Pathologic Invitational - TOWN VICTORY!!

this may just lose to vulgard/nokiel

Let’s see, I guess

Final Day 4 Votecount

Lemonfairy (3): Arctic, Nokiel, Kanave
Vulgard (2): May, Lemonfairy
Kanave (1): Vulgard

Lemonfairy was eliminated!

Lemonfairy's role

Beak

“Also known as the Executor, the Orderly, a physical manifestation of the plague itself. It appears as though the plague has a mind of its own, as if it is driven by some irrepressible will. Why else has no one managed to fight it successfully? Why does it target the most precious aspects of our existence? The Sand Plague picks its victims fastidiously—and the same principle always draws it back to whoever tries to oppose it.”

Beak

Mafia Poisonous Goon

Every night, you can choose to infect a player with the plague. They will die at the end of the following day phase.

You also have a 2-shot fake poison that you can use alongside your main ability, falsely informing a player that they have been infected.

You win when there is no way to prevent your team from achieving majority.

Arctic succumbed to the infection!

Arctic's role

Grace

“She cares immensely for the dead people, as she is able to hear their voices even after their burial. She sings songs and recites poetry to the deceased to soothe their souls, claiming that there is no faction more helpless nor lonelier than the dead.”

Grace

Vanilla Town

Your only powers are your voice and your vote.

You win when all members of the mafia have been eliminated.

Night 4 begins and will end in 12 hours: 2022-12-05T16:00:00Z

massping

A panacea was found, and the Town was saved from the Sand Plague. Mother Earth had been soothed, and after administering the cure, the black flakes and infection clouds disappeared and didn’t come back. But it’s not over yet. There’s still someone who’s plotting to take advantage of the outbreak and the chaos it caused. Someone who wants the Town harm.

Kanave died during the night!

Kanave's role

Aspity

“A mysterious being. Nobody knows how Aspity came to the town. The consensus is that she must’ve come from the Steppe, and that she isn’t human—a golem the Steppe created.”

Vanilla Town

Your only powers are your voice and your vote.

You win when all members of the mafia have been eliminated.

Day 5 ends 2022-12-07T04:00:00Z

The game is in LyLo, therefore majority is enabled. Votes are not locked.

Well, good morning, everyone.

One way or another, I’m going to have to make a decision here, and unfortunately I am currently full of nausea and classwork, so I don’t know how good my ability to do so is. I’m going to go get out of bed and eat breakfast and so on.

Alright, personhood achieved, time to play mafia.

Ultimately, the way Lemon was playing yesterday felt… apathetic. I’ve seen her being voted many times before, and every single one of them, she has this feeling of desperation, like she’d do anything to stay alive, and while I felt like she had that for a little bit yesterday, it seemed to fade away once it became clear that the last two wagons would be between her and Vulgard.

Once she places that Vulgard vote, thirty minutes to EoD, this is all she says. A snarky comment and a goodbye. She didn’t try to convince anyone to switch over to Vulgard, she didn’t say… anything game-related at all, really, and I think that’s because the wagons were between two wolves.

If she were with Nokiel, Vulgard dying would be an instant win, and she’s not even… trying to go for it? This isn’t the behavior of someone who’s losing by one vote, it’s the behavior of someone who knows they’re the more valuable death for the day, since she was the poisonous goon.

Like, looking at her posts before this point:

She seems much more motivated here (and in the posts afterward, I won’t quotewall them all) when she’s trying to argue for a Nokiel vote. Not as motivated as she is when she’s town, but still, like she actually doesn’t want to go over.

VOTE: May

Arctic said Lemon was not with Nokiel. Arctic killed a wolf yesterday while I was trying to save one.

I’m choosing to trust him.

@Nokiel Hammer if you’re mafia. If you aren’t, please vote May, but no pressure. I will argue why I am the villager.

Looking at the votecounts:

These aren’t all that informative, especially given the last game I played with Vulgard, in which the votecounts were all over the place - the wolves stacked all the time, so I don’t think Lemon and Vulgard being on the same train during D1 counts for much, if anything.

