Poor Approximations of Catgirls - Thread 1

Please make one

I played only two games with Illwei one where she was scum one where she was town but I feel like Illweiā€™s meta has been to start out solvy as scum become less solvy later on while as town she starts out meh but becomes more solvy late game

1 Like

(Quietly borks in a friendly way that isnā€™t intended to be unfun nor stop you from wanting to play)

but this looks like a wolf oriented read in almost every situation and probably spews marshall v

Either that or itā€™s intended to make me specifically think it spews marshall v given itā€™s like 1:1 how Arete treated me in poisonā€¦

But I think 95/100 times it just a) is a wolf oriented read and b) spews marshall v

Anyway Iā€™ll not be responding to your posts and giving this type of commentary until tomorrow irl (unless requested) just so I donā€™t Poo Poo on your parade

Glhf <3

1 Like

All top wagons areā€¦ Nulls so better than before?

Question
What specifically would make us antiteamed as opposed to both uninformed of each otherā€™s alignment? If weā€™re just v/v we wouldnā€™t know anything about each otherā€™s alignment. If weā€™re w/v, one of us would presumably know the otherā€™s alignment.
You saying you think weā€™re antialigned implies that you think one of us knows what the other is, but not vice versa. So which of us is it?

Same impression here, I didnā€™t find any of his responses to my questions or the brief amount of live interaction we had to feel wolfy. Just felt like normal Squirrel, GTH town but it isnā€™t a strong read since I havenā€™t ISOā€™d him.

I want to make the most of this post so imma scroll up and skim stuff and reply to whatever I thing warrants a comment. Sorry itā€™s gonna be in backwards order lol.

Tbf this is specifically because you claimed to be my roommate and it launched a discussion on whether I usually have a roommate or whether it was a mason soft, so at best itā€™s harmless and it was a funny claim, and at worst I got chained to a wolf which I knew was a risk. Itā€™s true, though, weā€™re roommates for the time being :person_shrugging:

Interesting that you vote me without really saying too much, unless I just completely missed your case against me.

@Kyubey, did you ever find the answer to your question in my iso? Cause I definitely discussed it, and frankly, Iā€™m tired of wasting separate posts to repeat something I already said just because people donā€™t actually want to read whatever Iā€™ve typed because itā€™s word salad or whatever.

I havenā€™t even been wallposting in this game (up to this point, at least) because people complain about reading my wallposts, and become too lazy to read them. But thereā€™s a post limit here so itā€™s actually very annoying that people have asked me to repeat myself like 5 times for every question that arises. I guess there are so many posts in this game that I canā€™t blame them for backreading, but the answers to pretty much all of their questions are in my iso.

You asked me why I thought Arete was RTing and if you had ISOā€™d me, you wouldā€™ve seen that I said they had such weird takes (on Marl sounding flat, on JC borking in the thread when itā€™s a catgirl game, on JC saying you were an NPC slank vig, on me sounding robotic, I forget what else) that I thought maybe they were just testing peopleā€™s reactions - because people definitely reacted to Areteā€™s takes. But Areteā€™s reaction to Marl saying he wasnā€™t devoid of energy was just to entirely rescind that take, which seemed hurried and panicky like ā€œoops, I shouldnā€™t have said thatā€ in a kind of wolfy way. So no, I donā€™t think any of that was an RT anymore, but neither do I think it comes from town unless Arete was just having a rough start.

Since Iā€™m on the topic of Arete I kinda think if Arete isnā€™t a wolf, I should be looking at Marshal and Vulgard since probably at least one of them is a wolf (just by interactions and reads on each other; Iā€™m less interested in looking at them before Arete)

Iā€™m too lazy to keep scrolling up and responding to random stuff and I gotta get stuff done so Iā€™ll save my response till someone else has a direct question for me.

1 Like

I think the dude is mafia and the consensus is wrong
I feel like wolves are in control of the thread and that worries me immensely

I often have this feeling and am correct, especially on day 1, but nobody ever listens to me

I think Arctic is mafia because I havenā€™t agreed with any of his pushes (I think Arete and Wazza are town), because I donā€™t think heā€™s been super villagery (I have high standards for him because I think heā€™d try hard here as either alignment but as town heā€™d be an easier townread), and because he called me w/w with windward for me calling her a potential like pocketer, which is what she was trying to do to both me and Arctic in the clonedvitational where me and arctic masoned

Arctic claiming he couldnā€™t have known what I was referring to is something I donā€™t believe at all and it felt like a snap response to discredit me; the only pause I have is that he didnā€™t actually push me harder for it, but started reconsidering my slot instead, which Iā€™m not sure how to feel about. I actually kinda see why he would call my like-pocket statement about WWA W/W, but it feels like a bizarre interpretation coming from him, when he should know Iā€™m stating something that could very well be true; at the very least, it felt openly uncharitable. I probably overstated the importance of that response in my snap reaction earlier, but I do think itā€™s AI

thereā€™s a part of me that wonders if I just have a terrible handle on the game, wolves are something like Wazza/Wisdom/Arete + a few others, and Iā€™m wolfsiding hard; in that world Arctic would probably be town as well

