Pathologic Invitational - TOWN VICTORY!!

Lemon, could I ask you the same?

ask me what?

i’m a way better wolf

i think this is a pretty common take if you were to ask around. not… necessarily because i’m a good wolf! just because i’m a bad villager!

well i’ve played with her like twice
the first time we both got n1’ed and i hardly read her posts (but i scumread her incorrectly lol)

the second time was last game where i wasn’t trying to solve her alignment because i was a wolf

but regardless, i did realize like, right after i made that post it was likely just an RT and reading the framing of the post again made it even more obvious. so i feel dumb for not immediately realizing but like, it could have been worse y’know?

2 Likes

wait nvm

I would say, compared to my towngame, I’m a lot more careful and thoughtful about what I say as wolf (and as a result, I have less fun). I also care a lot more about how I’m being seen in thread so not being townread bothers me more. Although in my past few games as town I have also cared more about people townreading me b/c I felt that I was obvtowning enough that I should be townread but now I kind of get that it’s not really that people are townreading me less despite me being townier, but more that initially, people just assumed that I was a noob player because I didn’t play regularly but now that I’ve been more active and shown that I am capable of being solvy, I have to match or go beyond that every game to actually obvtown so it’s less their problem for not seeing me as towny when I am being towny but more that I was being measured against a lower standard before.

omg what is this monstrosity I just typed up

1 Like

Atlanta Symphony Orchestra

Singing for the Polar Express concert

2 Likes

see, I am also a bad villager but I’ve felt that in my past couple of games as town, I’ve been towny to the extent that I don’t think I can mimic the same kind of solving and thinking process as a wolf
and I’m scared to keep continuing to town it up harder with every game because at some point, my wolf game will just be incredibly obvious if I’m not able to match that level of attempting to solve as a wolf
but we’ll cross that bridge when we get there ig :wowee:

ok, yeah this checks out

I didn’t really want to say anything obvious in case it someone would interact with it like they were supposed to but ig me saying anything at all kind of ruined it idk
this convo was bound to come up eventually

idk how easy it would be for May to fake the same thing as mafia (they fake it as town anyway) but it looks pretty good so far?

wow exciting
glgl

2 Likes

just got a pop-up from discourse telling me I’m posting too much and asking if I wanted to hear from other people :wowee:

4 Likes

two types of people

ehh. the level of solving is something about my town game i can fake. what i would say makes the difference between my town/wolfgame is how much i actually care but i think last game i did care quite a lot about trying to win. so the best metric i’d offer is probably to look at how linear my approach is and whether or not i’m considering new angles. i think i’m more open minded as town (when i’m not tunneled, of course)

eh… it’s not worth tanking 75% of your experience just to make the 25% a little easier. if anything you’ll be forced to level up your wolf game, so i would take it in stride if i were you

i’m inclined to say that (even if they were to eventually admit it was an RT) they would not have the balls to make a post that… egregiously bad in their first actual forum wolf game. but eh, this is probably more dependent on personality

1 Like

ElizaThePsycho (1): May

Not Voting (10): Aelin, Arctic, beancat, ElizaThePsycho, Jar, Kanave, Lemonfairy, Nokiel, Vulgard, Whysper

Hi there :ayaya: Just checking in after morning/mid-day activities. Kind of skimmed this but will look more closely later and try to post later today

1 Like

Maybe go ahead and answer this

I guess now that I’m in a US time zone, hoping for more chances to get into real-time conversations with people in the game. Been looking forward to that.

Also want to take it more seriously in looking at the logic of points that people present

this is wolf arctic

yeah i can’t read any of that
lol
if you spaced it out a bit i could but

first townread of the game, that was easy

1 Like

lemonfairy is such an obvious villager actually holy shit
never kill her this game

your playstyle the last few games has suffered from you not really doing anything for the first couple of days
as harsh as it sounds it’s just true, as someone who’s seen it both as town and as mafia
it’s really hard to read into because it’s difficult to tell if you’re just waiting around as mafia for town to kill itself or if you’re genuinely trying to piece the game together until you get the solve late into the game

1 Like

you literally just pushed eliza for the same thing, in the same timeframe, for almost exactly the same reason, as town in the previous game you played with her
this is obviously a fake push but you didn’t even try to make this look good smh

1 Like

disagree

relatable

1 Like

VOTE: Arctic