The one thing that Lemon/Vulgard leaves fairly unexplained is Lemon’s EoDs, where she seemed to be working really hard to save Nokiel… I’m going to have to look back over those specific days to see if there was any motivation for a Lemon aligned with Vulgard to do that, but not right now, as I’ve got to leave for class.

The main case for why my slot is town is the way yesterday went. Wolves tried to ML me over Lemonfairy. I’m not sure why they didn’t just vote Kanave, considering the fact I literally wasn’t awake and it would’ve been a 3/3 split (putting them at rand instead of a wolf always dying), but I just argued why Lemonfairy wasn’t a wolf based on the nightkills and it completely flopped, so I’m not going to argue that May/Lemonfairy not voting Kanave instead of me makes them unpaired. Arctic had Lemonfairy/Nokiel as not W/W yesterday and he correctly pushed for Lemonfairy, meaning he was much more correct about the game than I was.

It’s worth noting that if Nokiel is a wolf, them switching to me at EoD would’ve won the game for the wolves. It would’ve been 3/2 in favor of my wagon, and I wasn’t awake to stop it. Nokiel didn’t do that. Now, I’ve been pretty wrong in regard to “what wolves would do,” and Nokiel is a newbie, but Nokiel would surely realize that they can win the game right here and now. And if they wouldn’t, Lemon would tell them as much. Lemon was clearly trying to survive with that final, sudden push on me. Before then, she also has a push on Nokiel.

And then suddenly votes me after townreading me the entire game before then.

Goddamn, all the pressure is on me, huh?

May being on me also runs counter to their previous theories that I’m only a possible partner with Eliza. They had to vote me because I was the only available ML. I actually wasn’t, because Kanave was right there, but I don’t think Nokiel is a wolf after this and so I basically have it mechconfirmed that it’s Lemonfairy/May. You know, the team I embarrassingly tried to prove wasn’t the team yesterday. Thankfully Arctic didn’t listen.

I really don’t know why they didn’t just vote Kanave, but I guess that when Lemonfairy went to sleep and May was in the thread, May couldn’t switch to Kanave anymore or it would’ve been outing. You either bus Lemonfairy at that point or stay on me and hope someone switches, which was certainly possible, as Arctic did doubt me.

Yeah, well. If you’re mafia, I’m basically handing you the win right here. But if you’re town, then please, trust me. I’m town. I was just horrifically wrong the entire game and was torpedoing our chances of winning the whole time.

Actual hall of fame of terrible takes. This one read stifled our progress for the whole game.

And this one too. I won’t deny the fact I feel extremely guilty, but I’m not going to wallow in self-pity. I just want to show that I didn’t decide to wolfside incredibly hard and pretend it didn’t happen. I think I played an absolutely terrible game.

I just don’t want to be the game-losing ML on top of that. I’ve struggled with being able to towntell for a very long time and I’ve already nearly become the game-losing ML in a final 4 scenario. This is final 3, and last time I was in final 3, I was town and I voted a villager. This time, I now have it mechconfirmed that May is the wolf because Nokiel hasn’t hammered despite checking in after my vote. So the only thing I need to do is towntell for once despite being the wolves’ greatest asset for the entire game and towncoring both mafia.

…And Nokiel, I’m really sorry. I am. All the dead villagers I pushed, too. I feel really ashamed. I did basically everything to win the game as a wolf… the problem is that I am not a wolf.

Arctic probably thinks I’m the wolf, doesn’t he. And me bringing up his name probably makes him tunnel me even harder.

I can’t blame him. I literally tried to prevent him from winning the game yesterday, lol.

My interactions with Lemonfairy later into the day yesterday

Might help.

Also.

And these posts from May, especially the bolded, are setting up for my ML. I was the designated ML yesterday as my Kanave push failed. It just didn’t work because Arctic was there and he convinced Kanave to vote Lemon instead of me. If you re-read the way things went at the end of the day phase, you’ll notice this is true.

…Arctic stayed awake until what I believe is 4 AM in order to save the game. I’m just realizing this, lol.