I feel like I canā€™t do anything about the wagons, either, because everybody is throwing susses or wolfreads on me for going against the grain - which I donā€™t think has ever been alignment indicative for me, but I guess people arenā€™t obligated to know that

if I were to continue with my worldview, I would name people like Marshal/JC/Arctic/maybe some overlooked yet sufficiently loud slots and have been receiving no serious scrutiny but still have made significant pushes on people I townread, like nightingale

marshal/JC are probably not W/W because of how marshal framed her read on me, but both their reads on me have been bad, and I have consistently disagreed with their direction

that said, at this point Iā€™m inclined to just sheep the consensus - and if itā€™s wrong, Iā€™ll collectively blame all of you for not listening to me, even though Iā€™m trying my best to be towny so I donā€™t get eternally tinfoiled again like in the last fol invitational

the ā€œdonā€™t get tinfoiledā€ part didnā€™t exactly work so far, given the sheer number of wolfreads, wolfleans, and/or w/w pairings Iā€™ve been a part of, so Iā€™m honestly rather tilted but Iā€™m trying not to allow it to affect my gameplay

if youā€™re still unwilling to pay any amount of attention to my takes, iā€™ll level with the consensus for a day phase or two, and if youā€™re wrong, then maybe youā€™ll listen to me

the legacy of my worldview is this: arete/wisdom/wazza all town and this direction is a huge mistake. JC/marshal has a wolf but probably not together. arctic is probably a wolf, nightingale/moonwink probably contains at least one because I think both have been decidedly not towny and yet have caught no scrutiny (watch this be deemed ā€œdenying townreads on villagersā€ again).

Alana/kyubey/is are the most noteworthy lowposters because they genuinely havenā€™t done much to convince me theyā€™re town; alana is the closest to achieving that, but I still think their ISO so far is within the wolfrange of someone with 50 games of experience. I still havenā€™t metadived Alana because I kept getting distracted by the people here (for obvious reasons) and I later got too tired to think about this game. Iā€™ll do that today.

laserpointer/millium/hippo/bladescape/marl/probably nutella/maybe mistyx still town. wwa Iā€™m currently still conflicted about, I think she could swing either way, but I like the fact she actually seems to be listening to me. could be a pocketing wolf, could just be a villager, I canā€™t tell for sure.

squirrel and illwei. illwei I think should be within both her ranges, while squirrelā€™s wolfrange I simply donā€™t know. squirrelā€™s play has been unimpressive, but Iā€™ve seen him get pushed for being unimpressive when he was town. itā€™s possible heā€™s just another wolf target.

if this post doesnā€™t convince you Iā€™m town and trying to solve the game, then I donā€™t know what will. I joked about having an infinite wolfrange earlier, but I donā€™t actually think itā€™s infinite.

if you have any questions, ask. for now, iā€™m still going to keep my vote on arctic. itā€™s possible that iā€™m embarrassingly wrong and me projecting these amounts of confidence has been a colossal, thread-derailing mistake; itā€™s possible that the consensus is correct and Iā€™ve been actively wolfsiding. in that case I will take a fat L and I will never project confidence again because it simply has never worked for me.

the only reason Iā€™m projecting such confidence now is because I have a sinking feeling about the consensus being wrong, particularly since I havenā€™t agreed with any cases about the three main suspects. so if thereā€™s anything I really want you to remember - especially if Iā€™m right on arete/wisdom/wazza - itā€™s this post. wolves will probably kill me at some point if Iā€™m right, but not if Iā€™m still a common wolfread, so.

letā€™s not do this anymore.

6 Likes

this is literally the exact opposite of what i think.
adding squirrel to my wolf pile from the post above.

THANK YOU
SOMEONE UNDERSTANDS AND ITā€™S THE THREADā€™S TOP WOLF

i think maybe the squirrel wagon is okay but everything else is terrible

4 Likes

iā€™m really just making myself look like the biggest clown of the internet if the above post is wrong lmao

1 Like

Unless Iā€™m entirely misreading the room then this looks like agenda imo.

(For when re-visiting vulgard post Arete/wisdom flips re: my reads list to revisit vulgard)

Still, donā€™t know vulgards townrange so there is at least some doubt there

Anyway Iā€™m off to let others roam the thread again so I donā€™t suck the oxygen outta everyone Iā€™m wolf reading lol

lmao you are just a wolf get out of here.

I think Squirrel is probably town (realistically most my actual read here is ā€˜none of the things heā€™s being wolfread for are wolfy for himā€™ but I do also think he is saying the things he would say as town, and that as a wolf he would not be successfully doing that)

Okie

Bork

there is no way villa jc looks at that entire post, singles out a small part of it (one i feel strongly about, but a small part nonetheless), then goes like ā€œthis is agendaā€ and disregards the entire post based on that one segment.

jc is a wolf. if heā€™s a villager, heā€™s the most stubborn and tunnelvisioned villager i have ever played with, and i have experienced villa Phighter.

1 Like

/vote JohnCarter @Nyarchmage

kill this guy.

Wdym?

Iā€™ve floated putting you outside of my immediate poe to see what Wisdom and Arete flip.

Have you read the thread?

i have. your reaction to my post just now especially doesnā€™t make sense if youā€™re trying to re-evaluate me. if you still had me as bottom of the barrel iā€™d actually think itā€™s not wolfy because at least itā€™s consistent.

the calling of my three reads ā€œagendaā€ here screams ā€œshoving this back into poe before it clears itself.ā€

how would wisdom and arete flips change your read on me?

Okie. Seems like you just want to joust because I actually have been consistentā€¦ that I want to see what Arete and Wisdom flip before dealing with you.

Yw to vote me/do whatever/interrogate/implore others to wolf read me but I donā€™t think itā€™s beneficial to engage further rn if your response is that

Glgl!

stop pretending you ever gave me any room for fair engagement this entire game sir