Poor Approximations of Catgirls - Thread 1

I think the dude is mafia and the consensus is wrong
I feel like wolves are in control of the thread and that worries me immensely

I often have this feeling and am correct, especially on day 1, but nobody ever listens to me

I think Arctic is mafia because I haven’t agreed with any of his pushes (I think Arete and Wazza are town), because I don’t think he’s been super villagery (I have high standards for him because I think he’d try hard here as either alignment but as town he’d be an easier townread), and because he called me w/w with windward for me calling her a potential like pocketer, which is what she was trying to do to both me and Arctic in the clonedvitational where me and arctic masoned

Arctic claiming he couldn’t have known what I was referring to is something I don’t believe at all and it felt like a snap response to discredit me; the only pause I have is that he didn’t actually push me harder for it, but started reconsidering my slot instead, which I’m not sure how to feel about. I actually kinda see why he would call my like-pocket statement about WWA W/W, but it feels like a bizarre interpretation coming from him, when he should know I’m stating something that could very well be true; at the very least, it felt openly uncharitable. I probably overstated the importance of that response in my snap reaction earlier, but I do think it’s AI

there’s a part of me that wonders if I just have a terrible handle on the game, wolves are something like Wazza/Wisdom/Arete + a few others, and I’m wolfsiding hard; in that world Arctic would probably be town as well

I feel like I can’t do anything about the wagons, either, because everybody is throwing susses or wolfreads on me for going against the grain - which I don’t think has ever been alignment indicative for me, but I guess people aren’t obligated to know that

if I were to continue with my worldview, I would name people like Marshal/JC/Arctic/maybe some overlooked yet sufficiently loud slots and have been receiving no serious scrutiny but still have made significant pushes on people I townread, like nightingale

marshal/JC are probably not W/W because of how marshal framed her read on me, but both their reads on me have been bad, and I have consistently disagreed with their direction

that said, at this point I’m inclined to just sheep the consensus - and if it’s wrong, I’ll collectively blame all of you for not listening to me, even though I’m trying my best to be towny so I don’t get eternally tinfoiled again like in the last fol invitational

the “don’t get tinfoiled” part didn’t exactly work so far, given the sheer number of wolfreads, wolfleans, and/or w/w pairings I’ve been a part of, so I’m honestly rather tilted but I’m trying not to allow it to affect my gameplay

if you’re still unwilling to pay any amount of attention to my takes, i’ll level with the consensus for a day phase or two, and if you’re wrong, then maybe you’ll listen to me

the legacy of my worldview is this: arete/wisdom/wazza all town and this direction is a huge mistake. JC/marshal has a wolf but probably not together. arctic is probably a wolf, nightingale/moonwink probably contains at least one because I think both have been decidedly not towny and yet have caught no scrutiny (watch this be deemed “denying townreads on villagers” again).

Alana/kyubey/is are the most noteworthy lowposters because they genuinely haven’t done much to convince me they’re town; alana is the closest to achieving that, but I still think their ISO so far is within the wolfrange of someone with 50 games of experience. I still haven’t metadived Alana because I kept getting distracted by the people here (for obvious reasons) and I later got too tired to think about this game. I’ll do that today.

laserpointer/millium/hippo/bladescape/marl/probably nutella/maybe mistyx still town. wwa I’m currently still conflicted about, I think she could swing either way, but I like the fact she actually seems to be listening to me. could be a pocketing wolf, could just be a villager, I can’t tell for sure.

squirrel and illwei. illwei I think should be within both her ranges, while squirrel’s wolfrange I simply don’t know. squirrel’s play has been unimpressive, but I’ve seen him get pushed for being unimpressive when he was town. it’s possible he’s just another wolf target.

if this post doesn’t convince you I’m town and trying to solve the game, then I don’t know what will. I joked about having an infinite wolfrange earlier, but I don’t actually think it’s infinite.

if you have any questions, ask. for now, i’m still going to keep my vote on arctic. it’s possible that i’m embarrassingly wrong and me projecting these amounts of confidence has been a colossal, thread-derailing mistake; it’s possible that the consensus is correct and I’ve been actively wolfsiding. in that case I will take a fat L and I will never project confidence again because it simply has never worked for me.

the only reason I’m projecting such confidence now is because I have a sinking feeling about the consensus being wrong, particularly since I haven’t agreed with any cases about the three main suspects. so if there’s anything I really want you to remember - especially if I’m right on arete/wisdom/wazza - it’s this post. wolves will probably kill me at some point if I’m right, but not if I’m still a common wolfread, so.

let’s not do this anymore.

6 Likes

this is literally the exact opposite of what i think.
adding squirrel to my wolf pile from the post above.

THANK YOU
SOMEONE UNDERSTANDS AND IT’S THE THREAD’S TOP WOLF

i think maybe the squirrel wagon is okay but everything else is terrible

4 Likes

i’m really just making myself look like the biggest clown of the internet if the above post is wrong lmao

1 Like

Unless I’m entirely misreading the room then this looks like agenda imo.

(For when re-visiting vulgard post Arete/wisdom flips re: my reads list to revisit vulgard)

Still, don’t know vulgards townrange so there is at least some doubt there

Anyway I’m off to let others roam the thread again so I don’t suck the oxygen outta everyone I’m wolf reading lol

lmao you are just a wolf get out of here.

I think Squirrel is probably town (realistically most my actual read here is ‘none of the things he’s being wolfread for are wolfy for him’ but I do also think he is saying the things he would say as town, and that as a wolf he would not be successfully doing that)

Okie

Bork

there is no way villa jc looks at that entire post, singles out a small part of it (one i feel strongly about, but a small part nonetheless), then goes like “this is agenda” and disregards the entire post based on that one segment.

jc is a wolf. if he’s a villager, he’s the most stubborn and tunnelvisioned villager i have ever played with, and i have experienced villa Phighter.

1 Like

/vote JohnCarter @Nyarchmage

kill this guy.

Wdym?

I’ve floated putting you outside of my immediate poe to see what Wisdom and Arete flip.

Have you read the thread?

i have. your reaction to my post just now especially doesn’t make sense if you’re trying to re-evaluate me. if you still had me as bottom of the barrel i’d actually think it’s not wolfy because at least it’s consistent.

the calling of my three reads “agenda” here screams “shoving this back into poe before it clears itself.”

how would wisdom and arete flips change your read on me?

Okie. Seems like you just want to joust because I actually have been consistent… that I want to see what Arete and Wisdom flip before dealing with you.

Yw to vote me/do whatever/interrogate/implore others to wolf read me but I don’t think it’s beneficial to engage further rn if your response is that

Glgl!

stop pretending you ever gave me any room for fair engagement this entire game sir

I haven’t talked to you or talked about you much in the past 24hours

That’s all I can do friendo

you’ve just been spamcalling my posts wolfy since the moment i entered the thread and your response to my big post just now was just a plain discrediting attempt

it’s evident you don’t actually care about what i’m saying, which doesn’t fit the mindset of someone supposedly trying to re-evaluate me (as my higher placement in your more recent readlist implies)

so yeah

vulgard is town and one of us is being a townmisleader

2 Likes

Okie

Sorry you feel that way

I’m a bit ate resistant atm though so yea as I said, don’t foresee this being productive rn. Glgl.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I think the only things I want to check again before eod are my night and Alana reads seeing as mist has flagged them as potentially areas of interest. Will do that tonight

I had no idea!