Planets Tracker9 - Day 4 (2/9) - Mafia Win!

Day 3 Final VC

Player Votes Voted By
Marluna 3/3 Lucky, Hermes, Marluna
Not Voting 2 Aleph, Litten

@Marluna has been executed! They were:

Uranus, Mafia Goon

You are Uranus, Mafia Goon. You and your partner share an assigned factional kill, which must be used every night.
Reach parity with the Town.

Night 3 begins and will be extended to end at a consistent time: 2022-05-19T21:00:00Z.

Actions will lock 1 hour before the end of the night.

EoD3 Flavor

“Wow, this one is sideways,” said Chloe, as the next planet on their list came into view.

“Is it actually sideways, or are the rings just like that?” asked the Communications Officer.

“It’s actually sideways,” said Chloe. “See, look, it’s rotating at a totally bizarre angle, relative to the plane it’s orbiting in–”

“That’s too mathy for me,” said the Communications Officer. “How’s the probe doing?”

Arete frowned, looking at the monitor. “Well, you can see the surface pictures for yourself,” they said. “Its surface is really weird – kind of like the big gassy one we went to first, but the chemical composition is totally different, and it looks like it has more liquid as well.”

As the probe drew in closer, it began to transmit data back to the ship. Troposhere pressures: 0.1 bar - 100 bar. Troposphere composition: layers of methane, hydrogen sulfide and ammonia, ammonium hydrosulfide, hydrogen hydoxide. Tropopause effective temperature: 59.1±0.3 K.

“This doesn’t really seem livable,” said Arete. “We can’t breathe the atmosphere, the pressures would crush us, the temperatures would freeze us, and the planet doesn’t really even have a proper surface. Chloe, confirm?”

Chloe nodded. “We’ve been making lots of progress on surviving in extreme environments, but this is like the difference between falling off of a meter-high wall, and falling off of a building.”

The captain blinked with all three of xyr eyestalks in unison. “Preliminary investigations suggested it was highly likely to be habitable. Let me see the data … wow, this is completely different.”

The Communications Officer swallowed. “Are you saying this is one of the planets with sabotaged data?”

“I think it must be,” said the Captain. “Everyone, on high alert, I’m sending a report back home.”

The spaceship approached its next planet, a cloudy yellow-orange planet orbiting nearer to the sun than any they had yet visited. Lightning storms laced its surface as turbulent winds moved its clouds.

“I’ve got to say, this is a little ominous,” said Chloe.

“Well, it’s not inherently a bad thing,” said Arete. “The lightning storms could be used as an electricity source. But yeah, I’ve got to say, things aren’t looking great.” They patted the outer casing of their probe as they prepared to launch it. “Be safe, alright?”

The probe dove from the ship towards Venus’s atmosphere. Its visual output was clouded by the thick atmosphere as it pressed on towards its rust-colored surface. As the probe touched down, it began transmitting readings back to the ship. Surface Temperature: 740 K... Surface Pressure 93 bar...

Arete frowned, flipping to another camera, this one directed at the outside of the probe. Despite their best attempts at constructing the probe, they could see it straining under the pressures, and some of the components seemed to be weakening in the heat.

“Maybe we could still survive if we proximaformed it enough?” said Chloe. “Or if we set up habitability domes, or something. The preliminary scans did suggest the possibility of unicellular life. What’s the atmospheric composition look like?”

Arete fiddled with some buttons on the probe. 96.5% carbon dioxide, 3.5% nitrogen. Clouds of sulfur dioxide above the surface.

“You know, I think I take that back,” said Chloe. “Maybe we’ll have better luck on the last three.”

With a final, pained look at the probe, which was starting to buckle under the pressure, Arete nodded. “I concur.”

@Litten died in the night! He was:

Venus, Town Tracker

You are Venus, Town Tracker. Every night, you may target a player to learn who they visit that night.
Defeat the Mafia.

Day 4 begins and will end in 48 hours, at 2022-05-21T21:00:00Z, or earlier if a majority is reached for execution. With 3 players alive, majority is 2.

IT IS LYLO. VOTES ARE LOCKED. YOUR FIRST VOTE IS FINAL AND CANNOT BE CHANGED.

Massping

@Aleph
@Hermes
@Lucky

Hmmmmmmm
I wonder who it is. :rofl:

boozed up

do i flip a coin to decide this hrm

good idea ak
flip a coin in lylo while wasted

i am very smart

yes i just lost 50 buvk in online poker
yes i’m tilted

@Marluna if ur plan was to ragequit via selfvote to frame me lol nice play

regardless maf prob has this as tbh

ive been on a bender these past few irl days

I mean if Hermes for some reason wanted to do that kinda play I’ll just accept it.

I really just think you’ve been wolfy all game and I’m probably just gonna end my vote on you.

town loses then lol

Sorry for being late.

I just don’t see the possibility of it not being Aelph

I think the fact that things immediately collapsed for Marluna as soon as I pointed out the fact that Aelph and Marluna were never in thread is simply too damning for Aelph

I’ve read over Aelph’s ISO again and I still ultimately come away with nothing.

Although it pains me since it means that Lucky is right I think at this point it’s likely that my world view is correct and that it is simply just Aelph

Overall I feel that I let my emotions influence me far too much this game, and I will try to prevent that if I ever play on this site again.

I don’t think I’ll vote until I read over Lucky’s ISO again, that’s mostly because I think it’s still quite painful for me to do so haha.

@aelph

You repeated multiple times yesterday that Lucky was the optimal vote. What changed today?

@aleph