:

I think despite some of the in-media-res reactions, people had a lot of fun with this game and it was a memorable giant mess of an experiment of a mafia game. The game took a reasonable amount of time as expected. Fewer of the rules showed up than intended, but that’s okay. I think from beginning to end the game was mostly solid mechanically.

Outside of a couple of moments, the playerbase was also solid. In retrospect given the playerbase and hosts, I think I should have amped up anticlaim, made that part very obvious, and removed some of the faffing around. But for being more than a bit rushed at the last minute, I am proud of how the setup turned out.

I have the start of some post-game thoughts on how the various mechanics went, but it’s still unfinished. I’ll probably post some of them.

Oh and thanks @katze for showing up as an imaginary friend (even though I paired you with the wrong person).

5 Likes

if i had to summarise my thoughts about this game as concisely as possible

it’d probably be something along the lines of… that the design ambition exceeded the possibility of any feasible coherent implementation, and many features seemed to just be thrown in without much reason or coherence with… anything

8 Likes

even so, i commend the effort put into hosting the dumpster fire

6 Likes

that’s what clown fiesta is for

2 Likes

Pretty much.

1 Like

Gg all :slight_smile:
I told a joke!

Game must be bastard

1 Like

also there was the problem with how literally all starry role scum could be caught by asking for wincon

i did this immediately but due to sheer number of them claiming a different wincon to the ones outlined i side-eyed it until they all started flipping scum

3 Likes

Seriously though gg just realized how that sounded

1 Like